PDA

View Full Version : Flagstaff, AZ-PV muffler on VX?

Tone
02/17/2003, 09:01 AM
I’ve had an inquiry from a ‘94 Trooper owner in Flagstaff, AZ who would like to see and hear the PowerVault muffler. If you are and would be willing to meet up with him, please let me know or email him directly:
Makyle Kaplan
megster02@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Doc
02/21/2003, 01:53 AM
Ok, I need to know this ... what's the deal with the PowerVault muffler ?

Cost ?

Does it make deep vroom vroom growling noises or is it a politically correct whoosh box ?

I'm assuming it gives better 5 -> 15HP right ?;Db;

Tone
02/21/2003, 04:36 AM
Cost is $120 plus S&H

If you don’t like the sound within 60 days, return for a refund. It is hard to get power without additional sound but I’ve heard much louder mufflers. Not sure what a whoosh box is.

Zu4two
02/21/2003, 08:28 AM
I know Tone, you can sell me a PV at a special price and then I 'll drive to Flag to "demonstrate" it to your customer.

Kirk

Tone
02/21/2003, 08:54 AM
You’re driving a SCed VX with the stock muffler? Interesting.

Zu4two
02/21/2003, 10:16 PM
Not stock. Actually a custom 22" Brullen with same side offset, resulting in straight thru exhaust flow. I'm not usually one for buying the smoke and mirrors, but it seems the HP gains behind the PV muffler are valid. The $120 price tag is less than I paid for the Brullen!

Kirk

Doc
02/24/2003, 12:09 AM
It was my Aussie attempt at a laconic style of humour Tone ... "politically correct whoosh box" would translate into "really quiet".

Of course, what I am alluding to is I *want* it to be a little more ... um ... masculine sounding than it is with a stock muffler, and 15HP is what I'm also looking to gain. ie: if it makes my V-Cross growl more than stock that is exactly what I want it to do.

I gather the PV muffler is going to do both of these and thus be exactly what I'm looking for, right ?

Apologies if the humour style doesn't translate well over the Internet.

See ya Saturday at Lewisville.

Tone
02/24/2003, 09:01 AM
Hi Doc, sorry I can’t make the meet this Sat but I’ll be in Dallas sometime before Moab and maybe we can get another meet together and go to Shiloh Ridge. I think the PV will do what you want and certainly has a stronger, non-rice sound. New units are arriving this week but you’ll be able to hear several this weekend at the meet. Let me know when you are ready to order.

Reg Hinnant
02/24/2003, 01:17 PM
I wanna hear a new one!
I want to be convinced that Featherfoot has got this one right and NO I don't want a catback. (That was the Whoosh box with the Caribbean steel drum accompaniment.)
:D

Cptnmorgan
02/24/2003, 03:27 PM
Hey Reg I'm glad you did not like it. Although I think the best way to go is WITHOUT the full catback. I believe the sound is better with the larger diameter stock exhaust tubing. Not positive on this as I have not been able to compare, but if found true I'm gonna have the stock tubing put on my catback. The chrome tip looks nice, but WAY to little!!!

Reg Hinnant
02/24/2003, 08:04 PM
Compareing it with Tone's(PV welded to the stock exaust), I liked the stock exaust pipes better. I also think the new smaller muffler will sound better.(waiting to be proven!)
All in all, a very subjective matter, beauty is in the ears of the beholder, your noise level may vary and one mans groul is anothers ricer........
But I am havin fun.....really!