PDA

View Full Version : Favor from Cyrk...

nyc #1 ironman
10/21/2004, 12:43 PM
Hey,
Can you or maybe anyone else who knows photoshop take a pic from my gallery of the front of my VX with the Westin bar and fog lights and put one of Rons skid plates underneath it to show me how it would look? Also, would I even be able to place Rons skidplate under there with the Westin bar and fog lights already there? Thanks in advance....

Teckhardt
10/21/2004, 01:09 PM
There is a pic of that setup on Ron's website.

nyc #1 ironman
10/21/2004, 02:05 PM
Cool, thanks Teck.... I was wondering how it would look and also if it would fit so, I guess it will...

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/21/2004, 07:34 PM
In his words in the testimonial section of Ron's site:

"The plate worked out great. All I had to do was drill holes in each one of Tone's brackets about an inch back."

I am assuming that this would bring the safari bar about an inch forward to allow for clearance of the skid plate behind it on bumper.

http://vehicrossconcepts.homestead.com/mikessafariplate.html

nyc #1 ironman
10/21/2004, 08:36 PM
my fogs are in the middle center of the bar, how did mike get his up there?

johnnyapollo
10/22/2004, 03:08 AM
He added bracket points to the top.

By the way, he also added about 2 inches to each side of the bar so that it would clear the skid plate and added additional mounting points that would attach through the openings in the bumper (look closer and you'll see them - the westin safari bar doesn't have those). Finally, the skid plate had to be cut to allow for the bottom mounts. These mods will not be easy unless you have access to a welder and have got the time to do them.

Before he ultimately sold his VX, he had 4 Hella lights mounted to the Yakima Basket - really lit up the trail. Mike traded his VX last year for a new Axiom - the VX was too cumbersome with a child seat. I have a feeling that at some point he'll own another VX though. It was Mike's ride that gave me the inspiration to do mods to my own - he's also responsible for me finding the original ClubVMag VX list (came across his VX at a local Isuzu service center).

-- John

Tone
10/22/2004, 09:02 AM
Hmm, I had understood Ron’s plate would fit under the Safari bar without ANY mods as I sent him brackets when he was first starting to make them. My brackets fit up into the frame rails so I am confused where you are drilling these holes - any chance you can post some pics of this and I can have the brackets made that way?

Kahuna
10/22/2004, 09:37 AM
I have one of Ron's skid plates as well as the Westin Safari Bars. There were no mods needed and both look fine together. If you need to see pics...let me know.

nyc #1 ironman
10/22/2004, 01:03 PM
pleaseeee post post... Thanks... Also, guess I can't fit my license plate on the front either huh? Here in New York (Nu Yawk) lol,,, they require a plate on the front which unfortunately would ruin the whole look. Then again if Mike had to make all those mods it wouldn't be worth it for me to get the skid plate. It would look real nice along with my bar and new billet grill, but it just seems like too much trouble to mod, with welding and all...

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/22/2004, 01:28 PM
Obviously Kahuna would definitely know!

I was toying around with this look myself and got into Ron's site and read "Mikes" testimonial and he said what I posted above...so I figured he must have drilled holes 1" behind where Tone puts the holes so that he could move the bracket forward an inch by using these new holes bolted to the same location Tone's holes were anchored? Unless he did this for the sake of adding those extra support bars? As far as relocating the lights I would think a simple weld job would accomplish that?

I do like the look of this setup!