PDA

View Full Version : Ot - Greatest Team Ever? Red Sox

VXMAN
10/20/2004, 09:44 PM
As a RED SOX fan, this has been the greatest team & greatest night ever! I just wanted to share my happyness.

I Can't wait for the World Series to start!

:D

Dave...

:biggroup:
:jump: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

azskyrider
10/20/2004, 09:49 PM
well.. at least Schillings use to be a diamond back player when we won the world series.

what happen to "Mayday" Malone;)

ScottinMA
10/21/2004, 03:07 AM
OMG what a game. Can't believe I have to go work. Someone should declare a state holiday

Heraclid
10/21/2004, 08:51 AM
I vote for Team America... f--- yeah!

Sorry, but I saw that movie and that is the most I have laughed in a long time. I mean just about rolling on the floor kinda laughter. It's theme song is "America, F--- Yeah", which is hilariously delivered both as a sort of typical 80's rock anthem and as a slower, brooding ballad. The puppet sex was hilarious! But it has something to offend just about everyone (I love the political incorrectness!), so be prepared. And these guys clearly do not much care for certain members of the Hollywood set. :-)

Dallas4u
10/21/2004, 09:08 AM
Yeah... I have GOT to see that movie! I'm getting a little tired of South Park (haven't watched it in a few years, but use to), but I think they are genius at what they do. Did you hear about the letter they received from Sean Penn? Hilarious!

Oh, and as to not stray OT, Sox and 'stros? Fingers crossed!

AlaskaVX
10/21/2004, 10:40 AM
MATT DAMON

Red Sox rule! Hope to see the Cards in the WS.

Heraclid
10/21/2004, 04:47 PM
Yep, I read the letter. Anyone who hasn't can see it here:

http://www.drudgereport.com/penn.htm

AlaskaVX
10/21/2004, 05:21 PM
There are 3 types of people in this world..... and he would be a *****!

VXR
10/21/2004, 07:22 PM
Welcome to the curse of Alex NY!!!:( :o

Panther_Black_VX
10/21/2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by VXR
Welcome to the curse of Alex NY!!!:( :o
You know, you might be right!!

VXMAN
10/28/2004, 07:06 AM
Well, I guess I was right.
THE GREATEST TEAM EVER!

:jump: :clap: :jump: :clap:
:thanx:

Dave...

VCrossfan
10/28/2004, 07:42 AM
Yep the sox's went on an eight game kicking streak. I live 2hrs from St Louis and went to game 7 (Cards vs Astro's) and that was the most exciting game I have ever been too. But the Cards sure didn't bring those games to the BIG SHOW. My hats off the the RED SOX... "2004 WORLD CHAMPS"

geshaw30
10/28/2004, 07:02 PM
After spending my youth at The Fens I can rest easy now. I grew up with Yaz, Rico, Freddy Lynn, Jim Rice, Luis Tiant, Rick Burleson, Boomer Scott, dollar bleacher seat on sale the day of the game only, MVP/Cy Young Clemens, Denny Doyle, Dwey Evans, Boggs, Butch on 3rd, Buckner when he could hit, Eckersley, Poole, Spaceman, Rick Wise getting pounded, and all the others who made my life in the Red Sox Nation what it has become. I passed it one to my children who also live & die with the "home nine".

The Sox are as close to a religion as there is away from the blessed church.

I watched the game with my children. Thought you might want to read a profound post on my son's site:
http://meaty.blogspot.com Thurs Oct 28th

The lone hat in the bleacher seat was a tribute to my oldest son's best friend who was shot, and died, in my beat while I was on duty. I still suffer. Jeremy (my oldest) was supposed to go to Fenway with Russell (the victim) a few weeks after the shooting and had bleacher tickets. When Russell died Jeremiah brought Russell's BoSox hat to the seat, set it in place, and watched the game with an empty seat (and Russells spirit) next to him.

Shoeless Joe Jackson: "Is this heaven?"
(If my son were in Field of Dreams)
Jeremiah: No. It's Fenway

Thanks
________
BATAVIA TRANSMISSION (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Batavia_Transmission)