PDA

View Full Version : Rally event questions?

azskyrider
10/19/2004, 11:25 PM
Seems like a great little track.

This is in reference to the Rally events that members have been participating.

Since I know nothing of Rally I am curious to know more. Since this looked like a little course (not like those cross country) I noticed some items that maybe someone can explain.

I did not see any standby ambulance or Flag men. Was there a Tech inspection? Did you have to safety wire (oil filter, caliper banjo, etc..)? Did you have to replace your Anti freeze with water wetter redline? How about gear? Helmut? fireproof suit?

My knowledge has only been from Racing bikes and cars at track events and the rally pictures and some posts seem to be a little different. ;)

Thanks in advance

Tone
10/20/2004, 10:52 AM
If it is a SCCA style event then helmets and seat belts are required (good idea even if not mandatory) and a basic tech inspection, battery secure, wheel bearings w/o play, no loose items in the vehicle, and driving with the windows up (silly rule as they are gonna pop out when upside down). No lifted vehicles and no soft top ones.

Rollcages not required at this level of participation as this is more Rally Cross where speeds are supposed to be kept under 45 - true rally is way expensive to prep for and run.

More info here where Jay and I ran and took 2nd/1st several yearsin a row.
http://www.houscca.com/rallycross/rallycross.aspx

azskyrider
10/20/2004, 11:01 AM
Thanks Tone. This is a sport I can consider. My brother in Germany has been doing the Club rally over there and is getting pretty good at it. Not to put down the USA events but from Sportbikes to Car eventes the Euro's seems to have us beat. I think it is because of the HIGH turn out rate.

Thanks again.

P.S. Hope your trip was nice in Cabo.. The weather should not have been too hot.