PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!!

Denee
10/19/2004, 01:51 PM
HI, I'm Denee',
I was on here a while back; almost sold my VX! Don't know what came over me! I went shopping looking at xterras, jeeps, etc, but couldn't find anything to out do the look, performance, style of my VX! So I've decided to keep it and make it how I want it. Plans are to have it painted yellow, as I saw a really pretty yellow one at a home depot just the other day! Wow! and I want a hood scoop!

So, I'll be back on here from time to time! Between my TL1000s and my VX, it's almost a full time job!

The picture is "yours truly' sitting on my '97TL1000s that I just had re-assembled from being painted, new yosh exhaust, and underneath tailsection. My VX is in the photo and will match my bike as far as the color is concerned.
so see ya'll around!
Denee'
Anocsunamoon@aol.com
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/Denee/TLS1004a.jpg

SlowPro48
10/19/2004, 02:15 PM
Great googly moogly! A hottie who drives a VX and rides a thundering TL. It just doesn't get any better than that!

Denee
10/19/2004, 02:29 PM
Gee, that's the nicest thing I've heard (read) all day! Thanks slowpro48!!

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/19/2004, 02:51 PM
Dayam.... ;eekb; ...........just one more reason to pack my bags and move to Houston, Texas! ;)

azskyrider
10/19/2004, 05:53 PM
The odds of finding a woman who rides sportbikes is like winning the lottery.

Any pics of you in action? Knee draggin or wheelies?:D

BTW Welcome back!

transio
10/19/2004, 06:20 PM
GO TEXANS !!!

LOL, why not? :D

SlowPro48
10/19/2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Denee
Gee, that's the nicest thing I've heard (read) all day! Thanks slowpro48!!

You're welcome! By the way, Denee, that's a nice looking tail you've got there.... Is it HotBodies?

Ohhh somebody slap me!

SlowPro48
10/19/2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by azskyrider
The odds of finding a woman who rides sportbikes is like winning the lottery.

Dude - the odds multiply. I bet you're MORE likely to win the PowerBall jackpot than you are to find an open-class-twin-riding, VX-driving woman. I'd estimate the odds at 1 in 6.4 billion which just happens to be the population of the earth.

Furthermore, I posit that the odds of finding said sportbike-riding, VX-driving female who is as beautiful as Denee and is also unmarried are exactly zero because I think I see a wedding ring in that pic - so Jolly Roger you better pack more than your bags if you're heading off to Houston to mess with Texas!

SlowPro
(just kidding around about packing heat OK)

weasel
10/19/2004, 09:45 PM
Another one in Houston.

Super!

This world needs more VX babes!!!

Do we know who bought the white one at the used dealer at 249 and beltway 8?

It is not there any more.

-Fred

StormTROOPER
10/20/2004, 02:08 AM
Two RARE beautys,(99 VX & 00 ViXen) that pic gets my highest rating....:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

azskyrider
10/20/2004, 06:59 AM
Denee,

Do you have a steering damper? The TL are well known to tank slap and cause a real serious situation. Suzuki rectified this issue after being threaten with law suits and recalls by adding one to later years.

The TL has lots of torque and the TLR is just awesome. I miss my R1 :( Keep the shiny side up :)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/930andrew2.jpg

Denee
10/20/2004, 07:04 AM
Extreme graphics is the name of my undertail, thank you for noticing! lol
It's strange, but before I got married a few months ago, I enjoyed the attention (like ya'll are giving me!) and I still do! I never considered myself a "babe", but I do try to look my best and love to be different, I love the attention! The VX and my TL provide a sense of excitement!
I get in my VX, like a cockpit of a fine fighter jet, turn up Information society (DVD) and enjoy the thrill of significant "G" force from acceleration! and notice people looking in puzzlement and must be wondering, "what kind of Vehicle is that?"

Same with my TL! I put on my leathers n gear and hear and feel the ROAR of the TL Super V-twin, crack the throttle for instant thrill and people have to look! (now I don't do the wheelies down the freeways!), but an occasional 1st gear wheelie looks pretty awsome I"m sure! ( at least for those who may appreciate).

Since ya'll have been so sweeeet~I'll attach two photos: one is of my recently painted TL (was green)and the other is me on my EX500 race bike at Texas World speedway a few months ago.

So I thank you all and appreciate the fun n flattery! Look forward to meeting many of you someday soon! Plus I promise to get some photos of my VX too!
Sincerely,
Denee'
#298 CMRA
Leather n Lace (nickname from the CMRA guys)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/Denee/Racephotos032.jpg

Hey, Azskyrider; funny you should mention about the steering damper!!! I was at TWS a few weeks ago, and on the straight away I experienced a strong shimmy that scared me a little (a lot!!) and I've actually been looking for a damper!) Everything costs so much and darn it all, I want it all!! Wow, that's a great photo of you on your R!?lolhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/Denee/denee10-15-04008.jpg

Dallas4u
10/20/2004, 09:54 AM
Hey Denee... didn't know you actually raced! Nice...

I've been looking for a damper for my KTM, but the only damper that even fits a Duke has to be welded, and I don't feel like going that route (plus I'm still a complete noob in the world of biking).

Nice bike, and nice for a Texas transplant (me) to see some Texas ladies (you) tearin it up.

azskyrider
10/20/2004, 10:48 AM
Denee,

You wouldn't happen to have taken the Reg Pridmore STAR CLASS out at Firebird raceway, Phoenix AZ (last time AMA visited in AZ. Class followed AMA events) in 1999!?! :eek: You look familiar.

By the looks of it you are racing a Ninja 250 4 stroke.

The R1 is nice but I favor the TZR250 (2 stroke). I sold both bikes when my new job required it. But I do miss it so.

I have always come to believe that the woman body was meant for racing. Just like a horse jockey. Bikes are faster when a light, small rider is on board.

Cheers,

P.S. Please consider a Damper before you go out again on the track with the TL. Just like the Gear.. You can't put a price on safety. At least that is what my wife says.:cool:

azskyrider
10/20/2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Dallas4u

I've been looking for a damper for my KTM,

Dallas4u,

Have you looked at Scott? They are universal and easy to install. I recommend this for both you and Denee though I do not see that your DUKE needs one unless you plan on doing jumps. But it doesn't hurt even though you might not like the stiffer turning feel.

NOW LETS ALL PLAN TO MEET AT LAGUNA SECA 2005!;Do; :D

Dallas4u
10/20/2004, 11:03 AM
Yeah, Scotts makes one that fits, but it is weld on. Here is a how-to page for a new Duke II owner that is spending a lot of time working on his bike:

Scotts damper (http://www.teamincomplete.com/Projects/Duke/ktmdukeiisteerin.html)

I don't plan on jumping the Duke much ;) , but after hitting 70 on the highway one day I noticed some wobbly steering that scared me a bit. I'm thinking a damper may help, but then again, I hate taking the highway with the Duke, so it may not matter much if I stay off and stay on the back roads.

By the way, as much as I love the Duke, I am freaking in LOVE with the BMW Rockster

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/features/Rockster_11.jpg

azskyrider
10/20/2004, 12:00 PM
Dallas4U,

The scott damper weld is only to the top triple clamp so this should be no big deal. Besides it will be a lot better than riveting mounts to your frame if you go the fork route. If this really concerns you then buy a used (straight) T-clamp.

You can also buy a mountable "ducati 916" style and fabricate the mounts. I did this to my R1 by using the mounts to the top gas tank and the front subframe mounts. The damper was mounted using the main nut on the top T.

My suggestion is that you look into getting a new rear spring for the shock. You look like a 6'0 200lbs rider (with gear) and the stock spring are meant for a soft ride. Shocks never come for the riders weight. This is probably giving you the wobble. If you want to do it right then order a Penske and have your forks redone by Traxxion so your suspension is dialed for your weight and dynoed. Of course this can set you back a cool $2000. :) Then set your self up with some Mich pilots or Dunlop's with EBC green pad brakes, SS lines and you are set to go :)

Now I understand why I left the sport :(

By the way, For a cool Bling bling, go to your local cycle shop (not street bike) and pick up an electronic speedo. They are cheap like $20. Very easy to mount. Velcro unit to top trimple clamp and mount sensor. You then have a way to indicate your speed, distance as well how fast you have ever gone. It was a poor man's way to find out how fast the rider was doing on the straights at a particular track for regearing purposes.

Can also be used for poser points ;)

Good Luck

P.S. I would hate to down a BMW. Those heads have no protection.

drdavidr4u
10/20/2004, 01:27 PM
Wow....!!!! I'm in love!!!!!

If only you were still single!!!!

Best of luck in your new marriage and with your VX!!!!!

Denee
10/20/2004, 02:20 PM
I have to admit though I hold a CMRA race license; I rarely race! I do mainly trackdays; it's a lot of fun, good experience, good people! I would like maybe next season to look into endurance racing, but not with the intent to break any records! Just a few people getting together and enjoy the sport! Too many people are "out to kill" and want to win! I win by losing or winning!

I'll be looking into dampers probably next season. Between my VX (which will be in the paint shop soon; 2500 to paint yellow) and I want a belly pan for my VX, plus I want to find my next "RAce bike". Not sure what I want! I was thinking RS125 at one time,but I was told they are alot of work! Everyone has an SV650 ( I don't want to be one of the everybodies!). Even the Aprilia RS250 sounds pretty cool (never taken a 2 stroke out on the track)!

DAllas, that's a pretty cool BMW! I do like the BMW sportbikes; very sophistiated; I could handle that donning some long tall black riding boots, black leather (good fitting), just showing off while riding! It's kind of like flirting when riding around town! Is that bad?
I'm having a difficult time keeping up with everyone that has written!!!
All bikes aside; My VX pulls the bikes effortlessly and my bikes look great behind it! People think I must be rich!! lol (JUST GREAT CREDIT!)

Oh, Azskyrider, it's been a long time since I've been out of Texas! (awfully big place!). I would love to do a riding school someday!
Got to go play right now!
beback later!!

Denee'
Anocsunamoon@aol.com

azskyrider
10/20/2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Denee
I could handle that donning some long tall black riding boots, black leather (good fitting), just showing off while riding! It's kind of like flirting when riding around town! Is that bad?

You just had to spell it out didn't you.;)

Denee
10/21/2004, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by azskyrider
You just had to spell it out didn't you.;)

That made my morning! Azskyrider!

Denee
10/21/2004, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by drdavidr4u
Wow....!!!! I'm in love!!!!!

If only you were still single!!!!

Best of luck in your new marriage and with your VX!!!!!

That was cute Drdavid4u!!