PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Suspension?? Here's the cure and extra benefit!

Moncha
02/16/2003, 10:49 AM
After having a noisy suspension for a while now, I got tired of having to use a high pressure wash to get the grit out to quiet it down. The bushings are right on the bend of the bars and that allows for all sorts of stuff to accumulate.
While taking the old bushings off I could see all of the crap that builds up and was actually wearing into the bar itself.
I did some research, and came up with a set of polyurethane sway bar bushings that fit our trucks that have grease fittings.
Now, there are 2 benefits to having these new bushings.
#1) Polyurethane IS much stiffer and resiliant than rubber and reduces the amount of sway in corners and higher winds.. I was very happy with the results!
#2) The grease fitting affords the abilty of using grease as a sealant, keeping stuff out while allowing you to refresh the lubricant and flush out any debri that has does have a chance to accumulate. All the while, quieting down the suspension noise... I can go through a deep dip and have complete suspension compression with no noise at all!

They are very easy to change out and the results ARE very impressive!

*** I don't want to delete the thread, I may modify it though. Anyway, I've been getting some Paypals as of late and I just wanted everyone to know that I'll be changing the first posting but, I no longer have these items for sale.. I'm very sorry. here's the part numbers;

Energy Suspension

Front: 9.5163G Greasable Sway Bar Bushing Set 28MM

Rear: 9.5156G Greasable Sway Bar Bushing Set 3/4” 19MM

Doc4h
02/16/2003, 06:42 PM
What kind of noise were you getting? Personally I have a squeak whenever I hit a bump and if I have passengers or the bigger the bump the bigger the squeak. I'm not 100% sure it's my suspesion but I running out of options. What do you think?

Moncha
02/16/2003, 08:39 PM
An easy way to tell is to take your truck to a car wash. Use the high pressure spray and hose down your bushings from the sides. You can see them from the front wheel wells. There's a big bar running right through them. If the squeak goes away.......

I couldn't decide on how to offer these bushing kits, there is a noticeable improvement in the handling also...

Randy
02/18/2003, 01:55 PM
Scott:

Did you need to re-check your alignment? What about some of the other areas of our VX's for these improvements?

Money is in your account!

Randy :supercool

Moncha
02/18/2003, 02:07 PM
Thanks Randy and everyone else!
This improvement does nothing to steering geometry so no need to check alignment.. I'm working on finding other easy component changes and will post as they come available...

SilverBullet75
02/23/2006, 05:48 PM
Moncha,
Thanks for the info and tip!!!
I just replaced mine with the part numbers you gave. EASY install...
$34 total (inc. shipping)...
Noisy suspension NO MORE!!

VXers! If you haven't done this easy mod yet, I highly recommend it!
---JIM---