PDA

View Full Version : Another Close Call

Bantan
10/18/2004, 03:36 PM
This is what happens when you try to catch a traffic light while hauling a loaded vehicle trailer.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/2251804oct_079.jpg
Happened last night,at a turn signal, luckily I had the foresight to see that he was going to fast around the corner, guess my brakes still work after 46k miles. I stoped a hair short of getting trampled.

Anita
10/18/2004, 03:39 PM
Yikes, Mercer. Glad you and your VX are okay.;eekr;

transio
10/18/2004, 05:58 PM
holy crap, dude !!! Is there a hole in your windshield from when your heart jumped out of your chest?

Bantan
10/19/2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Anita
Yikes, Mercer. Glad you and your VX are okay.;eekr;
Thanks Nita!

Bantan
10/19/2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by transio
holy crap, dude !!! Is there a hole in your windshield from when your heart jumped out of your chest?

Went and got a "Long Island Ice Tea" after that one.

nyc #1 ironman
10/19/2004, 01:07 PM
Seeeeeee Mercer, that's what you get for abandoning us fellow
"Nu-yorkas",,,,,,,lol......Glad your ok, now come home...

Bantan
10/20/2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by nyc #1 ironman
Seeeeeee Mercer, that's what you get for abandoning us fellow
"Nu-yorkas",,,,,,,lol......Glad your ok, now come home...
Hey bro
Can't turn back now, I got rid of all my winter gear.
Got to love the bikini girls.;)
ok gonna hit the beach now.

Heraclid
10/20/2004, 09:21 PM
Yikes - we just made a trip to Savannah, GA for our anniversary and had the interesting experience of having a tractor-trailer loaded up with logs take an on-ramp too fast and get the trailer on two wheels practically right next to us. Not something I want to see again anytime soon. That was almost as good as the guy who lost control of a big boat he was towing behind a much, much smaller SUV. Fortunately it was enough ahead of me that I was in no real danger. It was fishtailing wildly and I was sure he'd lose the boat and maybe flip but somehow he recovered. It was nothing short of miraculous. So then I passed the guy and he has a cell phone pressed against his ear, seconds after such a harrowing experience. Some never learn.

Lisa K
10/22/2004, 02:18 PM
Holy moly! Glad you're OK. (Hope you were wearing your brown pants!)