PDA

View Full Version : Mohegan Sun Meet.

TDAWG
02/16/2003, 10:06 AM
1st Let me start by saying great meet guys,
It being my 1st meet of the family was great. Now comes the story. If anyone ever makes plans with Brain (BBVX) and he tells you he's gonna call at 9:45 am don't think he won't.:laughy: He actually will. Our plans were he would call me 9:45 am to hook-up and drive to Mohegan Sun.
He and Dave were here in RI early than he thought. He called from 95 thinking they were still 1/2 an hour or more away. As I spoke to him I started Laughing cuz Alot of people think RI is a normal state. Nope not at all it's small I mean really small. If you drove from Mass to get Connt and blinked as you enter RI you just missed the state. It was a great ride there. The looks you get from everyone as you pass them is AWESOME. If you have never been in a convoy of VX's then you diffently don't know what your missing. For those who have know exactly what I am saying. It's a feeling you can't put into words. Back to the story. As we coming up to the parking area wwe see no other VX's there so we start to think that maybe we parked in the wrong lot. We look around and see the Flags. We are diffently in the right lot. we look at the time and WOW it's only 11:00 am we are early. We head down for a restroom and some muncheys. After checking out a little of the inside we head back up to the Lot. As we walk out there is a VX next to our 3. :wtfy2: we wonder who's VX. We start looking to see if we see them. Then Here comes another. None other than Pressman shows up in his VX. He parks and starts telling us that he must have passed the NY VX Crew some how cuz he was getting all kinds of looks on the Highway.:laughy: Then Brain (BBVX) gets on the phone to check on them again. Here come 3 more it's but still no NY VX Crew as we're looking and BBVX on the phone we see them coming down they missed the exit. :laughy: We can't believe it. Ok they go turn around and are now coming up again. Here they come :laughy: right "NOPE" they miss it again. When they finally show up and park it is a total of 12 VX's and the Photo shoot begins. To all the VX's that made this meet It was a pleasure and an honor to finally meet this great family that I have joined.

Hotsauce
02/16/2003, 04:37 PM
We didn't miss the lot, we were doing...um...PARADE LAPS! yeah thats it.

John C.

edyavno
02/16/2003, 05:04 PM
I think we had a new East Cost record: a dozen VXes! Imagine how many more we would have had if it wasn't for the cold weather.

I know there will be plenty of pics, so post them here!

Here's my version of the dozen VX lineup.
A few more pics with some interesting ideas can also be found here (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=3019&papass=&thumb=1).

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3019/13512vxlineup.jpg

Moncha
02/16/2003, 05:12 PM
1 word!! COOL!!!

BBVX
02/17/2003, 03:05 PM
ROLL CALL

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/p1f8c0ad0ddad5096c35007292a1ed890/fca007c0.jpg
AndyC.*Tim*.Daver.JohnK.Newsman.Bantan.Zadam123.Td awg.CatmanV.Hotsauce.EdYavno.BBVX

I didn't get in the pic, but I was there, I have witnesses! :)

Thanks everyone for coming out and freezing your arses off, I hope everyone had fun. We'll have to do it again soon.

Everyone give a warm(no pun) welcome to Tim when he makes his presence known, he was surfing the net, found our websites Friday morning and just decided to show up. I hope we didn't scare him away! :D Welcome Tim! Hope to hear from you soon.

Tdawg, sorry your niece got sick and we couldn't talk some more, but we will definitely get together soon.

There was so much cool(no pun) stuff to see, Daver's amps inset into his rear seatbacks, Hotsauce's stereo and S/C, Bantan's rims, JohnK's bra (giggle), Zadam's cladding, etc,etc,etc. I wish it was warmer and we could have checked it all out. Maybe we should set up a "family reunion" type thing one weekend this summer where we just eat, drink, frisbee, volleyball, and check out mods all day long. Sound good?

Again, thanks all. If you gambled and lost, hopefully you grew rich with new VX famiy members! Sorry we missed you NYC#1, we were thinking of you.

Brian

Bantan
02/17/2003, 04:18 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3018/22512_vxs.jpg

TDAWG
02/17/2003, 04:54 PM
I have to say :D Even though it was my 1st meet and I did freeze my arse off it was worth it. You guys and girls are the greatest extended family.

ebonyvx
02/18/2003, 07:35 AM
Hello fellow VX'ers from the Mohegan Sun Meet! Gaby and I had a great time getting to know everyone. We hope to continue this new adventure we've embarked on and look forward to seeing everyone when the weather is warmer! Now if someone can teach the NY VX'ers how to navigate! And I got it all on video! So there's no excuses. John and Ruth, thanks for having lunch with us! We're going to have to hook up again since you're only 30 minutes from us. And Lil, email us when you and (forgot your husbands name! Sorry) are in the neighborhood with that NASA VX. We're just around the corner in the Victorian house (only one on the street). OK folks, see you at the next meet! P.S. If you want photos, let me know. I think I got at least one of every VX and also a group shot like the one you see in this thread. Tim "ebonyVX" (literally and figuratively)

edyavno
02/18/2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by ebonyvx
Hello fellow VX'ers from the Mohegan Sun Meet! Gaby and I had a great time getting to know everyone. We hope to continue this new adventure we've embarked on and look forward to seeing everyone when the weather is warmer! Now if someone can teach the NY VX'ers how to navigate! And I got it all on video! So there's no excuses. John and Ruth, thanks for having lunch with us! We're going to have to hook up again since you're only 30 minutes from us. And Lil, email us when you and (forgot your husbands name! Sorry) are in the neighborhood with that NASA VX. We're just around the corner in the Victorian house (only one on the street). OK folks, see you at the next meet! P.S. If you want photos, let me know. I think I got at least one of every VX and also a group shot like the one you see in this thread. Tim "ebonyVX" (literally and figuratively)

Navigation, shnavigation. As John(Hotsause) said above, we were PARADING! :)
Tim, upload your pictures here: each member has personal space for the pictures, and you can even create separate album for the meet pics. Just go to the gallery section of the site, and hit "Uplaod Photos".

- Ed Y.

SU-Vehi
02/19/2003, 11:48 AM
I really wish I couldve been part of that meet, living in NH and all. But alas, the team I work for had a home game that day and I had to be at the arena.

So let's get another meet set up soon!

Cyrk
02/19/2003, 12:09 PM
let's see some more photos!

Looks like a good time.

a745035
03/28/2007, 07:20 PM
I live right in central CT and never been to a VX GTG.... I'll have to pay attention for the next Mohegan meet.

VehiGAZ
03/29/2007, 07:23 AM
a7 - I've been getting ready to try to bring together some of the CT VXers for an informal meet (now that ski season is winding up and I have time again).

Mohegan Sun is a nice place to go on a weekend, but since people's weekends are often too busy, I was going to try for a mid-week evening get-together near some shopping areas, so at least people can run some errands while they're out.

Stay tuned - I'll post a thread when I'm ready to tackle this, project...

By the way, are you the Keiser Silver VX I occasionally see in and around the Southington area? Or are you the Astral Silver VX with the filled-in-with-red Isuzu badge I saw a couple of times at Mt Snow is Jan/Feb this year?

joshsvx
03/29/2007, 01:41 PM
I wish I could have made but I must have missed the thread on when it happened. Oh well i'll just have to wait for the next meet. Can't wait!!!!!

a745035
03/29/2007, 05:16 PM
I'm the Foxfire in Meriden. It's the wife's daily driver, actually....but I'm the tinkerer & enthusiast. Only mods so far is the rear door popper, Rancho 9000x shocks (adj.) and an over-the-stock leather steering-wheel wrap that fits the stock color scheme perfectly. I'd like to meet other VX'ers sometime and compare notes. Have questions about this drivetrain too, which to me feels very raw and somewhat out of balance.

Brian

Chopper
03/29/2007, 06:23 PM
More pix, more pix, more pix- you get the idea.

Ldub
03/29/2007, 06:39 PM
I live right in central CT and never been to a VX GTG.... I'll have to pay attention for the next Mohegan meet.

Y'all realize you are responding to/commenting on a thread that's over four years old ?

a745035
03/29/2007, 08:20 PM
Ayep.... ;)

Beavertractors
03/29/2007, 10:16 PM
:) Who cares how old the thread is ;) I did not have my glasses on when I first read it, I thought I missed a :confused: gathering. It got our interest up for a northeast gathering I hope?? :cool:How many VXers do we have left in the northeast??

VehiX
03/30/2007, 07:19 AM
I'm still here (Southern NH) Not sure I want to drive down to Mohgan Sun for a meet though. It's kind of a hike for me :(