PDA

View Full Version : Got my VX back!

Proton_Thang
10/15/2004, 02:57 PM
YAY!!! I finally got my VX back!!! It was in the body shop for repairs because I had a little run in with a dump truck! I just got it back. As soon as I got it home, I shined it up really well and I plan on going out tonight to show it off! I'm so happy!

I need to get new tires soon, what size do ya'll recommend? I know I want Pirelli tires, and I want the absolute biggest ones I can get. Any suggestions?

SPAZZ
10/15/2004, 03:25 PM
32x11.5's or 33x12.5's

Proton_Thang
10/15/2004, 03:32 PM
SPAZZ:

Do you have a pic of what those tires look like? I have to order them soon, so I'd like to know what they look like before I buy them. Are they really big? Will they fit my VX? Thanks! ; )

Anita
10/15/2004, 05:13 PM
Proton,

One thing you might do is to look through the gallery of pictures here on the site and see if any tire/wheel look appeals to you then check the owner's profile. Most member's profiles will list their mods including tires/wheels. Read, read, read the archive here on the subject before making any decision.

;Dr;

Reg Hinnant
10/15/2004, 07:25 PM
Just remember, larger tyres will affect:
gas milage
acceleration
ability to use the spare tyre
spedometer showing wrong speed
cornering ability
ride

They look good but its a serious trade off so make your choice carefully!
;Dy;

transio
10/16/2004, 08:30 AM
Reg, do you mean that they adversely affect cornering ability because they "give" more than lower-profile tires, or because of the higher center of gravity?

Ldub
10/16/2004, 09:01 AM
Hey P.T.,

CONGRAT'S on getting your baby back, that's gotta be a great feeling.:D Good luck on the tire search.

Ldub

Triathlete
10/16/2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by transio
Reg, do you mean that they adversely affect cornering ability because they "give" more than lower-profile tires, or because of the higher center of gravity?

Yes and yes!

Proton Thang... keep in mind that to put 32 or 33's you would need a lift also. I you have no lift 31s are probably about the biggest you will fit without some very serious trimming of the cladding.