PDA

View Full Version : New Shock Source!!!

Joe_Black
10/14/2004, 02:20 PM
A friend just passed along some info for an outfit that has an external reservoir shock application for the VX. They also have standard and lifted sport springs too. He just got a full set of suspension from them for rally and has heard good things about them, so I thought to pass along to y'all.

Hot Bits (http://www.hotbits.org/product006.html)

Hotsauce
10/14/2004, 03:42 PM
From their site: "Sporty and plush street ride."

No thanks.

John C.

Joe_Black
10/14/2004, 04:39 PM
Hey, I'm still working on fitting Bilstein 7100 coil-overs. Just wanted to offer up a new choice for the less extreme. ;Do;

transio
10/14/2004, 04:55 PM
How can something be sporty AND plush? LOL

xdfarrx
10/14/2004, 07:03 PM
Looks very interesting...prices were not listed but the specs look to be consistent with the KYB offering-

SGT.BATGUANO
10/14/2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by transio
How can something be sporty AND plush? LOL

Sounds like the Spice girls ;)

Joe_Black
10/15/2004, 05:41 AM
I'll find out where my buddy got his set-up and post, since I neglected that info earlier. :mbrasd:

mrtew
10/15/2004, 05:54 AM
I can't wait to hear from someone that tries them out. We're all going to need new shocks someday I guess.

AREA 51
10/15/2004, 06:25 AM
2 year warranty?:confused:

Joe_Black
10/15/2004, 08:53 PM
Okay, here's a link to a thread on Special Stage with info about the Hot Bits suspension. Keep in mind these are folk talking about rallying and using this brand in that application: SpecialStage Hot Bits Thread. (http://www.specialstage.com/forum/cgi-bin/DCForumID8/1714.html)

And here's a link to the Canadian distributor: Motorsport Distributing Inc. (http://www.motorsport-dist.com/)

VR4-Quest
10/18/2004, 07:04 AM
All right, need to determine how stiff these Hot Bits shocks are, hopefully the same as OE. I'm a bit disapointed with the Bilstien H1 front I tried, not quite where I would like it. I'm just so reluctant to shell out the money for a new OE shock and have it fail again. How much are these?

Are the 7100 Bilstein resevoir shocks any stiffer than the OE's?

Joe_Black
10/18/2004, 07:16 AM
You'll need to get in touch with the Hot Bits distributor for info regarding OE replacement applications, everything I've heard about them (and you can read in the above links) is from the racing applications. The fact they make a decent racing product though is usually a pretty good endorsement.

As for the 7100 Bilstein, it is not a direct replacement and I'm working on an install kit you would need to take to a machine or fab shop to replace the stock front shock mounts. The 7100 itself is a motorsports shock that's rebuildable, custom valveable and available in coil-over. So you dictate everything about how it's going to suit your application when you select valving, plus the added flexibility if you go coil-over. Definitely not a "plug-n-play" proposition, but one I feel suits the VX better and offers the best long-term value in suspension. Once installed all you would ever do is rebuild as needed and, if using coil-overs, change or adjust the springs to suit your needs.

VR4-Quest
10/20/2004, 10:55 AM
No thats OK, I'll take the racing product, I drive my VX on the street just like my track cars, and like you said, its bound to be better and stiffer anyway, I'll call and report back what I find!

VR4-Quest
10/22/2004, 06:26 AM
Here's some info I found out......need to get feedback from the guy who bought these for his VX.

"Dear Sir
We are Hot Bits Australia and we have a sister company in Malaysia The
part numbers were listed by the Malaysian company , we both produce Hot Bits
products however at this time only the Malaysian factory is producing the 4
WD range as we test all of our product under Australian conditions ( which
are very different ) before release however if your club member is happy
with his purchase and you wish to fit a set of the Malaysian units
we can
bring a set in for you priced @ $ $700 per set of 4"