PDA

View Full Version : cd keeps playing.....

dutchie
10/14/2004, 07:01 AM
Today after a nice drive, I came home, parked the car and turned off the engine. I had the the Bran Van cd playing, and while I reached in the back to get my bag, the music was still pumping out loud...I looked in my hand and yeah there were my keys.:rolleyes:

I started the car and turned it off again, and repeated this five times, but to no avail..Bran Van kept singing "we go shopping",
Just to check if the other "electronics" were possesed too, I pushed the "folding mirror" button(yes the Jap. version comes with electric folding mirrors), they closed halfway, stopped and Bran also stopped....;eekb;

I started the car again and shut it down several times, but the problem didn' t return...

Any ideas what may have caused this?

thedutchguy
10/14/2004, 07:55 AM
your cd-player probably went drinking in LA.;Dy;

dutchie
10/14/2004, 02:26 PM
:D lol

But serious anybody with a clue?

phines
10/14/2004, 03:12 PM
Something similar has happened with mine, but it was the result of a 12-volt splitter I installed for my various accessories. The splitter had some kind of capacitor on it that would keep my stereo running for a few seconds after I turned of the vehicle.

Probalby not the same problem you had though... :noy:
________
Fix ps3 (http://fixps3.info/)

SGT.BATGUANO
10/14/2004, 10:02 PM
I thought I saw a recent post about another runaway radio. That one went away as mysteriously as it appeared. Possibly an ignition switch problem? What kind of electrical accessories have you added?

Simon Templar
10/15/2004, 02:15 PM
It's October.

Your VX is haunted! ;ooo;

....sT

dutchie
10/16/2004, 04:39 AM
Your VX is haunted!

Well that's what my car dealer said too, and he also noted that playing Canadian music might have upset the car...
Good for a giggle, but it didn't really help me, so he advised me to bring the car round when it happens again..we see.

Hey mike, I have an extra cam connected, but never had any problems with that..:(

Simon Templar
10/16/2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by dutchie
Well that's what my car dealer said too, and he also noted that playing Canadian music might have upset the car..........

Don't know about the car, but it is sure upsetting the hell out of us!!!! :p Get rid of that Canadian stuff.

All hail Rock n' Roll, baby!!!

....sT