PDA

View Full Version : turbo kit

MrCrowley
10/13/2004, 01:27 PM
I found a remote mount kit that has some good reviews from Tacoma owners. They sell a universal kit that would seem to be ok. I have wanted to turbo the VX and Trooper for awhile. Maybe now im getting closer. Some of the Tacoma guys run 7psi. Let the flaming begin...

www.ststurbo.com

:mbrasd:

Joe_Black
10/13/2004, 01:32 PM
Cool. Nothing wrong with a turbo for the street folk, I just don't want to kiss my low-end power goodbye. With offroading and rally a turbo is a boat anchor without a manual transmission so you can keep it spooled.

Cyrk
10/13/2004, 01:46 PM
Sweet... I want to add that with the SC!

morgan-tec
10/13/2004, 06:52 PM
The only problem with the remote kits are the slower spool times and where the air intake is. It will add power but i personally preder the traditional turbos. My kit will be traditional and spool like a mad man. Our motors like 5-7psi of boost, they will hold 10-11psi but that will decrease the lifespan of the motor.;Dr;

Hotsauce
10/14/2004, 02:52 AM
With a remote mount like that you'll need a pump to scavange the oil back into the sump. All that long pipe run is going to compressor surge like mad when you lift the throttle, no mater what BOV you use. Also, the delay in time from wehn the MAS reads the ait till the compressed charge actually reaches the engine will need to be factored into the ecu.

John C.

MrCrowley
10/14/2004, 03:54 AM
I was thinking of modifying the kit to mount closer to where the two exhaust halves come together near the transmission to compensate some of the remote mount complaints. maybe add a snorkel intake ala tonbo house style!

MachineVX
10/14/2004, 09:55 AM
So, when are you gonna have the turbo kit ready?

WormGod
10/15/2004, 07:32 AM
Oh dear god! Fitting the air intake UNDER the vehicle? Ok, I can see this working.... for owners who use it on a Sunday driving vehicle or track only vehicle. Try driving this thing through the rain with a very wet road rolling by underneath while that air filter sucks in all the wet goodness.

I question the design of this....

MrCrowley
10/15/2004, 09:51 AM
Some of the pictures on the websight show some track only stupid designs. Look at the Tacoma ones. It shows the filter pulling air from inside the pickup bed wall. almost the same exposure as most stock cars including ours inside the inner front fender. But mounted closer in the front of the VX, it could come out behind or above the front wheel well into a snorkel. This would pull cleaner, cooler air from above the roof of the vehicle and serve as a... well, "snorkel"