PDA

View Full Version : Shifting Out of Park

shoota77
10/13/2004, 09:17 AM
Just a quick question...is anyone else able to shift without having their foot on the brake pedal? I can shift into drive or anything else at any time, even if the car is off. Doesn't seem normal....but hasn't caused any real problems...yet. Going in for the 30K service soon too, anything specific I should ask/look for? Thanks everyone!

Triathlete
10/13/2004, 09:34 AM
When shifting from PARK to any other gear you need to have your foot on the brake. If yours does not require this it is not working correctlt.

Raque Thomas
10/13/2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by shoota77
Going in for the 30K service soon too, anything specific I should ask/look for? Thanks everyone!

Be sure to check your manual for what items need to be done at 30,000 miles - the dealer's typical 30,000 mile service does a lot of things that don't need to be done, and misses several important things that DO need to be done.

I found it better to go in with a list of items I wanted done, rather than ask for their 30K svc + items. That 30K svc is a BIG money maker for the dealers - it will be cheaper if you go in with a list. You can grease your door hinges, ck your wiper blades, etc a lot cheaper than they will.