PDA

View Full Version : Button on the gear select shift

ThunderChicken
10/13/2004, 08:51 AM
Okay guys, I've narrowed it down to the button on the gear shift. It does it when the VX is setting awhile. It's hard as heck to get it to go into gear but once it's done it works great until you park it again and then you have the same problem.

Is it possible that the button is hanging up on something? It just started doing it yesterday.

Triathlete
10/13/2004, 09:12 AM
Are you parked on an incline/decline? Do you use your e-brake? Try that and see if it helps.

shoota77
10/13/2004, 09:14 AM
I have the same problem occasionally when I'm parked on the hill outside my house. I just wiggle it a little then it moves like normal.

Raque Thomas
10/13/2004, 10:08 AM
Do you have the stock gear shift knob? Aftermarket knobs can do this. Also I remember reading about this problem from someone else - they had to make adjustments to the interlock cable I think. Try a search, hopefully it will come up - or maybe someone here remembers that post and can point him in the right direction??

ThunderChicken
10/13/2004, 12:32 PM
Went to town to have it checked by a local mechanic. It appears that it just nneded sprayed with silicone spray, works fine now.