PDA

View Full Version : CF1 John Kim

Tyler
10/12/2004, 06:26 AM
This is just a post to inform everyone about the lastest encounter with Carbon Fiber 1 (John Kim) . I was one of the first to have the insert ship with WRX style scoop. The first insert I received was not of the craftsmenship I was expecting. I forwarded pics of the problem areas to John and he called me to discuss. He agreed that the scoop did have some flaws and remade me a new insert within a matter of days. I received the new insert yesterday and it looks great. John did an excellent job not only with the insert but with his service as well. Because of his dedication in getting this corrected I would recommend doing business with John anytime.

The first insert had some flaws around the outer edge which can be hidden with some black pinstipe tape around the edge or a rubber moulding (which I did). I will put up the original insert for sale on E-bay within a week, or if anyone is interested please let me know.

Again, great job John.

Tyler

WormGod
10/12/2004, 08:01 AM
The few flaws in mine still allowed me to use it as is. People who see it never point out the flaws unless I show them, so that is good enough for me. I appreciate the work they have done and hope to work with then on future projects. I am still awaiting the a-pillar gauge unit am "trying" to maintain some patience. Been a LONG wait and with winter approaching fast this year, I can only hope I get my hands on it before the cold sets in for good.

Kudos guys!

Dallas4u
10/12/2004, 08:45 AM
Nothing against John or CF1, but I'm wondering why he would send out a "flawed" scooped insert in the first place, then replace it with one that was better? I mean, why ship one in the first place if it is flawed when you know you can make a better one and won't lose money shipping two for the price of one?

Just wondering. I'm sure his product is of fine quality... well, at least the second time around! ;)

Tyler
10/12/2004, 10:14 AM
Dallas4u,
I wondered the same thing, and you are a 100% correct. I can only assume since it was a new product all the bugs werent worked out and being weeks late sent out a flawed product. Its no excuse, but being from manufacturing I can see it happening. Nevertheless he did take care of my concerns in a timely fashion and I commend him for that.

Tyler

Dallas4u
10/12/2004, 10:19 AM
Hey... all the better for you! Maybe you can come out of it close to even-Steven? I'm sure you will get a decent price for the original insert.

VXMAN
10/12/2004, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tyler
This is just a post to inform everyone about the lastest encounter with Carbon Fiber 1 (John Kim) . I was one of the first to have the insert ship with WRX style scoop.

Really, you were one of the 1st? Funny, I don't Ever remember seeing your name on the list? http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3393&perpage=15&highlight=insert&pagenumber=10

I was the 1st to post, I was happy with my insert, but I believe I was the 5th person to get the WRX style (Hotsauce was still waiting for his) , and the 1st to be happy with the quality! I'm just curious, when did you get your insert?

Dave...

Tyler
10/12/2004, 11:50 AM
Dave,

Mine was shipped July 23rd. I ordered mine after I saw a picture (maybe yours) on this site and contacted CB1 outside of this site. I was informed by Jacob that mine was in the first run and that was due to them shipping a month late. If I was given the wrong information that my insert was not one in the first run then I apologize. CB1 has received some bad press (me included) and I just wanted to pass on to fellow VXers that the products CB1 are producing are now of good quality. After reading some posts some may have not purchased there products and wanted to give my side.

I'm glad yours turned out well also. The insert makes a very nice complemetary addition to our vehicles.

Tyler

nyc #1 ironman
10/12/2004, 01:13 PM
Pics, Pics, Pics???

kpaske
10/12/2004, 01:30 PM
When you say, "flaws", what are we talking about - cosmetic flaws in the CF, or flaws in the shape of the insert? If the entire insert were painted, would that hide the imperfections?

Tyler
10/12/2004, 01:45 PM
I'm a noobee, if someone can give me some direction i'll post some pics. But the flaws were not in the shape of the hood, or the c/f. The edges of the insert where the scoop was and the drivers side "lip" that met around the hood didnt meet my expectations. Like Wormgod, if I didnt point them out, people didnt notice (but I knew they were there). I had a push on moulding I ordered thru McMaster Carr that hid it but wasnt the look I wanted, I personally wouldnt paint, but it could be.......if I could only fiqure out how to do these pics......stupid computer!!!

MZ-N10
10/12/2004, 04:18 PM
so ur selling ur original hood insert...the plastic one or the cf with flaws?
________
bald ***** Cam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/shaved/)

Tyler
10/13/2004, 06:30 AM
Selling the first C/F one. If anyone is interested, please e-mail me at lakint@kwik-wall.com and i'll forward some pics thru my e-mail.

Tyler