PDA

View Full Version : some history ironman

dkmiller68
10/07/2004, 06:21 PM
http://www.autoworld.com/news/Isuzu/Ironman.htm

Will try to find who was awarded this/these VXs.

Triathlete
10/08/2004, 11:59 AM
For past results of Ironman races you can check HERE (http://www.ironmanlive.com) .
That article is a bit misleasing though. The vehicles were not given to the winners...they recieved a 1 year free lease if I remember correctly. Plus the Vehicross was only "given" one year. The following year it was a Axiom then the big wigs pulled the plug and backed out of the sponsorship the year after.

By the way the winners were...
Luc Van Lierde (Bel)
Lori Bowden (Can)

Peter Reid (Can)
Natascha Badmann (Swi)

Tim Beboom (USA)
Natascha Badmann (Swi)
;Dy;

dkmiller68
10/10/2004, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the info...so far I have found out that the winners didn't receive VXs; but that the prize(s) were given to someone deserving of the "go further" title. As of today, I've had 1 rejection letter from the Ironman Triathalon organization but have been reffered to someone else. If anything changes, I'll post again.

ocwiley
10/12/2004, 02:21 AM
If I remember right I thought Isuzu started the sponsor in oct. 1998 introducing the vx at the ironman. and peter reid won it that year! However i could be mistaken and if the sponsorship started in 1999 that would explain the look i get from peter the last couple of years when i pass him on alii dr. in my vx. he is usually running with someone and as i pass, he takes notice and says something to his partner, i can only guess at what, maybe something like.......
I almost had one of those but Luc beat me out!
and that's why i hooked up with lori bowden (winner of 99).........maybe?
If i see him at the expo i'll have to ask!
aloha,
ocwiley

Triathlete
10/12/2004, 08:55 AM
Peter is no longer married to Lori. I named my dog Luc that year after Luc Van Lierde. Peter is in Hawaii now...been there training for about a month and preparing for this weekends Ironman World Championships (hopefully I'll be there next year). Peter used to train with us down (up?) here in Tucson in the spring. In his eary days he used to rent a room from my training partner and would join us on our runs. ;Dy;