PDA

View Full Version : funny observation...

azskyrider
10/05/2004, 04:35 PM
A buddy of mine now works in the country United of Emirates. He has been working there for a few years now and there are surprising and funny events. I am sure we all have our stories but I thought this was one for the books.

OPERATIONAL FLIGHT DELAY SUMMARY :
- EK105 was delayed from DXB by 63 minutes, due to difficulties loading a Lamborghini automobile. There was also difficulty offloading it in ATH, which led to a 19 minute delay on EK106 out of ATH.

- EK843 returned to stand to offload a lady, who had fainted. She was in a party of 8 and 3 of the party came off. Total delay was 41 minutes.

- EK524 had to hold for almost an hour over HYD, as the airport runway lights had failed. The flight arrived 56 minutes late. EK525 departed 40 mins late.

He recieved a new revision to the Employee Handbook regarding Annual Leave tickets home:

"Where more than one spouse exists, the Annual Leave Ticket will be provided only to the spouse who is nominated by the employee.":D

In that country it is common to have more than one wife.;eeko;

Heraclid
10/05/2004, 04:40 PM
LOL! But on a serious note, tell him to be safe, even in the UAE. I don't want to see any videotapes of the guy, if you know what I mean.

azskyrider
10/05/2004, 04:42 PM
If you want to see Donald Trump be put to shame you should see the Sultans private Boeing 747, wifes A340 or sons B767 jet. It is heavier than regular passenger carrying aircraft. Why? GOLD!;puke:

azskyrider
10/05/2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Heraclid
LOL! But on a serious note, tell him to be safe, even in the UAE. I don't want to see any videotapes of the guy, if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean. I have told him many times before. I was tempted to work out there but said it wasn't worth it. It is just amazing what money can do to that land. They pay a lot for salaries for foreign workers. It is just crazy. When the oil runs out it will all be a ghost town. Right now they are building a manmade Island out on the water and in a shape of a palm tree! On this land will live only the very elite with a self sufficient community away from the common folks.

It is just amazing. The inside pics I get from over there is just amazing.

Joe_Black
10/05/2004, 06:31 PM
There's always 6 and 12-month gigs in Antarctica. Pretty laid back place with little to worry about in the "security" area. Tad chilly at times though! ;eekb;

kpaske
10/06/2004, 05:22 AM
I thought that those palm islands (i believe there are two of them) were being built as vacation resorts for the rich Arabs and foreignors? It seems like a smart idea to do something for their economy because you are right - when the oil runs out (or us westerners come to our senses and start using alternate energy sources), they better have something planned to keep their economy alive.