PDA

View Full Version : K&N air filters

Heraclid
10/04/2004, 06:25 PM
Well, I was skeptical and it took a while, but I finally went out and got a K&N air filter and dropped it in this afternoon. I have not modified the stock intake in any way but did notice a nice difference nonetheless. There is a little less lag than before, most noticeably at the low end. It seems to not have to work quite as hard and the power comes on smoother. It doesn't make a huge difference, but it's nice and has certainly made the VX a bit more fun to drive. So it's definitely worth it in my book. I know it's not a cheap air filter, but I wanted to toss in my endorsement because I'm definitely happy with the purchase.

By the way, the VX uses K&N air filter #33-2064.

OZ VX
10/04/2004, 08:31 PM
I have put one in as well. I put it in the week I bought the car so I couldn't tell the difference, but I do know that it pulls very hard. I have even suprised some of the V8's, by just being able to keep up.

By the way the JDM Model uses the same part as the Australian Holden Jackaroo.

MrCrowley
10/05/2004, 09:33 AM
Ditto here in the US. Mine was actually bought for me Jackaroo (Trooper) and after I "upgraded" with the addition of the VX, I just swapped the filters! I just switch the filter depending on what I drive. Cheap! By the way, I wonder why the VX in OZ didnt get a catchy name like most other cars. I know the old Subaru Brat was known as a "Brumby" waaaaay to English sounding to me! Jackaroos, Brumbys, Commodores, I cant remember anymore at the moment but there are some good ones.

The Japanese have some horrible names. I guess they lose meaning after translation. Big Horn, D-Bone, Etc.

OZ VX
10/05/2004, 06:43 PM
The Vehicross wasn't sold in australia, I had to get mine privately imported from japan (someone else done it for me), and I think that only 25 could be brought in, in 1 year. And I have not seen another VX in the flesh ever anywhere.

At the end of the year our government is stopping people importing SUV's all together. I think the only way then would be that you would have to own and register that car in your name in japan for 12 months before you could bring it in. Our government is really starting to get tough on importing cars. But over in NZ they can bring in whatever they want.

and your Pontiac GTO is our Monaro, which is a 2 door version of the Holden Commodore, http://www.holden.com.au//images/commodore/executive/overview/img_SidePanel.gif