PDA

View Full Version : Q: VX owners in 5 years?

azskyrider
10/03/2004, 07:58 AM
Question: I know there are die hard VX owners here but I will like to pose this thought for what might be 5 years from now.

When the mileage gets high and the VX is just either no longer reliable, parts to hard to find, mileage to high or just won’t pass emissions then what will you do?

Some might trade it in and get hardly nothing, pay more than it is worth to put in a new engine, steering, suspension, tranny, TOD, because as the miles get high more parts needs refurbishing. Will members just move on and only the few remain? There are only just a limited amount of VXs. I noticed that for other vehicle owners the manufacturers are still selling new models. These die hard happy owners just end up buying the latest model but remain in the family. As each year goes by will fewer and fewer VX’s be showing up at MOAB? Meets? Car shows? Until finally only a few will just be put out to the garage pasture for keep sake? I guess if Isuzu would come out with a new VX then all this will be irrelevant.

Just a thought…

xiaoz
10/03/2004, 10:47 AM
I'm hoping one day ISUZU can roll out the VX4, then we'll all be ok.

xiaoz

Green Dragon
10/03/2004, 11:19 AM
Actually most of the drive train is based on the Trooper, therefore most parts both new & used should be available.

Bob F

Joe_Black
10/03/2004, 06:05 PM
Parts will likely be plentiful as few realize the scope of Isuzu's production and prevalence in the world market. Now there may some issue with cosmetic parts that are VX specific, but take a look at cars that are still out there such as the DeLorean. People start making things when there's a market.

So in 5 years I'll still be a VX owner, hopefully by that time with one of each color. Only 5 more to go! ;Do;

MachineVX
10/04/2004, 06:19 AM
I'm planning on keeping the VX as a daily driver for a long, long time. And when the motor goes, maybe then I can get that Axiom direct injection motor . . .

gcruzer1
10/04/2004, 07:10 AM
Isuzu's contribution to the hybrid Sportscar/Truck industry was and still is a monumental feat considering the popularity of such a limited run model. Because of GM's buy out of Isuzu USA, the VX was one of the projects that shortsighted and uninterested Detroit CEO's didn't care to continue to support, unfortunately. I, for one, am and will remaing faithful to my vehicle and when the time comes modifications, parts replacements, and personal automotive individualism will be sufficient to satisfy the desire to maintain our VX's driving. A few weeks ago at a Buick/Kia/Isuzu dealer one of the sales reps (very knowlodgable and Isuzu product friendly) stated that Isuzu had recently bought back it's production/sovoureignty from GM and refered to their acknowledgement of the VX's popularity and current marketable segment since it's inception. I haven't researched any of these statements myself but we being the choir, maybe someone can pull strings and inquire futher. Just a thought.

P.S. Love My VehiCross!!!!

Tone
10/04/2004, 10:35 AM
VX will still be in my stable with my daughter driving it. Cayenne will replace it as my daily driver / Moab vehicle unless something more capable and faster comes along but it is the only successor to the VX that offers the best of both worlds as the VX does. Used twin turbo units are avial for around $60K and will continue to drop.

Randy
10/04/2004, 01:22 PM
Approaching 170k miles now and love my VX! I'm probably going to look for another one soon and move this one to New Mexico, where we are soon building a new home. Then I'll never be without my VX.