PDA

View Full Version : monitor mounting

spitfire5454
10/02/2004, 02:03 PM
Ive built an overhead console to house a 7.2 inch monitor (which fits perfectly between the sunvisors :) ) Can anyone come up with any ways to mount this thing with out doing anything permanant, like screwing into the headliner. I get sick to my stomach just thinking about it. I guesss more importantly, if i put 2 screws in headliner, and then decide to take them out, can they be repaired? Thanks

Brian

Mile High EDGe
10/02/2004, 07:29 PM
You can maybe take the mirror of the rear view mirror arm and use that.

SPAZZ
10/02/2004, 07:58 PM
I once screwed a cb init in the same place where you are wanting to mount your screen. I bought a cb unit to use at Moab and screwed it in( 4 very small screw holes). Went to MOab...cb worked fine, Moab over, returned cb.
then had those ugly little screw holes....I'm sure you could improve how they looked, but they were still there.

I have learned to ignore them, but Everyone that gets in my VX or looks inside asks about them......aggggg... I am thinking about finding leather same or similar color and lining it.

azskyrider
10/03/2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by SPAZZ
I Went to MOab...cb worked fine, Moab over, returned cb.

Why did you not keep it?

spitfire5454
10/03/2004, 04:33 PM
Well ifinally just screwed it in. I found some plastic plugs at auto zone that can be used to plug the hoes if i ever take it out. My VX already has two from the factory above the back seat. It looks great! Ill post pics when i can