PDA

View Full Version : Need advice

vxkween
09/28/2004, 06:41 AM
Just had an Infinity receiver/CD installed with 4 Infinity speakers and Infinitys' top of the line amp...about 2 weeks ago.

Got ready to head to work this am and the battery was almost drained...thinking about adding some more audio goodies and needed some input on whether I need to upgrade the battery or the alternator?

Any suggestions would be welcomed

Joe_Black
09/28/2004, 06:51 AM
Sounds like either a charging or battery problem as 1 amplifier, especially a newer one, shouldn't be that power hungry. If you've got an OEM battery they're notorious for not lasting more than a year or so, but be sure to stop by an AutoZone or similar for a free check of your alternator output. If it turns out to be the battery, replace with an Optima Red or Yellow top. They're the Uber Battery! ;Do;

vxkween
09/28/2004, 06:53 AM
Thanks...I love you guys so quick the tips!

Dallas4u
09/28/2004, 08:28 AM
Could possibly be an audio install problem, maybe, possibly? If everything was working ok lastnight, and the battery seemed almost gone this morning, something could be putting a small, constant drain on the battery... even when the car is off. There is a wire from the head unit that needs to attach to a power source to keep all its presets "held" in memory. If that or another wire is wired incorrectly to your power source it could just pull energy from the battery as the car is sitting overnight.

vxkween
09/28/2004, 08:55 AM
We've been back to the installer twice already with other issues so I am quick to blame them for this....but I went to AutoZone and had the battery tested and that seems to be the problem...as advised I got an Optima Red Top so no woriies hopefully