PDA

View Full Version : VX Concepts UPDATE...

ron
09/23/2004, 10:32 PM
Just to let you all know that I may be jobless by next week. Won't officially be confirmed til Monday or Tues. If this is to happen, I am considering focusing on the VXC business full time in order to make money to pay for the mortgage and diapers.

With all the extra time, I'll be able to turn around parts in quicker lead times as well as finish the prototypes and get newer products out in the market sooner than later. Currently, I have about 6 new projects/products that are pending and will come to reality if my full-time employment turns for the worst. I'd probably start releasing newer items as soon as October if that was the case. I've also got another 7 potential projects that are being considered and will follow into prototyping afterwards.

As much as I don't want, I'm considering selling my still new offroad 16x8 set. The wheels are Pro-Line (from Pep Boys) that were originally purchased used and were black powdercoated at my "maybe" ex-work. The tires are Bridgestone Dueller Revos and have only about a little over a thousand miles on them at the most and were taken on a dirt trail once never peeled out or burned rubber. These wheels are taken care of much like my ex- Borbets and are in great condition.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/37blk1.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/37blk2.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/37blk3.jpg

However, if I don't end up being jobless, then I'll hold onto the wheels. I just want to get any feedback if anyone would be interested in taking them. Right now, they're sitting in my garage waiting for its fate. My price would be $500 plus shipping.

If I end up finding another job within the future, I'll pick up another exact set for the offroad excursions as I really love this combo. But, for now, I must consider ALL my options.

Please post any interests if I decide to sell. Thanks.

azskyrider
09/23/2004, 10:59 PM
Sweet looking VX Ron. I hope things get better. I know the feeling.
Cheers

MachineVX
09/24/2004, 04:03 AM
I bought shift plates from Ron, and I can vouch for the fact that the quality is excellent.

I would definitely purchase other things from Ron in the future, like *hint* clear lenses.

Hoope things work out.

tomdietrying
09/24/2004, 06:12 AM
Ron,
Sorry to hear the news. I wish you the best in your old job or your new one.
Peace.
Tom

Vasha13
09/24/2004, 06:48 AM
Ron, sent you an email about the tires. Hopefully, it won't come to that. :(

WormGod
09/24/2004, 07:27 AM
Ya Ron, get them clear side markers ready and I will help ya with that mortgage. ;)

Deathbyarchitect
09/24/2004, 07:42 AM
I'm interested in your tire and wheel package....
Let me know when you need to part from them

Dallas4u
09/24/2004, 08:23 AM
Good luck with the job stuff Ron... I know what it's like to be jobless for an extended period of time (past) and it ain't fun.

By the way, I'm not going to say how crazy low that price is on the wheels/tires but... JEEZ!!! I would seriously consider buying those if I had my VX! Damn, too many nice, cheap things have come up for sale since it left me!

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Kahuna
09/24/2004, 08:31 AM
That's bitter-sweet news. Good for us that LOVE your products but ....maybe bad for you. Everything always has a way of working out in the end.

Anyhow, can wait till you finish your clear turn signal markers. I call shotgun...well, first in line when your ready to put them to market. If you ever need me for a TEST VX on a consumer level, give me a buzz!!!!!

The Big Kahuna

marcosv6
09/24/2004, 09:03 AM
Hope everything works out for the best. I'm very interested in your tire/wheel package.

I'm a couple hours north of you on Rt.101 (Willits). I'd pick up so no shipping hassle, etc.

Don

ron
09/29/2004, 05:23 PM
Just letting all know that I managed to dodge the ax and the company wants to hold onto me...for now. So, I apologize and thank those who have expressed interest in the wheels that I thought would have to sell had the news been the opposite. Although, I am still keeping my options open and currently in search for a better company to join as I'm not sure how much longer this company will stay afloat.

In the mean time, I'm finishing up 2 skidplate orders this week and will be working on another 3 more next week. Along with the current orders, I will be finishing up the final molds for 2 versions of the fang extenders, side clear lenses and the rear skidplate prototype mold to be machined by next week.

I've got more goodies that I have on the burners just itching to be revealed that I'm really excited about and hope to have those out before X-mas. I'll be keeping you posted along with updating the website (finally!). Thanks again for the support and reassurance.

rainee25
09/30/2004, 03:03 AM
Don't forget my shift plate covers!!!!!! I'm just excited to get them!!!

Glad to here the job thing is ok for now. Good luck!

Rainee

Vasha13
09/30/2004, 06:01 AM
Glad to hear about your job! We'll still keep our fingers crossed for you just in case.;py;

johnnyapollo
09/30/2004, 07:52 AM
You can count me in on the rear skid plate.

-- John

Anita
09/30/2004, 09:20 AM
I'll be sending my matts to you this weekend.

Kahuna
09/30/2004, 09:26 PM
Ron...your the man!!

Can't wait till the side markers are done. I've pitch my tent, so I'll be the first in line. At out SD meet, we spoke about possibly doing some side (door), skidplates. Any chance in the near future?

Mile High EDGe
09/30/2004, 09:40 PM
How about some CF cup holders for each door? Or has that been done yet

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/02/2004, 12:18 PM
Just thought I would post the pic from my gallery with Ron's shifter plates that I ordered in "Recarro Red". I'm very happy with how they look! Thanks Ron!!!!!!!!

MachineVX
10/13/2004, 11:04 AM
What kind-of paint did you use to paint the console (by the power/ winter buttons)?

nyc #1 ironman
10/13/2004, 11:23 AM
Wow, that looks great bro...

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/14/2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by MachineVX
What kind-of paint did you use to paint the console (by the power/ winter buttons)?

I bought two colors...black "rubberized" spray-paint and red
"rubberized" spray-paint from "Lowes" and tried them out on my aftermarket shifter as I wanted a rubber "grip" on the shifter as opposed to the feel of regular paint, plus I didn't like the original red on shifter as it was more a maroon color.

I later got brave and used the red "rubberized" paint on my dash trim and around the power/winter buttons on shifter console and around the mirror controls/defroster buttons. All of these switches and buttons are easily removed after disconnecting wiring harnesses. Just be sure to wash any parts before painting to remove dust and contaminents such as armor all...etc...

I also recommend the "blue" masking tape for masking off areas as it sticks pretty good but doesn't leave any glue behind once you remove it. Also let the paint thoroughly dry before pulling tape and run a razor blade along the masking tape prior to removing it as the rubber paint has a habit of hanging onto the masking tape with tenacity! I've been really happy with how it turned out and am glad I went through with it!

Originally posted by nyc #1 ironman
Wow, that looks great bro...

Thanks a bunch!

Yefim
10/15/2004, 06:46 AM
That does looks AWESOME!! Great job. And thanks for the details!

Anita
10/15/2004, 02:45 PM
Ron,

I finally sent the floormats to you today. Priority mail.. should get to you beginning of next week.

Cant wait to see them in my VX!

ron
11/23/2004, 08:49 PM
Just an update on VXC...

I'm currently finishing up 5 skidplates and a VX floormat order to prepaid owners that I'd like to have completed by early Dec. During which I will be pushing to get the rear skidplate into final production around that time to be released by Dec/Jan. I'm also going to be releasing the following products as well:

-2 versions of the hood fang extenders (original and new)

-6 different grill kit designs offered in stainless steel, painted plastic, and possibly aluminum.

-front side fender clear lens set

The next batch of products will follow include:

-side skid plates

-entire center console w/ 2 cupholders

-chrome /black chrome mirror covers

-possible clear rear tail lights

-chrome and black chrome will be offered for any of the skidplates and/or other accessories. I have a contact that can and will chrome/black chrome over plastic surfaces with success.

-possibly re-creating left and right OEM jap. VX fender mirrror

My current job situation is day by day which has been stressful to say the least. Not sure what the outcome will result towards the end of this year or beg. of next. But, I'm keeping my options open regarding what potential products that I can make available to the public should the future sway one way or the next.

Anyway onward.

Anita
11/23/2004, 09:53 PM
Can't wait to see the new goodies! ;Db;

WormGod
11/24/2004, 08:15 AM
Wewt! Clear front side markers! Double wewt! Just say when man. I'll have $$ at ya ASAP!

J La
11/28/2004, 09:52 PM
I triple the Wewt's!!! I look forward to all the new (and improved) goodies. Keep up the great work.

VCrossfan
11/28/2004, 10:37 PM
Sounds Great Ron, and good luck

Cyrk
11/29/2004, 12:00 PM
Looking forward to it Ron keep up the good work! Me and my VX appreciated it. Any idea how much the rear plate might go for?

-Dave

Maugan_VX
11/29/2004, 01:54 PM
I don't usually indulge myself in the superfluous accessories crowd, but I'd be curious if you produced the jap fender mirror. For the right $ I might snag one, especially after my experiences on I95 coming home after turkey day.

Dallas4u
11/29/2004, 02:24 PM
Hey Tad, just FYI... the Japanese OEM fender mirror actually points towards the ground (http://club.vmag.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/000495.html) to see the curb for parking. I'm sure if Ron (or someone) that produced the mirror from scratch (or something like it) could make it work as an actual rear view mirror.

Maugan_VX
11/29/2004, 02:32 PM
I just need something for the blind spots. I'm finding myself having trouble moving from the house of glass (trooper) to the huge B-pillar in the VX. Cut off a few people unintentionally yesterday and I think some better rear visibility would help.

Thanks for the info though!

kpaske
11/29/2004, 07:09 PM
Maugan_VX -

A simple 2" round blind spot mirror on each side view mirror does wonders. It takes a little while to get used to glancing at both the big mirror AND the small one, but you'd be amazed at how it fills in that gap.

Raque Thomas
11/29/2004, 07:19 PM
Maugan VX - I bought some blind spot mirros at Pep Boys that are actually designed to fit on the mirror mounts of GMC trucks so that they can see up and down better (as oppossed to our problem of side to side). When installed sideways on the outside corner of the mirror glass, they offer a two-fold benefit - you can see the blind spot in the next lane PERFECTLY (I don't even have to turn my head for lane changes anymore!), and you can also see the ground right next to the car, which is a big help when backing out of a parking space with a curb next to it - no more worrying about curbing your tires/wheels. I'll get the part number the next time I'm at Pep Boys and post.

Raque Thomas
11/29/2004, 07:22 PM
Hey Ron - an item I'd like to see is a passenger side air bag cover like the VX4. It was silver with the raised ribs like on our doors.

Dallas4u
11/29/2004, 09:57 PM
Yeah... not to take away possible parts from Ron, but the stick-on mirrors work wonders. I actually found myself looking for the little stick-on mirrors when driving other autos... you end up using them that much.