PDA

View Full Version : Engine Swaps

MachineVX
09/22/2004, 10:57 AM
There's a couple threads about engine swaps floating around, so I thought I'd create this one to see what people have done or would like to do or are in the process of doing.

I'd like to swap out the current 3.5 for the direct injection 3.5

Now, if I can get the wife on board . . .

Cyrk
09/22/2004, 11:02 AM
Me too... Me too... When the VX was in the shop I got a 04 rodeo with that motor and it was MUCH faster, did not get a chance to run it against the SC VX but boy did it smoke my wifes 03 rodeo.

Tone
09/22/2004, 11:21 AM
Great project and certainly easier than the others going on but...

You will need a new wiring harness - hopefull includes drive-by-wire
New ECU
Electronics of 4L30E are different on that motor but bolt pattern is the same
Lots of cash to do this unless wrecked unit and harness is quite long and run in difficult areas - through drivers side fender and other tight areas.

StormTROOPER
09/22/2004, 12:43 PM
DREAM SWAP....Porche Cayanne engine along with the convertable-adjustable suspension.:snooz:

azskyrider
09/22/2004, 12:44 PM
Tone,

Do you think the new ECU for the tranny will not cope with the VX TOD? Or would a complete Engine,TOD, and Tranny from a new donor be a better bolt on?

Tone
09/22/2004, 01:05 PM
TOD should be ok as I’m not aware of any changes there - uncharted territory. If you have LOTS of time and money, by all means go for it. See how long Coach Reed has been working on his and the guy in Canada is still just talking about it...

coachreed
09/22/2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Tone
See how long Coach Reed has been working on his and the guy in Canada is still just talking about it...

Yeah... LS1 going in... not an easy swap... but if I can do it, any monkey can! lol I just uploaded a few pictures to my gallery... top view, side view, and one of the underside (T-case and Tranny)... its been an adventure... in hind-site, there are plenty of things I would do differently (not gonna get into that right here/now) but I wouldn't change my decision... Its gonna be a blast!

TTYL!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!