PDA

View Full Version : Passenger seat slider extn

PeteVX
09/21/2004, 06:50 AM
OK, so i love my VX, just got divorced (i kept the VX and the dog so it's OK) no longer have the family vehicle, cant afford to buy or rent another and my parents are coming to visit in 8 days time, I have to carry me, my 2 1/2 year old son, 2 parents and big dog!!!

I can do it, really I can, but my folks are going to have a hard time climbing in the back, I know Tone used to sell seat sliders that would allow the passenger seat to slide further forward but i dont think he does them anymore.

Anyone have a set to sell or have pictures /specs so i could make some?

Thanks guys!

Pete

Tone
09/21/2004, 08:09 AM
Sent you an email - I can still make them in 4” or 2.5” extension versions.

LukeVX
09/21/2004, 01:25 PM
Tone,

How much do you charge for the 4" version? Thanks!

Luke

I_Wanna_Retire
09/21/2004, 02:47 PM
Tone, depending on cost, I would be interested in one (or three) also.

videoboy
09/21/2004, 02:50 PM
i'll take a 4" version

stephen
nashville,tn

Tone
09/21/2004, 02:56 PM
Wow, I had no idea there was still interest. $89 delivered in the Continental US - includes Grade 8 hardware. Email me if interested and I can send you a Paypal request for payment or you can just Paypal the funds. They will be ready to ship out mid to late next week.

Medman
09/21/2004, 07:01 PM
Count me in for a set of the 4" extenders too!

Thanks Tone

Kahuna
09/21/2004, 11:09 PM
Hey Tone,

You know what.......maybe it's time I get a set. Let me talk to the wife and see if she'll extend my allowance...and if so, I'll paypal you by Friday

LukeVX
09/22/2004, 06:43 AM
Tone,

Does the 4” seat fold extender change the way the seat sits now? Is it higher or more forward? I really like the way the seats sit now and I don’t want anything to change. If not I will be very interested. Also, are the install instructions with the kit? Do I have to buy anything extra? Thanks!

Luke
Evansville, IN

Deathbyarchitect
09/22/2004, 08:34 AM
I want 4" one too.

V-Twin hiCROSS
09/22/2004, 09:12 AM
I did not even know that these were available. I would like a set of the 4" if they look good. Does anyone have a picture of the 4" installed?
Thanks,
Neal

Cyrk
09/22/2004, 09:56 AM
I have them installed and LOVE them, makes my son SO much easier to get him in his car seat! and you can get in and out with out crushing dem nutz!

The only complaint that I have heard is that the set height is tad higher and your knees are closer to the dash... but I have had 6 foot and taller people ride shotgun with no problems.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/39seat.jpg

-Dave

Tone
09/23/2004, 09:14 PM
Double WOW - only one order for these - not sure if I should continue to make them or not?

videoboy
09/23/2004, 09:47 PM
sorry...just now caught up on this thread...

i'm in the middle of being paypal "verified", which should take a couple of days, then i will paypal you the $$

89 is for rhe set correct ?and i'm assuming that you have to put one on each seat or the heights will be different ?

thanks,

stephen

Tone
09/24/2004, 06:39 AM
$89 is for the set of 2 to do the passenger seat- let me know when paypal clears. I have never tried them on the drivers seat and I believe it is a different bolt pattern.

Maugan_VX
09/24/2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Cyrk

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/39seat.jpg

Yeah thats where my CD Book sits too :)

heh

Tone
09/24/2004, 08:12 PM
Still NO paid orders - I’ve sent out 5 paypal payment requests and gotten ZERO responses - what gives?

Deathbyarchitect
09/24/2004, 11:45 PM
sent your momey.....^^ instruction comes with them right? or just too simple to have one?

omegavx
09/25/2004, 04:44 AM
Posted this awhile back, the install is very easy. Just so you know, mine have a lower grade bolt then what tone is providing. He is provinding grade 8 which is alot better then what I have and is equivalent to whats in our trucks anyway. I also believe he made his out of thicker, better quality materials. Took me like 15 minutes to "uninstall" mine and it took dutchie like 20 minutes to install his.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4042&highlight=extender

dutchie
09/25/2004, 05:44 AM
it took dutchie like 20 minutes to install his

Yep and I've got two left hands, two right feet and a wandering eye. Serious it's a piece of cake, but I recommend you to put something between the brackets and the seat like small pieces of rubber. The squeeking sound drives me insane sometimes:D

cool stuff is only one click away (http://homepage3.nifty.com/vehi/shopping15/shopping15.htm)

I_Wanna_Retire
09/25/2004, 06:06 AM
Patience Tone, needed to check with the boyz to see if they were interested. My order most likely tomorrow.

ameetw
09/25/2004, 09:53 PM
Hi dutchie,
You places the seat extenders on the driver side or the passenger side on your Japanese Vx?

Thanks

Ameet

dutchie
09/25/2004, 09:58 PM
Hi Ameetw:) , long time no speak, how's life over there in your beautiful country?
To answer your question, the passenger side, so it's easier to get the baby in.....well that was the idea...
Did I know that you have to put the babyseat rearfaced in the car in the baby's first year..
Besides that little thing, the rails are a great addition and highly recommendable, except if your passenger is taller than 1.80m or has a body built like a ostrich(loooong legs), cause you lose space up front.

Dutchie

cool stuff is only one click away (http://homepage3.nifty.com/vehi/shopping15/shopping15.htm)

PeteVX
09/27/2004, 09:17 AM
Dutchie,

Out of interest, facing the same problem of getting the youngster into a car seat in the back and then worrying about quick access to the back in the event of an accident, i went the route of contacting the NHTSA (national highway traffic safety administration) for approval to install an airbag disconnect switch.

Once i had approval i ordered an airbag disconnect switch ($199)which is key operated with status indicator lights on and must be installed in the drivers line of sight. Installation was easy just had to crimp new connectors onto the two wires running to the airbag then plug in the disconnect.

My kid now rides up front secured in his child seat safely and legally and its soooo much easier to get him in and out.

Seat extenders are still a great idea for general rear seat access though.

Pete

dutchie
09/27/2004, 02:48 PM
Hi Pete,

Yeah I'd been thinking about that solution, but it means that the missus has to go in the back :(
Sometimes when the baby cries, I just bless the fact that he sits in the back with his rear to me....;) , an aboard camera, connected to my indash monitor, helps me to keep an eye on him.

Deathbyarchitect
09/27/2004, 10:08 PM
Tone,

I sent you a pay-pal last Friday after I got your pay-pal request.
today I got your e-mail stating that you cancelled the pay-pal request.
what's going on? any explaination?:confused: :confused:

Tone
09/28/2004, 06:40 AM
I cancelled several as the requests for payment were instead funded by separate paypal transactions and left those as open, non-responded to requests. I could have let them expire (and you would have gotten an email then too) but needed to clean up the file so I could make sure I took care of everyone by the date they paid. You are on the list.

Deathbyarchitect
09/28/2004, 06:50 AM
Tone,

Thanks for a very clear explaination. :)

WormGod
09/28/2004, 07:25 AM
Tone, you arent going to stop selling these anytime soon are you? I would love to grab some now, but I am set to move this weekend and probably wont be able to order any for at least a few weeks. Really would like to add this to "Tone's List of Mods in My VX", hahaha.

ameetw
09/28/2004, 04:22 PM
Hi Dutchie.... true...true... long time no speak. How are you and your family? I do hope all is well. As for myself still alive.... :). Send my regards to Naoki. Everytime I visit his site, I feel sad.... I WANT IT ALL!!!!! any good lottery numbers??? :D

The only sad part is that for the past 2 months I can't drive the Vx on the road because I tendered a special no. and like always in Malaysia, (Slow) wait.... and it costs a bomb!!!! ah, but at night it's a different story. :D

Anyway about the seat extenders in your Vx,

Tone said - "$89 is for the set of 2 to do the passenger seat- let me know when paypal clears. I have never tried them on the drivers seat and I believe it is a different bolt pattern."

Basically his passenger side is our driver side. was there any complications or was it lego? Oh yes, did you get the 4" version... Malaysians in general are quite short. The average girl is about 5' 2" and the guys, about 5' 7".

I really don't want to disturb the driver side. I already slide the whole seat all the way to the back.

Hi Tone,
Do you accept CC? If all goes well, looks like I want a set too.

Thanks all.

Ameet

Jungalbutt
09/30/2004, 12:48 PM
count me in. i need a set of 4" too. i just got my VX and it took me a few minutes to realize ..i couldnt get in the back seat. i stood there scratching my head thinking..this cant be right....maybe i'm missing a lever or something.. so if you forward that paypal info it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Tone
09/30/2004, 06:42 PM
I should be able to offer these as long as there is demand but I do not stock them so it could take a week or so. Currently, due to the high demand it will probably be after oct 15th before I can ship all the sets - they will ship out in the order payments were received and the ones who paid right after the post will be shipped next week. Thanks for your patience.

Deathbyarchitect
10/09/2004, 01:38 PM
I received your seat extender today and tried to install them.
right after I un-bolted my passenger seat, I found out front bolt holes-which connect to seat- of your seat extender does not line up with ones in the rail. :confused:
also both front lips of your seat extender are about 3/8" too long (holes are 3/8" too low). :( :( so please let me know how are you gonna rectify this problem.

UtahVXer
10/09/2004, 05:26 PM
Mine went right in. Fit perfect. An absolute must-have mod for anyone who uses their rear seats. There is still plenty of leg room up front. We keep a child seat in the back. Highly recommended. Thanks Tone.

Tone
10/19/2004, 10:32 AM
Checked with the fabricator yesterday and while I was in Cabo, he must have been on vacation as well as they are not done quite yet. There was a slight fitment problem with the 4 sets sent out before I left that can be resolved with a drill or can be sent back for rework (I’ve emailed those affected and will of course pay return freight). Sorry for the delay and the balance of the orders will go out by Friday.

They have been added to my website but at the wrong price which will actually be $10 higher than those who placed their orders before 10/7.

Tone
10/23/2004, 01:43 PM
Update, brackets did NOT go out Friday as promised - we are working this weekend to get them out Monday and Priority Mail (2-3 days) tracking numbers will be sent to all. Sorry for the delay.

Here are the basic steps to install (very easy)

1. Unbolt the seat from the floor with a 14mm socket wrench (maybe really tight)

2. Bolt the seats to the extenders with the 3/8” grade 8 bolts, washers and prevailing torque nut with a 14mm socket and 14mm wrench.

3. Bolt the extenders to the floor with the new Grade 8 bolts and washers with a 15mm socket wrench.

The extenders go under the seat between the seat and the floor. So, the seat sits on top of them.

Tone
10/25/2004, 11:47 AM
Balance of the kits shipped today as planned and emails were sent with USPS Priority numbers.