PDA

View Full Version : suspension

fishmanstan
09/20/2004, 05:24 PM
Hey guys,

I posted this earlier but maybe it didn't submit. I just purchased a 01 Iron Man with 24k Miles. Is there some way to change the suspension settings. I feel every bump when I drive.

Tone
09/20/2004, 05:32 PM
Welcome! You can change the shocks to a softer type but you will loose the tight handling. You can also change tires as the stock ones are less than ideal. Try using the search feature for some tire and shock recommendations.

Francesco Rizzo
09/20/2004, 08:16 PM
with a short wheelbase of the vx, it's tough to get a smooth ride, although you can vastly improve over stock by changing the suspension. Also, I've notice that the stock shocks get eaten up quite often, so you might have to change eventually anyway; mine leaked and I switched them to adjustable ranchos. I even got the control unit, the site had a sale buy 3 get the 4th free.. I thik someone posted it in a thread. I keep mine set to the softest setting... smooth and it still takes turn nicely.. just highway gets a lil scary above 70 in high wind

azskyrider
09/20/2004, 09:07 PM
Anyone tried rebuilding theirs? A place like lindleman or traxxion dynamics are a full service shop that rebuild resevoir shocks for race applications.

I am sure they can even redo the valving to suit your needs.

Just a thought.