PDA

View Full Version : OT: Exciting Saturday Night!!!!!

BBVX
09/20/2004, 04:46 PM
Saturday Night, our band was playing at the Bell in Hand, just outside of Quincy Market, downtown Boston, and we had just finished our second set. We were about to take a 15 minute break when someone came up to us and said, "hey, the guys from Extreme are here." :eek: "... and they wanted to know if they could play a few songs." :eek: :clap: :eek:
So we hung out with them for about 10 minutes, then we set them up with our guitars, gave them an intro, and off they went! They played for about 30 minutes, doing, Decadence Dance, Get the Funk Out, Hole Hearted, More Than Words, and one from the third album I kind of remembered. Then we went back on and they hung out in the front row for about four songs, dancing and clapping. It was completely surreal! The guys from Extreme in the front row at one of our shows. :cool: :D

And it's not over yet! About 2:30am, Vicky and I are loading my gear into the VX, and I look up at the guy coming out of the bar next to ours. I say, "Hey, Hi Gary, How's it goin'?" Vicky looks up and says "Who are you talking to? Gary who??" That's when she sees him and realizes it's Gary Dell'abate from the Howard Stern show. She shook his hand and we gabbed for a few minutes about the show, and the Extreme run-in. He was really cool. Nuno was cool. Gary Cherone was cool. We were cool. Everybody was cool! It was just an awesome night, this kind of stuff doesn't happen in upstate NY.

Wish you all could have been there. It was awesome! Just thought I would share with the class. Just Awesome.

Brian

P.S. Did I mention it was awesome?? :rolleyes: :)

Bantan
09/20/2004, 05:57 PM
Hey Brian,
Can I get an autograph?;Dy;

I'm not worthy, Im not worthy!!!

Heraclid
09/20/2004, 05:58 PM
Very cool! I had a pretty cool history teacher in high school who used to be playing the guitar most days when we walked into class. He and a student used to get together and do some songs a lot and they did "Hole Hearted" all the time, and I still just really like something about that tune.

Jonnie
09/20/2004, 07:07 PM
I thought they refused to get back together on VH1?

Jon

AnalogVX
09/21/2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Jonnie
I thought they refused to get back together on VH1?

Jon

Yea VH1 couldn't get them reunited...

BBVX
09/21/2004, 04:36 PM
They told us they had been thinking about getting back together and doing some shows, but they (especially Nuno) said they wanted to do it on their own terms, not as a one time gimmick for VH1.

Which got me thinking, who would get the rights and the money for the VH1 concert, show, reruns, etc. That's probably just a big headache to have to deal with.

I have to say I was expecting some attitude from at least one of them, but they were just like a band from down the hall. We were all joking around and they seemed to be enjoying our conversation and the evening in general, as did we.

It's an evening that I won't soon forget. ;Db;

Brian

ScottinMA
09/21/2004, 05:08 PM
Brian,

Where are you playing next??!!