PDA

View Full Version : Shock Mount Adapter Interest

Joe_Black
09/18/2004, 08:49 PM
I've finally decided to re-shock with the Bilstein 7100 series shocks and am fabricating brackets to allow for the eye/eye mounting since our stock setup is eye/stem. The only reason I'm fabricating is that I've been unable to find something already out there, so if you know of something please share the info before I hit the machine shop. Otherwise, I know many others here have interest in Bilstein and other brands that are eye/eye. If you'd like a set of brackets chime in now and I'll have additional sets made all at the same time to reduce costs. I'm guestimating at less than $50 a set, depending on material used. 7075-T6 is my current choice with 4041 a close second, just depends if I go machined or formed.

So post your interest here, it'll be about a week before I put the order in for the brackets.

Hotsauce
09/19/2004, 03:59 AM
http://www.man-a-fre.com/pa/4plusshockadapter.htm

http://www.rubiconusa.com/store/product.asp?productnum=RE2000&allreviews=y

John C.

Joe_Black
09/19/2004, 06:41 AM
A W E S O M E ! Thank you! Thank you! That's what so great about this board and similar on-line communities, the collective knowledge and comraderie just surprises and surpasses!

Thanks again! ;Do; ;Dy; ;Db; ;Dy; ;Do;

Reg Hinnant
09/19/2004, 03:47 PM
OK Joe,
I looked into this way cause the jeep accessory places make these type adapters.
Now tell me which shock will meet the collapsed measurment. The only one I could come up with thats close, is the Class 11 rear, but it will still bottom out. Not with a lift but then will you have the extended length you will need?
We need to cut out the top of the shock hanger and weld on shock tabs to be able to use any of these shocks.
Not to rain on your parade but I've been down this road.
I hope you have better luck than I, finding some combination that will work!
:luck:
BTW The class 9/11 front comes so close it hurts! (stem & eye shock):waag: