PDA

View Full Version : FL Beach Meet HeadCount?

-x-
09/18/2004, 03:07 PM
Any else one sure they heading out there....x

Joe_Black
09/18/2004, 05:46 PM
Kathy & I are in, of course. ;Do;

Jonnie
09/18/2004, 06:48 PM
Sure

johnnyapollo
09/18/2004, 08:20 PM
Not looking good for me - it's falling on Yom Kippur.

-- Best, John

Joe_Black
09/18/2004, 08:54 PM
Well, I'm not opposed to rescheduling to the weekend of the 2nd. I know David would be keen on that since he's got a family thing the 25th weekend as well, plus we'd be able to bring Alyssa which is always entertaining. ;pg; Let me know what y'all think!

NC_VX
09/19/2004, 04:05 AM
I was just jumping in on the post to find out the details of this event? I would like to get one more event in before the fall hits and my little tike is born!!!

Joe_Black
09/19/2004, 06:38 AM
Just take a look under "Upcoming Events" near the top of the title page or you can follow this link: &action=getinfo&eventid=140]Florida Beach Meet. (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/calendar.php?s=$session[sessionhash)

NC_VX
09/19/2004, 08:50 AM
I looked at the upcoming events and missed it cause of the title.... Oops!!! Thanks for the link. So, Janet and I would be 90% committed if it were this weekend and a little less then that if it were the following. Please let me know what everyone decides on as this is only a few days away. Hotel rates would be nice and out of town'r directions would be good too... I did see the hotlinks to the hotel and stuff so I guess I have an address and can figure it out from there....

Thx Joe

-x-
09/19/2004, 04:05 PM
.....Im down for wat will pull tha most people, either week would still keep me in (FINALLY) so its wait an see i guess...x

OH and i think this isnt on here yet...

http://cpixel.com/picdir/L/Ldominicano/186538/ldominicanoEMdsKY.jpg

Chopper
09/19/2004, 04:34 PM
Was looking forward to this weekend, but whatever works best for most is cool. Wanna see some other VX's

Chopper
09/19/2004, 04:38 PM
Look out for bike week, biketoberfest, whatever. Don't want to bump up against that mess.

Heraclid
09/19/2004, 05:52 PM
October 2nd will probably work for me, but since I hope to go to the rally in Starke the following weekend, I may need to hoard my spare change for that instead.

Joe_Black
09/19/2004, 06:24 PM
Biketoberfest (http://www.biketoberfest.org/) doesnt' start until the 21st, so no worrys there. Looks like the October 2nd Saturday will work the best for the most so that's the new date. There's a link in the calendar post to the hotel and everything else including maps to the meeting places, so PLEASE get your reservations in. The property I've linked is a great place and we've been very happy with it over the years. It's perfect for a group with the layout and facilities, very family-friendly too for those with munchkins as well. Two-bedroom units which is great for a little, ummm, privacy. ;Do;

See y'all then! Please email or PM me with any questions.

Bantan
09/19/2004, 07:52 PM
I may be able to make it, won't know until next week or so.

Randy
09/20/2004, 09:46 AM
I'll try to make it if I'm not squirrel hunting in Louisiana. Opening day is Oct 2nd...

These Florida squirrels are too tough to hit now as they have all learned how to fly in the past month!

Joe_Black
09/23/2004, 06:49 AM
Turns out a reschedule works for several reasons...
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT11/refresh/AL1104W5+GIF/231148W5.gif

johnnyapollo
09/23/2004, 01:54 PM
So far it looks good for me to be there.

I'm waiting on a new idler pulley (existing one is making some noise). I may drive down anyway as I don't think it's serious enough to worry about breaking down somewhere.

I've also got a bit of a cold, but almost a week to get rid of it.

-- Best, John

Chopper
09/23/2004, 06:52 PM
See ya all there. WOO HOO!

johnnyapollo
09/24/2004, 03:20 AM
I went ahead and booked a room. I'll be getting there Friday night and staying until Sunday.

-- Best, John

Joe_Black
09/24/2004, 05:15 AM
Note to all looking to stay at the Shoreline: Don't use their online system for reservations, it isn't accurate. Call sometime during the day and talk to someone. All the 2-bedroom suites are taken, but some 1-bedroom (sleeps 4) and regular suites are still available. This weekend's hurricane might clear a few tourists out though! ;Do;

Francesco Rizzo
09/24/2004, 10:41 AM
I've been here since March looking for other VX'ers and no luck.. maybe I'll finally get to talk to a couple of you peeps..

-x-
09/27/2004, 05:10 PM
....you comming thru man...x

johnnyapollo
09/27/2004, 07:06 PM
If it's still a go, I'll be there -

OT: Anyone from the Ft Lauderdale area going to be there? I bought a framed picture (26" x 24") from a guy in in South Florida (I believe Hallandale is down near Ft Lauderdale?), and I'd like to take it home via the VX, rather than risk the glass breakingi n shipping. Alex (-X-) is a bit far south and works too much to pick it up - anyone coming that can do me a big favor? I've got some VX goodies that I'll pass on to whomever can make it work for me.

-- Best, John

Joe_Black
09/28/2004, 04:57 AM
The Shoreline sent me an email stating they and all area businesses are open and didn't sustain any significant damage, which was backed up by a close friend in Palm Coast (just North of Daytona/Ormond). Chopper, comments?

John, if no one from that area comes through let me know and I'll make a quick loop for ya. ;Do; Just let me know!

Bantan
09/29/2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by -x-
....you comming thru man...x
Just found out I got to work on until Noon in Saturday:mad:
Will try to drive up there after work.

Joe Black, I Probably won't get there til 5pm. Should I just go to the light house?

Hey Transio or anyone else from South florida, are Y'all going, whats the verdict?

Let me know: 954 468 5904

Originally posted by johnnyapollo

OT: Anyone from the Ft Lauderdale area going to be there? I bought a framed picture (26" x 24") from a guy in in South Florida (I believe Hallandale is down near Ft Lauderdale?), and I'd like to take it home via the VX, rather than risk the glass breakingi n shipping. Alex (-X-) is a bit far south and works too much to pick it up - anyone coming that can do me a big favor? I've got some VX goodies that I'll pass on to whomever can make it work for me.
-- Best, John

John, I'll see what I can do, call Me!

johnnyapollo
09/29/2004, 08:22 PM
Hey Bantan,

I'll give you a call tomorrow (it's just south of you in Hillandale). Guy want's cash - anyway I can PayPal you (plus fees) and have you pay the guy in cash to pick it up? If you can't do it I'll try to get Joe down there... I've got an address - looks like a consignment shop or something - says he's there during regular business hours - I'll fill you in when I call (what's a good time?)

-- Best, John

Joe_Black
09/30/2004, 07:47 AM
Bantan, just give me a call when you're nearby and I'll let you know where we are. I'll PM my cell.

EVERYONE: Please let me know on this thread if you need my cell and I'll PM it to you as I still don't have power or access to my personal email accounts (darn work firewall!).

johnnyapollo
09/30/2004, 06:35 PM
Hey Bantan,

I called and left you a message - I went ahead and paid the guy for the framed photo in the hopes you can pick it up. He's only there til 4:30 Mon-Fri so it'll have to be tomorrow. I sent you an email via the vehicross.info email address you have in your Profile - I'll also leave you a PM - If you can make it sometime tomorrow, please give me a call via my cell number. I'm starting out early tomorrow and will be on the road.

-- Best, John

Chopper
09/30/2004, 06:59 PM
Daytona "proper" was still rough from the last go round, can't imagine this helped any. Flagler still has a beach, can't say the same about New Smyrna...10 or 15 foot drop from dune top to ocean, very odd, never saw anything like it. The beach just washed away. Daytona is about in the middle of this 50 mi. spread. I'm pretty sure the S. Daytona beaches are still closed to vehicles. I know they have power and all, just a lot of motels and such are gonna be closed(if not blasted). I think everything will be just fine. The two guys at work that live down that way, say the damage is light this time. ;Db; ;Dr; ;Dp; ;Do;

Joe_Black
10/01/2004, 06:05 AM
Thanks for the info Chopper. Hopefully the little stretch of beach at Ponce will be open, as I had hoped the jetty would shelter it. If not, there are some good parking areas near there so keep that in mind if you come late. Also, the lighthouse stops selling tickets at 4PM so it may be a good idea to do that right after breakfast then spend the rest of the afternoon on the beach.

Here's a link to beach conditions and such plus some web-cams: Volusia County Beach Forecast. (http://www.volusia.org/beach/driving.htm)

Weather's lookin' good though! ;Do;

Bantan
10/01/2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by johnnyapollo
Hey Bantan,

I called and left you a message - I went ahead and paid the guy for the framed photo in the hopes you can pick it up. He's only there til 4:30 Mon-Fri so it'll have to be tomorrow. I sent you an email via the vehicross.info email address you have in your Profile - I'll also leave you a PM - If you can make it sometime tomorrow, please give me a call via my cell number. I'm starting out early tomorrow and will be on the road.

-- Best, John

John, I picked up the Picture.
Good News, I got out of working until noon.
Looks like I make get there around 2pm
Anyone want to buy a second hand PV2?

Joe_Black
10/01/2004, 12:51 PM
Glad to hear you'll be making it earlier! Shaping up to be a nice meet. We had about 11 VXers at last years and it was a great all-day shindig. Cutting out now to hit the road, see y'all there!

I'll get pics up Sunday evening too! ;Do;

Heraclid
10/01/2004, 03:59 PM
Sent you an e-mail too, but thought I'd post as well... I'm not gonna be able to make it to this one Joe, but I look forward to seeing you in Starke next weekend for the rally sprints!

Joe_Black
10/03/2004, 06:25 PM
Well we missed you! You've been a regular fixture at the SE meets since Ocala last year. In any case, we had about half of last year at 5 VX's total and had the great pleasure of meeting Wayne (Chopper) and Frankie (Francesco Rizzo). Unfortunately I left my camera at the hotel but John should be posting some great photos.

Folks, if you haven't been to this gathering it's a great opportunity to meet and relax (and eat a bunch too!) while watching the heads turn to see the VX's. I think this needs to be an annual thing so more can plan on coming! ;Dy;

For those that couldn't make it due to last minute issues, you were truly missed! I've got a rallycross in November, so all are welcome to come and make it a camping meet. Should be dried out and have cooler weather too! ;Do;

Francesco Rizzo
10/03/2004, 10:21 PM
had fun for the lil bit of time I was there, nice to finally see and talk to other VX owners I tried to put up two pictures but I'm afraid one was too big to upload correctly, check out link or go to my gallery

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4856&size=big&papass=&sort=1

Tone
10/04/2004, 09:20 AM
Great pic - who owns the black one? What brand wheels and tires? Any more pics of it? Very sharp!

Heraclid
10/04/2004, 05:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that would belong to -x-. He recently posted a pic in his gallery with what I think are the same wheels. Wasn't at this meet but have seen his in Ocala and Ft. Meade before. Not sure on the wheels, but I can tell you he has some meaty tires on it. Actually, just checked - his profile says the rubber is 285/75R16.

-x-
10/04/2004, 09:50 PM
...That was fun, def will be there next year - VERY relaxin ;Db; And yea fellas, what did i miss? Why are my pix i jus uploaded sucky? Anywho will get tha rest up here soon.

Tone that beautiful black beast is of my own :naughty: Hercalid quoted tha size of the "off-road" set-up i have. These are 22" Basically lowenhart knockoff (style) rims Im gonna have to double check but im pretty sure im runnin 275-45/22 they're nittos and run pretty smooth as nittos do...x

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/204vxon22onbeach-med.jpg

Chopper here's a pic of you and yours - The original is REALY good...x

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/204choppeinrearcam-med.jpg

Bantan
10/05/2004, 09:46 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/204vxon22onbeach.jpg

transio
10/05/2004, 04:47 PM
Me too. Next one !!! Mercer, when are we gonna hang?

Chopper
10/05/2004, 05:00 PM
SORRY... now I'm RUXPIN.... guess my identity has been lost or stolen. Ruxpin is the name of one of our pet lizards. (as in Teddy)Had a great time Saturday, the Palatka thing was none too great...old guys drivin' real slow in old cars, not my thing at all, but work is work. Sorry we couldn't hang till dark an' maybe go blast around Voulsia/Flagler in the more rural parts. Fun for locals and visitors alike. We've some great two lanes and a few flat twisties not far from where I met you guys. Maybe next time. Had a great time. Again soon I hope. Chopper, uhh, Ruxpin, uhh, Wayne. Wow! Seriously confused.

Joe_Black
10/05/2004, 06:27 PM
Chopper suits you much better than ruxpin Wayne! ;pg; Glad you got to make it though, as for the twisties sounds like "the loop". ;Do;

Hey Transio, I'll be down your way too for the Hialeah rallycross on the 17th. Bantan almost has me talked into coming that Friday though, something about bikinis and buffets... Sounds like a mini-meet in the making! :thumbup:

-x-
10/05/2004, 06:43 PM
:naughty: bikinis? ummmm more info please ;Db; ....x

transio
10/05/2004, 07:20 PM
I'm there for the bikini contest !!!

Rallycross, huh? I might have to check it out! (even if just to watch)

Bantan
10/05/2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by -x-
:naughty: bikinis? ummmm more info please ;Db; ....x
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/2252604sep_512.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/2252604sep_345.jpg

Joe_Black
10/06/2004, 04:54 AM
So what time Friday do I need to be there? :naughty:

Bantan
10/06/2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Joe_Black
So what time Friday do I need to be there? :naughty:
Free Buffet & 3 for 1 Happy hour begins around 6:30pm ish

Heraclid
10/06/2004, 03:58 PM
Whew, those bikini pics... there are a couple of 10's on the Budweiser scale in those. LOL!

That's not how many beers it takes for it to look good - it's how many of those Clydesdales of theirs it would take to pull most guys away. :-)

Bantan
10/06/2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Heraclid
Whew, those bikini pics... there are a couple of 10's on the Budweiser scale in those. LOL!

Speaking of 10's, I occasionally Judge the Bikini contests, its a tough job but somebody has got to do it!