PDA

View Full Version : Help me out please...

coachreed
09/13/2004, 05:20 PM
I am to the point that I need to think about getting my driveshaft/propshaft custom cut to fit... I would like to go ahead and have the rear shaft done before I get the VX fired up... I need to have someone or multiple someones make a measurement if possible... If possible, could I get a measurement of the distance from the rear transfer case output to the pinion input of the rear axle? I don't think it has to be a COMPLETELY accurate (to the hundredth of an inch) measurement as the rear driveshaft has a slip joint to compensate for distance or length depending on the suspension travel. In the case that there are several people who do the measurement, keep in mind that my VX has the OME 912 springs on it so I have 1.5"-2" lift in the rear... again, the EXACT accuracy isn't compeltely important... of course, the more accurate the better... but its not rocket-science! lol

I would like to drop my rear driveshaft off to a tranny shop sometime this week for cutting and balancing. This would make it possible for me to actually drive the VX to the shop for the front prop shaft modification...

Anyway, I hope the request is clear enough... any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!

dkmiller68
09/13/2004, 06:19 PM
31 1/4 inches on my 99 (16' wheels)

SPAZZ
09/13/2004, 07:32 PM
I bet that gets expensive running those!!!

coachreed
09/13/2004, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the reply and info... I'll measure mine tomorrow... if anyone else has the time to do the same, I'd appreciate it. Hopefully I can drop my driveshaft off in a few days...

I am ready for welding right now... I cut the tranmission crossmember mounts off of my frame this last weekend... I have now prep'd them to be rewelded to the frame 3"-4" rearward... once welded, I will add some gussets to them to add some strength and then have the motor mounts welded... also adding some gussets to them too. Once the welding is done, I have an open appointment at the exhaust shop... unfortunately, my welder is doing a motor swap into his rock-crawler Jeep and so until IT is done, I think I'm on hold! :( Of course, I'm not one to complain about cheap favors... :D

Anywho... things are looking good. This thing may run again afterall! lol As if there was ever ANY question... then again, there were a few people who doubted it. I guess proof will be in the pudding... just hope y'all like pudding!

Later!

coachreed
09/13/2004, 07:36 PM
Spazz! I expect your out under your VX as we speak! You betta be biotch! ;pb; How much lift you have under your VX? I think it would be good if I could get multiple measurements... just a though...

TTYL!

Randy

SPAZZ
09/13/2004, 07:46 PM
too wet to crawl underneath there...........but, maybe I just might do it for a friend. Let me build up the willingness to get soaked.

coachreed
09/13/2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by SPAZZ
too wet to crawl underneath there...........but, maybe I just might do it for a friend. Let me build up the willingness to get soaked.

Well, in that case, I'll understand if you don't get to it until tomorrow or something... wouldn't want you to go out and get soaked in the dark... at least wait until first sunlight before you get soaked ! LMAO! Thanks!

Coach

SPAZZ
09/13/2004, 09:16 PM
29 1/4 from where Rear drive shaft yoke meets axle yoke and from where the other yoke meets the t-case yoke.

that is with around 3" or more of lift

coachreed
09/14/2004, 04:40 AM
I guess there must have been a break in the rain, eh?! Thanks for making the measurement... Anyone else? I know my transfer case got shoved back 3"-4"... We'll see how things get affected by that... definitely not a very long driveshaft.

TTYL!

Randy

Todd Adams
09/14/2004, 08:24 AM
You might try this
http://www.4xshaft.com
Tom is one of our sponsors and is the best in the business. If you every break one of Tom’s Gold Seal shafts he replaces it no questions asked.