PDA

View Full Version : Brake pedal squeak'n

ScottinMA
09/13/2004, 03:54 PM
Seems that my VX developed the brake pedal squeak that I had read about somewhere but cannot find the thread. Silicon spray under the dash along the pedal hasn't quieted the beast. Ideas and solutions appreciated.

Squeaky

johnnyapollo
09/13/2004, 06:39 PM
mine does the same thing - very annoying.

-- John

omegavx
09/13/2004, 07:09 PM
I have the same problem, I sprayed and oiled everything around my brake pedal to no avail. Then one day I had a friend push on it while I was under the hood and wouldn't you know it, it was actually in the engine bay behind a circular box, ??Master Cylinder?? Everytime he would push on the brake it would push this box out causing it to squeek. I havn't figured out how to get behind it and take care of the squeek, but overtime the squeek goes away and then comes back. Basically its in the engine bay on the oposite side of the brake pedel plunger.

Any ideas how to secure the box so it doesn't move, or access behind it to actually take care of the squeeking part?

ScottinMA
09/14/2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by omegavx
I have the same problem, I sprayed and oiled everything around my brake pedal to no avail. Then one day I had a friend push on it while I was under the hood and wouldn't you know it, it was actually in the engine bay behind a circular box, ??Master Cylinder?? Everytime he would push on the brake it would push this box out causing it to squeek. I havn't figured out how to get behind it and take care of the squeek, but overtime the squeek goes away and then comes back. Basically its in the engine bay on the oposite side of the brake pedel plunger.

Any ideas how to secure the box so it doesn't move, or access behind it to actually take care of the squeeking part?

I was hoping that it wasn't there! Yeah that is brutal to get behind. I'll post if I can find a cure.

Scott

BlackVX
09/14/2004, 07:13 AM
Mine too but not everyday.

WormGod
09/14/2004, 08:14 AM
Yep, mine does it depending on the humidity.

I am thinking the VX is just not humidity friendly. A LOT of things get goofy when humidity is high here. Windows lag, squeaky pedals, engine gets cranky, etc.