PDA

View Full Version : Floormats

SoTxVx
02/07/2003, 11:33 AM
Good Afternoon,

I recently purchased a 99 Silver VX. Love it so far and I'm getting used to the stiff suspension. I'm impressed by the performance of the vehicle and even more impressed with the support available from this board.

I purchased factory floor mats last week from St. Charles Isuzu. Merlin at St. Charles indicated that he thought the set would be three pieces (2 for the front and 1 for the back seat floorboard). Got the set in yesterday and they are really nice but only have the 2 front mats. Called Merlin back and he indicated that if I could verify that the VX came with mats for the back seat floorboard he would rattle the cages at Isuzu to come up with them.

Surely the VX came with floor mats for the back seat. Can anyone verify this for me? Any matching aftermarket replacements available out there? Anyone have a part number for what I am looking for?

Thanks alot!

John

Moncha
02/07/2003, 11:40 AM
I can verify that the VX does not come with a mat for the floor in front of the rear seat. However, there is a cargo area mat that is available also... The mats in my 2000 are different than those of my 1999's. They are quite a bit hwavier and has a lip around the perimeter to keep the slosh in... I'd check to see if they have different part numbers per year.

edyavno
02/07/2003, 12:28 PM
The cargo area mat for the '00/'01 model is also reversible: if you have something dirty there, you can flip the mat fabric side down, rubber(I think it's rubber) side up.

AnalogVX
02/07/2003, 04:14 PM
I only have the front and cargo Isuzu mats in my '99.

BumbleV-X
02/08/2003, 10:02 AM
I've been looking since we got our VX for the back seat floor mats. With 2 kids the back seat gets used almost daily. I have yet to find a floor mat that fits the small space provided for a mat. Shy of going to a carpet store and having one custom made I have no clue what to use. Anyone else use something as a mat back there?

ThirtyftFL
02/09/2003, 09:13 AM
Yeah the only mats I have are in the front seats and in the cargo area.

TDAWG
02/09/2003, 10:55 AM
Would a regular carpet from lets say a carpet from an Extended cab pickup work? I am going to pep boys to see if 1 fits. I'll let everyone know if it works or not. Ok I went to PEP BOYS and picked up a clear plastic runner for a pickup. It fit pretty good. It's not for the VX but at least It will keep the Dirty/Snowy Footprint off the Carpet. I'll post more info and some pick lata.

rickshaw
02/10/2003, 11:34 PM
My last truck was a 99 Isuzu Rodeo. I had "Husky Floor Liners" in it. So I pulled the Liners before I sold it hoping that it would fit my new VehiCross. The front liners fit without any alterations. The back liners took a lot of cutting and fitting to make them work. Had to use a Heat Gun to form some of the bends and velcro to attach sections together, but well worth it.

Some pics posted here:
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3366079653e

Husky Floor Liner web site: huskyliner.com

carlymac
02/11/2003, 08:00 AM
Hey rickshaw, The mats look great. NICE JOB!!!