PDA

View Full Version : If you like rock crawling

Triathlete
09/12/2004, 06:46 PM
CALROC St. Goerge comp is on ESPN2 this Thursday (9-16-04) at 1:00pm Tucson time. Check your local listings!:thumbup:

jim.LR>AR
09/13/2004, 06:35 AM
what kind of time is tucson time. Thursday is the 16th Ithink.:D

Triathlete
09/13/2004, 08:53 AM
DING DING DING!!!! Right you are! Tell him what he's won!;Dy;
The 16th it is! Correction made.
Tucson time is just that...Arizona has only one time...we don't believe in no stinckin' day light savings time!:naughty:

Todd Adams
09/13/2004, 04:24 PM
This is a UROC Pro National event not CalROCS. Sorry but there is a big difference. Look for Linda and I on Speedvision in a month or so. They are covering the UROC Extreme Series that we compete in. I believe they got a couple of Linda’s roll overs. Linda also did an interview for HDTV but I have no idea when that airs. They were working on a Rock Crawling documentary in Hi Definition in which Linda did a complete endo back onto her wheels. We have not done well this year but we have put on a show and got some press and TV.
Todd
Linda in what is becoming a usual position
http://www.off-road.com/rock/2004uroc/stgeorgesep/images/CPIC445.jpg

Triathlete
09/13/2004, 11:16 PM
Man, I jacked all the info on this one. Thanks for the clarification Todd.
Next time I'm going to have to keep it simple so I don't screw it up....
"Rock crawling on ESPN2 9-16-04 1:00pm in Arizona check your local listing" ;Dy;

Todd Adams
09/14/2004, 08:07 AM
Professional Rock Crawling is very confusing especially after the ARCA/UROC merger with UROC running 2 consecutive series Pro National and Extreme East/West. Pro Rock events are televised on the Outdoor Channel. UROC on ESPN2, Speedvision, Spike TV and a few others. I know Rich has had CalROCS televised but can’t remember what channel. Most folks don’t know or care about sanctioning bodies anyway and most of the competitors compete in more than one.

I may be one of the few on this board that is into rockcrawling. I would bet I am the only competitor that owns a VX at least I have not met any. I used my VX for recovery at the events as a UROC official the last two years so if you may see it in some old video from time to time. Now that Linda and I compete, it does not go on location any more.

The big news in Rock Crawling is that Supercrawl III will be on man made courses. The event will be held at Rocky Mountain Raceway in Salt Lake City Utah October 14-17. The promoters hope to bring in thousands of new fans with this event being held in area with a large population base. The courses are also permanent so I would expect more events at RMR as well as other man made venues including Las Vegas this year at SEMA.

Linda and I are sponsored by Maxxis Tires and are part of the Maxxis Rock Stars Racing Team. If you have not heard of Maxxis tires you will. In the Pro National finals held in St.George Utah over the weekend Maxxiz Team members Mike and Troy Bailey took a first in Stock Modified. Our tires were hooking up on the rocks better than any of the other brands. I wish I could have been able to keep the Jeep running for Linda.

http://www.maxxis.com/GetImage.asp?FileID=7271

Triathlete
09/14/2004, 10:22 AM
There are a few of us here on the board who are into rock crawling. I plan on organizing a VX get together at the proposed Arizona event next year. So if you make it this way and see a bunch of VXers hanging out and watching the comp stop by and say hello. Likewise if we see that awesome jeep we will do the same. My ultimate dream is to build a VX comp crawler...tell me that would not draw the stares (any deep pocket sponsors interested? ;Dy; :naughty: ;Dy; :naughty: )!
Good luck...hope to see you in the winners circle.:thumbup: