PDA

View Full Version : cd changer purgatory

RobVX
09/11/2004, 01:55 PM
Well, so much for my last dealer praise. The inevitable cd changer failure happened a couple of weeks ago. The dealer ordered a new one. Two weeks later I go and have it installed; they pull my VX around, I hop in, go to put a cd in...yup, the new one is busted! Dealer had to re-order....cd changer purgatory! Rob

psychos2
09/11/2004, 07:05 PM
make sure they remove the 3 shipping screws. mine failed a second time because they left one screw in and it beat itself to death.and it was the one with the tag attached to it that says to remove the screws. shawn

SPAZZ
09/12/2004, 12:35 AM
next thing Isuzu will also void warranties "if you have them serviced or have any maintenance done by Isuzu dealerships or service centers"

I brought my Ironman in for the passenger seat backing almost giggling away from the bottom. I told the service manager that even when I drive down the road and hit any vibrations in the highway or bumps that you could see the seat back rock about a foot in either direction.

They said no prob, we'll get down to the problem.
So, as I sat in the customer lounge, sure enough I see a "Isuzu Technician" putting plastic on the seats and paper on the floor mats then drive it off around the block. He returned to park my VX and give the keys to the payment office.

I went and asked the service manager if they were done. The service manager said yes, that they could not duplicate gripe. I asked if the Technician could meet me at my VX and we could discuss the problem. So off I went with the Technician. I opened the passenger door and asked "So, you didn't find the seat FUBAR?" he said no. So, I asked if he grabbed the seat and shook it, he said "No, we didn't think to do that" and with that he grabbed the seat backing and he almost lost his balance do to it giving about a foot.

They ordered a new seat bracket...3rd one yet...4th one they screwed me out of, due to them ordering a driver's side one not a passenger side one. Even with their error, they said they couldn't help me out then because it was out of the 36,000 mile warranty period, even though they screwed up.

btw-5th cd changer I am on.

Triathlete
09/12/2004, 06:34 PM
I only had trouble with my CD changer once. I deciced, after reading every one heres experiences, to get a real CD player and save myself the headaches.;Dy;

crager34
09/14/2004, 10:06 AM
Almost 69,000 miles on mine and no cd/window/seat or any problems. DAMNIT! I just jinxed myself......:luck: