PDA

View Full Version : help please...diff.

xdfarrx
09/08/2004, 08:43 PM
I just did the a-z synthetic deal. I was over 15,000 on my diffs so I got them done, and redid my tranny, and trnsfer case. The deal is at from a stop to 15 mile per hour and around corners at that speed I am getting a resonance, and a slight grissling (like a grinding but less). Might have they forgot the graphite additive in the rear diff.

Please anyone who might know big thanks!!!!

Dallas4u
09/08/2004, 08:49 PM
Chances are, if they put in 100% synthetic, the diffs probably don't need the additive... although I put it in when I did my fluids, just for peace of mind.

You may want to make sure they topped off the tranny fluid as they have to fill it while the VX is running... fill it till it starts to come back out of the fill hole. If they didn't then it isn't full.

SPAZZ
09/08/2004, 08:56 PM
did...they replace your diff bolts????

you could check your fluid level yourself in the diffs......just undo fill bolts and stick finger level inside...barely bend finger and you should touch fluid..if not then they are FUBAR:confused: ...just another easy thing to check other than if they replaced both fill and drain diff bolts.

xdfarrx
09/08/2004, 08:57 PM
I don't know, but I think they didn't, I didn't know this was something that was changed out-

SPAZZ
09/08/2004, 08:59 PM
they don't change em out, but they were suposed to be replaced back on your VX.

xdfarrx
09/08/2004, 09:00 PM
hahaha....lol. I hope they put them back!! I believe they did-

SGT.BATGUANO
09/08/2004, 10:10 PM
You only need the LSD additive in the rear. Don't know about it being graphite, the one's I've used aren't graphite. I have needed it even when using synth. fluid.

xdfarrx
09/09/2004, 01:09 AM
Thanks Sarge-
I will ask about the Timothy Leary Additive... thanks
xDx