PDA

View Full Version : T-boned in Maryland!

skullcap
09/07/2004, 11:08 PM
Not even one week in to my new PG County residence, tonight I was t-boned in the left front wheel by a driver proceeding with a left-hand turn against traffic as I was heading in the opposite direction.

She creamed the front of her Honda Accord and it appears broke the left front axle on my baby. I was still able to wobble it off into a parking lot, but fear the worst in finding competent repair for my black beauty in the DC area.

Any advice form the Chesepeake Bay area owners would be appreciated. :waag:

SPAZZ
09/07/2004, 11:27 PM
now's the time to swap that front axle out for a Gm 1 Ton IFS or a SAS;Dp;

sorrry to hear of your loss...I had a similar incident where a junior Marine backed up and hit me same place you got hit. and when I say back up I mean HE BACKED UP....he put his truck in reverse and slammed the gas...I think it was on purpose...he claimed not, but he payed for it...wasn't cheep..I believe like $3,000.

johnnyapollo
09/08/2004, 03:20 AM
Hey Alex,

Man that sucks. Knew it was a mistake to leave Atlanta! You need to get your *** back down here and away from those crazies.... think about that when you're driving around that Hundai rental...

-- Best, John

Navigator
09/08/2004, 05:20 AM
If you don't mind splitting the work between 2 shops have your mechanical needs serviced at Mid Atlantic 4x4 they are on Ritchie Highway in Glen Burnie (410) 766-2727. And for bodywork take it to Bermans Auto Body in Baltimore located just behind Riesterstown Road @ Northern Pkwy, they made my Cherokee look like new after a fender bender like yours. Bermans www.bermans.com could handle your mechanical needs as well, but Mid Atlantic specializes in off road vehicles and can customize what ever you want, that is if you want to upgrade as well as repair. :luck:

Moncha
09/08/2004, 06:19 AM
Just glad you're ok. Hoping for the best!

Joe_Black
09/08/2004, 06:37 AM
Alex, glad to hear you're okay and the damage was contained to that area. Listen to John and get your tushie back to Atlanta!;pg;

skullcap
09/08/2004, 06:37 AM
Thanks all.

I'm giving my auto insurance company's recommended facility a crack at it, especially since they are in walking distance of my house (so I can look-in on my baby).

I appreciate the recommendations Navigator, and will keep them in mind if my shop runs into any "issues".

Enterprise is going to lease me a Troll-blazer, in the meantime.

Ugh!

carlymac
09/08/2004, 06:42 AM
WOW skully,
Sorry to hear about your mishap. I am in the process of considering Maryland (Rockville area) as home. But it seems every day or two I find something negative about the area...house prices, cost of living, traffic, not to mention the "crazies".
Anyhow, glad to hear your OK and hope the best for your repairs.

Maugan_VX
09/08/2004, 07:32 AM
My folks are from the eastern shore of MD, and it scares me to no end driving up there. While down here in NC we have people that drive crazy like they are on a nascar track, (common to see people going down I-40 at 90+ mph) its my personal opinion that some people in the NOVA/DC/MD area just plain out are nuts, and got their license in a box of crackerjacks. I could go into many personal testaments of idiots behind the wheel, but we all have seen enough of those to know that they're out there.

I will say this though, to the dump truck driver in MD that ran my little sister off the road then didn't stop when her car flipped and hit a tree, I hope you burn in hell.

(ok, so now you can see why I don't like driving in MD) :P

WormGod
09/08/2004, 08:42 AM
Lived here 80% of my life.... and MD is by far, the worse state for drivers.

(Ex.) We havent had rain in 2 weeks. It rains today during morning rush hour. People begin to drive like there is a foot of snow on the road. My 20 min commute turns into an hour. Not enough rain to keep your wipers on even, just the intermitten mode.

I ran by a Mobil gas station to pick up some smokes on my way to work and saw "9" police cars in the lot. Inside, it looked like a police convention. SIpping coffee and eating donuts and bagels. I see one of the guys all the time so I asked if he was afraid of the rain. He replied "No, it's those psychos out there who think the streets are a parking lot. I am safer in here while they kill each other."

There you have it. *sigh*

Nazrat
09/08/2004, 08:51 AM
Don't worry, those of us across the river in VA feel the same way about you guys.

:D

-Tad

skullcap
09/08/2004, 09:52 AM
PG County's finest reported over two dozen accident calls last night, before the rain even began to fall. Hmm, starting to feel like home already. Atlanta drivers are certainly no better, especially when there's clouds in the sky and a waxing-to-full moon.

The shop my insurance agency recommended is around the corner from the house and right by my metro station. The folks there seem to be on the up and up and restore old muscle cars, so I feel better already. They ought to have fun fixing the beaut.

As for my friends and colleagues in Virginia, I'm not shy about saying that I didn't even think twice about moving to the state because, while "Virginia is for Lovers" some restrictions apply.
Nuff said?

MIDN USNA
09/08/2004, 05:16 PM
steer clear of Annapolis...nothing but damn Midshipmen in daddy's-hotrods and crazy vice city style cabbies.

Chopper
09/09/2004, 06:25 PM
You're ok and the car can be fixed... made better than it was, faster, stronger, we have the technology.......... you get the idea. Glad you're fine.

skullcap
09/09/2004, 06:35 PM
Aww thanks, but I'm usually pretty bulletproof, anyway.

Hmm :cool:

Now that you mention it, this just might be a good opportunity to have those inflatable pontoons I've been wanting installed under the door-cladding!

;Db;