PDA

View Full Version : DFW get together / offroading

Jay Dunford
02/06/2003, 05:46 PM
VX Crazy from Austin is going to be in Dallas on Sat 1 March and we are meeting up at La Hacienda on I-35E and Frankfort Rd in Lewisville around noon. After lunch we are going to check out Marshall Creek park to see what the trails are like.

Anyone else up for some 4 wheelin and truck talk?!

Jay

Vasha13
02/07/2003, 07:19 AM
I'm definitely in for the 15th and probably in for the 1st!

TimG
02/07/2003, 09:11 AM
I can't do the 15th, but I'll be there for the Dallas meet.

VX crazy
02/13/2003, 12:13 PM
I just wanted to bring this back up to the top!!

TDAWG
02/13/2003, 12:15 PM
Hey VX crazy Nice try;Dy;

Cptnmorgan
02/13/2003, 02:00 PM
I'm up for the 1st, but this weekend is covered up for me

RobVX
02/18/2003, 06:51 AM
Jay:

I'm in for March 1st. I'm looking forward to meeting you and other VXer's. I just met a guy in Ft. Worth with a green VX who's not active in the Forum. I'm working on that, and will try to convince him to join in on the fun March 1st.

By the way, how long will my "noobee" designation last in this outfit? Just curious.

Rob A.

Moncha
02/18/2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Robvx
By the way, how long will my "noobee" designation last in this outfit? Just curious.

Rob A.

Just 5 more posts..... for a total of 10

Vasha13
02/24/2003, 07:15 AM
Everyone still in? I am.

Jay Dunford
02/24/2003, 08:08 AM
Everything is still on, but I don't know if we'll get to do much out at Marshall Creek with all of the rain lately. I'm not much into the whole mud scene. We can check it over and I'll do some more looking for alternatives and even see if we can find some deep water crossings for you Vasha.

VX crazy
02/24/2003, 09:03 AM
Yes Jennifer maybe you should wait until AFTER the weekend to get that wheel replaced!!LOL
And I am still in also, but prefer not much mud!!!

Vasha13
02/24/2003, 09:22 AM
Aren't we all just so funny today! ;Db;

I won't be having those rims looked at until Friday and I know there will be a long wait for them. I am hoping that I can get them on order and they not come in until after Moab!

A quick question being a noobie to offroading and all (and having not asked enough questions last time!)- why don't we like mudding? Only because of the mess and potentially getting stuck?

Moncha
02/24/2003, 09:43 AM
Depending on how much you get into, you can get some damage to external parts like the alternator..

For me, I just don't like the mess.... But it sure is fun anyway!

TimG
02/24/2003, 01:33 PM
I don't like it because of the mess.

I'm still in for this weekend too.

Jay Dunford
02/24/2003, 01:55 PM
The mess is my problem too. I was still getting mud out from underneath 2 months after the trip to Shiloh Ridge last summer.

Cptnmorgan
02/24/2003, 03:21 PM
Same here......The MESS. Took 4 hours +- $20, and a rainsuit at the car wash to get only about 75-80% of the mud off. Took another couple of months for the rest to eventually fall out. Even then I stilll find some of the clay mud from shiloh ridge. It's been a year............ No mud please.

3C
Oh and as of right now I am still in.

Cptnmorgan
02/27/2003, 03:37 PM
Well kids unfortunately due to the recent weather I get the distinct pleasure of working on Saturday!!!!!! So I will not be able to join you all for a day of La Ha....... Maybe a postponement is in order if others are not able to attend for this reason also. At any rate, Jay when is the next RX? I'm ready for some racin. Please do not let them have it on Sunday's either....I have to watch NASCAR!!!! You all have fun, and I hope to meet many of you in the future!!

:mad:

3C

TimG
02/27/2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Jay Dunford
we are meeting up at La Hacienda on I-35E and Frankfort Rd in Lewisville around noon.

Jay

Are you sure it is Frankfort Rd? I can't seem to find it using mapquest.
I'd prefer to have a map rather than just driving up and down I35E looking for frankfort rd. :)

If it is frankfort rd, could you post me a link to the map because evidentally I'm a moron. :(

Jay Dunford
02/27/2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by TimG
Are you sure it is Frankfort Rd?

My bad, it's Frankford. It is the next exit north of George Bush Tollway on I-35E.

Tone
02/27/2003, 08:48 PM
Me thinks Capt’n needs to get his priorities in order! Sorry you’re going to miss yet another get together - guess you just can’t say no to the boss? Glad the Austin group is still going to make the effort to attend - hope your 24 hr workday goes quickly for you. We’ll miss you in Moab, too.

TimG
03/01/2003, 09:47 PM
We have a new Texas record for a VX meet and since Texas is the only state that matters, this is the only record that matters. :)
We had 8 VXs, 1 rodeo, and 1 hopefully soon to be VX owner show up.
We didn't get to go on the trail run because it was just too nasty out, but we had fun anyhow.
Thanks everyone that showed up, I really enjoyed it.

VX crazy
03/01/2003, 10:09 PM
Ditto Tim, great time! Well worth the drive! Thanks again Larry for the Barbie Hot Pink tow strap!! I know all you guys want one but just won't admit it! Everyone is just great! And it was nice to meet people I have not met yet!

Jay Dunford
03/02/2003, 06:57 AM
Thanks to everyone, I had a good time!! Good food (Tim won't have to eat for a week ; ) ), some impromtu elbow removals in the parking lot, and lots of hood popping and mod demonstrations. We'll have to do it again and actually hit some trails when it dries up.

Moncha
03/02/2003, 08:33 AM
I'm glad to see that you had a great time!! Good prep for the MOAB gathering.. Too bad you weren't able to do trails!!!!

RobVX
03/03/2003, 10:03 AM
I had a great time meeting everyone at the DFW gathering...thanks to those making the trek from Austin and Houston...and thanks to all for the advise (and supervision) while Doc and I removed our air intake constrictor elbows in the parking lot. My VX breathes much better.

Are there any pictures to post? Rob.