PDA

View Full Version : loud azz thumping

nyc #1 ironman
08/29/2004, 11:25 AM
Coming from sounds like left rear of truck, sounds like someone is hitting the cladding with the handle part of a screwdriver, only happens when I'm on the highway. Any clues? Geez, I just love sinking money into this truck, it never seems to end, windows 3 times , cd player 3 times, 02 sensors, hmmmm, theres more let me think,,,lol... anyway any suggestions? It's not the rear door handle, its not the jack or anything loose in the back, probably underneath. Could it be the driveshaft?,,, thanks again,,,

psychos2
08/29/2004, 02:42 PM
could be a broken belt in the tire . shawn

nyc #1 ironman
08/30/2004, 05:27 AM
Would that cause check engine light to come on? Also it does smell like brakes are burning a bit because when i was driving fast to hear the thump on the highway it smelled like a burning rubber...

psychos2
08/30/2004, 10:07 AM
no it would not make the light come on . but it does make a thumping noise. shawn

Anita
08/30/2004, 12:08 PM
George, that seems to be kinda odd to have a noise in the rear of the VX for whatever reason to cause the check engine light to come on. Separate issues?

Navigator
08/30/2004, 12:34 PM
...Could be your door wedge is out of alignment. Easy to fix, just loosen the 2 bolts, then depending on where you see wear on the rubber part lift or lower the wedge, then test drive. I replaced mine for about $5 and haven't had the rear door bump since.

nyc #1 ironman
08/30/2004, 12:51 PM
Thanks Nav, it actully sounds like its coming from the rearish part of the drivers side, and its almost like theres a huge rock inside the cladding. i am going to the dealer tomorrow you know so he could tell me thats its something its really not ! lololol...we'll see though,,,,

nyc #1 ironman
08/31/2004, 07:44 PM
ok, ok, heres the scoop, the noise was from my muffler heatshield which they fixed, now the fuel pump needs to be changed and the intake gasket also. is this normal at only 56k miles? also is it covered under a bumper to bumper extended warranty? thanks all