PDA

View Full Version : Drooling over these wheels!

transio
08/28/2004, 12:41 PM
They only come in 8-lug, but they have me drooling!

http://www.detata.com/2004/platoon.html

NJVX
08/28/2004, 03:44 PM
weld has some nice wheels.. I think they are the F1 series..They may be new......I just saw them in the new 4Wheel mag..

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/28/2004, 06:43 PM
After feeling like that reporter (Magee) chasing the Incredible Hulk and always just coming up short of getting the big story.....

I've finally given up chasing after this rim...it was an Ion Alloy Wheel Chrome Style 138 mfg in Australia. Oh sure..do a search and alot of people say they have them...but ask for the 16X8 (6X5.5 stud) Chrome with 10mm offset and you'll see what I mean...ugh!!!!

Jegs carries them...but not in chrome and not in 10mm. Closest they come @ Jegs is 16X10 6X6.5 Polished +38mm.

Hunters Custom carries them...computer says 4 in Las Vegas warehouse...NOT!! Told by them they can't be had.

Ebay has them used but I've only seen 5.5 stud pattern

I had them on order from an on-line company affiliated with Pep Boys for 3 1/2 months only to find out they discontinued them (had 2 in stock)and never mentioned it to me...ugh!!!

Oh Yeah..Pep Boys said they had them at a higher price but later discontinued them....They only seem to handle the rims Ron just got now. Sorry for the rant....I feel better now!

Maugan_VX
09/08/2004, 09:01 PM
transio:

ironic that the website says "it just fits" right at the bottom.

Conjures up images of some guy squating in front of a bare lug and rotor..."WHY WONT IT GO ON!!??!? IT SAID IT JUST FITS!!"