PDA

View Full Version : For Clean Cladding

VehiX
06/19/2002, 12:42 PM
Try using Turtle Wax Formula 2001 Tire and Shine

It sprays on like spray paint which makes it easy for you not to spray tire shine on your paint and seems to hold up well to rain and the elements.

Nothing works perfect but this stuff is very easy and clean to apply unlike other spray on tire shines and such :)

SkidPlate
06/19/2002, 01:22 PM
Just yesterday I was trying out my father's new industrial pressure washer,( complete with 180 degree water). I got the whole truck looking real good in just a few minutes.

After I dried it I noticed that all of the old treatments, juices, and goops that I had on the tires & cladding was gone.

So now that I figured out how to clean all the crap off I'd like to find something to apply to the cladding that will last, NOT shine, and NOT collect dust. I was thinking something that takes a little more effort than just a spray, maybe some type of wax-less car wax. suggestions?

WormGod
06/20/2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by SkidPlate
Just yesterday I was trying out my father's new industrial pressure washer,( complete with 180 degree water). I got the whole truck looking real good in just a few minutes.

Always a good piece of equipment to have, but be careful. You ever blast past a paint chip and you will have one hell of a peel. I'm sure you already know that though. ;)

I own a small pressure washer at home and it works very well. I usually use it on my 4 wheeler after a long, hard ride, but it comes in just as handy on a car. Very handy for getting old wax and solvents off the car so you can prep down and layer out fresh coats of wax and shiners. I left work early yesterday do do that myself, and it turns out that the rain beat me to the punch. Maybe another time.

FlyingV77
11/27/2014, 10:18 AM
Just to be a jerk.....
necro-post the oldest post I could find!