PDA

View Full Version : asking this for a friend

Anita
08/26/2004, 02:04 PM
My friend just having come home from taking kids to a raging waters park, found that her niece managed to get pen marker stains on her car's leather upholstery. Any way to get them out? Help!

Vasha13
08/26/2004, 02:23 PM
You might try this:

"Our Cleaning Guru Offers This Tip On: Permanent Marker Stain Removal from Leather Upholstery
An effective way to remove the ink stains on leather furniture is by using either hair spray or Armor All. Just spray the stain, then wipe it with a soft cloth. Be sure to test in an inconspicuous area first.

Unfortunately, it is not called "permanent" marker for no reason, and depending on how fresh the stain is, this may not remove the stain completely and you may be stuck with the stain."
http://cleaning.lifetips.com/cs/Cleaning/Furniture-Cleaning-Stain-Removal/Leather-Cleaning-Stain-Removal/Tips.htm

gruven
08/26/2004, 06:27 PM
I have heard that "Lift Off" from Mostenbockers is pretty good. They have an auto travel kit of which their "Number 3" is used for ink & marker stains.

I have been wanting to try it on a small ball point pen stain but haven't had enough time to find a dealer...

-gruven :supercool