PDA

View Full Version : Air conditioning question

Anita
08/25/2004, 08:44 PM
I think I have a question that hasnt been asked yet...

Am I hurting my temp system by keeping the climate control ON at all times? I have never turned off the a/c before shutting off the truck. I've been doing that for several years without problem but I thought I should ask the experts.

xdfarrx
08/25/2004, 08:58 PM
Hey Anita-
I was told it is fine, but I have been told it isn't good on the compressor.... I make a point of turning the the air conditioning off. I think the fan is fine to keep on. The air conditioning compressor is what maybe isn't so good during turn on and off. Just what I was told.... In other climate control news.
I just recharged my stuff recently...and the results were positive. The bottle has a gauge on it to discern the level of ra-134 which is the stuff used in air systems. To answer your question it said that it will promote less system wear(?) and better fuel economy when used. They also make system 'lubes' as it seems to maintain systems. It cost me 19 clams at Kragen and most importantly I have noticed a very cool and nice difference in air conditioning performance (colder air). I'll go down and grab the stuff to let you know exactly what it is.
ciao
Dylan