PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys lie?

XCross69
08/25/2004, 03:50 PM
Just tonight I had yet another person checking out the VX and the famous question was asked "what year is that!" To see their faces when I tell them its a '99!! I would rather tell them its a concept car in the works....even thought about putting the word "CONCEPT" on the back door where the ISUZU was..

Ahhhhh, sometimes I hate being the honest guy...:(

SPAZZ
08/25/2004, 03:54 PM
telling them it is a 2005 Porshe Cayanne;Dp; get's em everytime

Joe_Black
08/25/2004, 04:11 PM
Cayenne?!?! Shame on you! I saw 12 of those yesterday, must be breeding nearby.;pg;

SkidPlate
08/25/2004, 04:31 PM
I've actually been asked several times if it floats!?! :wtfo:

My answer is usually "Yes, (moron)" :goof:

transio
08/25/2004, 05:03 PM
I prefer telling the truth. People seem even more impressed that it's not available anymore. :)

AlaskaVX
08/25/2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by SkidPlate
I've actually been asked several times if it floats!?! :wtfo:

My answer is usually "Yes, (moron)" :goof:

HAHA I was out 4x-ing and this guy wanted to cross this creek where it looks safe but it SUPER DEEP!!!! It swallowed my buddys lifted Dodge and this guy was definately not going to make it. Well I tell him "Don't try it, follow me!" OK this is going to take more explanation..... There is a river that is super wide (500 ft) and this is at the edge and there is a protrusion of water (10-15' accross) that goes up to a rock face. By looking at it anyone would think to stay next to the rock face, but in this case that's not true, there is a huge hole next to the rock face that extends about 40' towards the river. So anyway I tell him to follow me and start driving stright into the river as to avoid the hole. It looks like I am 60' out in a river and then I turn around the hole and come back on the other side, the whole time water is to about the mid to 3/4 cladding level. I get out and say "Are you gonna do it?" and his reply is "are you trying to fool me" I say "No, just trying to help" He says "Well it looks like that thing is amphibious (sp) and I thought you were messing with me!"

Got a real kick out of that one!

SPAZZ
08/25/2004, 06:05 PM
I know this from personal experience, but it does not die even though it swims under water...serious!!!

but, it gets really old trying to get all the water out of all the components/engine/axles/tranny/t-case/floor board...etc...

Maugan_VX
08/25/2004, 06:06 PM
I'm sure, with enough positive floatation in the cladding .... :D

Hotsauce
08/25/2004, 06:09 PM
I like to lie about the price, and will usually tell them either half or double, depending on how I'm feeling.

John C.

Maugan_VX
08/25/2004, 06:39 PM
I smell monster garage coming on :P

Thats one of my favorite shows. Meeting Jesse James down in Tybee Island was a life-altering experience for me.

Hanalei
08/26/2004, 06:15 AM
People ask me all the time what it is. One person told me it looked like a Cingular cell phone (?) and another person told me it looked like a yellow pepper!!!!

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and I'm so proud of my VX.

WormGod
08/26/2004, 08:02 AM
I once told a girl it was one of a few Ferrari trucks ever made. She looked all around it and really geeked out asking questions for a whole 1/2 hour. She even overlooked EVERY ISUZU label and ddidnt ever notice!!!!

She finally asked me what I did for a living to afford such a nice car. I told her my family owned the company that made those Crown air fresheners you always see in the back windows of ghetto arse cars.

It worked until my friend lost it and burst out laughing.

Anyways, I got a phone number out of it. ;)

Navigator
08/26/2004, 09:22 AM
... Heck even when I say it's ISUZU people ask why they've never seen one before... Resistance is futile... Go with the flow... It's whatever they're gullable enough to believe, because the truth is unbelieveable.

It's a five year old ISUZU, no kidding? Is it custom made? Well actually each one was made by hand in Japan. Seriously? :yes: Wow... I bet they cost a whole lot, Huh? Not really... 3.7 million Japanese Yen or $32 grand US new Wow... Is it good on gas? What is your definition of "GOOD" :naughty: I could go on, but I'm sure we've all heard the same conversation allready. From there just go with it man, have fun filling their heads with whatever makes them happy :D

LeglizHemp
08/26/2004, 09:50 AM
i'd be careful about believing the stories about it going thru deep water. i blew up my 1999 going thru deep water (waist-deep). hydro-locked the motor and the dealer totalled it. got a good payoff from insurance and spent 2k plus that check for a 2001. those with the k&n cone filters might want to be even more careful. Damn Jeep commercials!

transio
08/26/2004, 10:45 AM
The best conversation I've had to date was at a quickie-mart after midnight, confronted by some urban youth (UY):

UY: "Damn, ni**a, that sh*t is straight"
ME: "Thanks"
UY: "How much that cost?"
ME: "10-15 thousand"
UY: "NEW?"
ME: "No, they don't make 'em anymore"
UY: "Straight. You gonna hook it up?"
ME: "Yeah, I got some stuff done already" (pointing to wheels, exhaust, etc)
UY: "Yeah. That sh*t looks HARD."

LMAO. I guess other SUVs do look a bit flaccid next to a VX. :D

StormTROOPER
08/26/2004, 12:31 PM
Having a 99 myself , I FEEL YOUR PAIN.....really sucks havin a vehicle from the LAST MILLENIUM:( but look at the bright side, because of it's futureistic design it will LOOK CURRENT in 2009, and we will be able to ANSWER....."Yep it's a 9" :D

Simon Templar
08/26/2004, 04:41 PM
No need to lie. When they ask, I tell them the truth.....It's one of only 57 made!!! That is usually enough to wow someone.

Not really a lie....there were only 57 Kaisers with the red/black interior made in the 2000 model year. :p

....sT