PDA

View Full Version : Debadging Poll

ChryLaser
02/04/2003, 07:22 AM
Just out of curiousity how many have debadged and to what degree?

AnalogVX
02/04/2003, 07:51 AM
I kind of like the VehiCROSS on the side. It adds a bit of red to the silver color. Now that I have removed the rear badging I think the rear looks too "big". It doesn't look bad...just all that space and nothing to fill it in.

ChryLaser
02/04/2003, 08:28 AM
Yeah I agree. I think when you take off the lettering the back looks kind of blank. I guess its b/c Im used to seeing ISUZU. I saw a pic of a guy with a proton VX with Isuzu written a different was..kinda futuristic looked nice.

edyavno
02/04/2003, 08:33 AM
I've had all the badges since I bought mine (~ half year ago), and was debating wether I should keep them. Just recently decided to take the front and rear isuzu badges off. Will probably do it this upcomming weekend, looking for a good replacement for the front badge now. I'm definately keeping the Vehicross logos on the side: I like them, espesially on kaiser silver, and they don't take away from the mistery when isuzu badges are removed.
Since I'm in between now, I'll vote when I'm done. :)

Vasha13
02/04/2003, 08:42 AM
I took off the rear lettering and all side markings except I left just the V on the vehicross section. I am still getting around to taking off the wheel and grill badges.

Tone
02/04/2003, 10:01 AM
Stripped my first one the day I got it. Second one, the dealer did for me before delivery including moving the SS to the grill and dropping the 3. TOD is next to impossible to get off but it’s gone now.

I’ve ALWAYS stripped my vehicles’ badging, starting with my first Cougar - makes it easier to wax!

johnnyapollo
02/04/2003, 11:24 AM
The existing badges have never bothered me, so I've left them alone. I plan on buying Ron's grill when it becomes available, and plan to to the VX logo that he's devised. That's about it...

-- John

VX crazy
02/04/2003, 11:52 AM
The badges never bothered me before either, but when I saw Jennifers silver debadged, it looked great, so I took it ALL off except for the grill and the wheels which are next! It looks soo much better clean like that! And I don't want people to know what it is!

Dallas4u
02/04/2003, 12:01 PM
I like the badging.

Anyone out there who has removed the side "VehiCROSS" badging, still has it but plans to trash it, PLEASE let me know. I would like to get it from you if at all possible.

BklynVx
02/04/2003, 12:50 PM
Yes I have debagded everything besides the side of the Vx. It doesnt say VehiCross anymore..it just Says V Cross so i took out the "ehi". Yeh debadging it is the way to go!
I am also looking for something for the front though...I'm waiting to see which grill Ron is comig out with hopefully soon

Holla!

David

VehiX
02/04/2003, 07:49 PM
I have removed the back ISUZU logo but opted to leave the VehiCROSS on the sides for now. I also intend on removing the ISUZU logo on the front as pictured here:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/31p1010050.jpg

and replacing it with this :D

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/31p1010049.jpg

The PHAT logo I found is a direct fit for replacement :)

01 Dragon
02/04/2003, 08:28 PM
I havent removed any of them yet, but im going to remove the Isuzu from the back, maybe all of it Im not sure. I really like the idea of no one "really knowing" what it is. Especially since the design is so ahead of its time it fits right in with
todays styles like its being sold right now!

Stay Cool,
Tom

Navigator
02/05/2003, 06:17 AM
Stripped everything with ISUZU and dealesrship names off. Only VehiCROSS, 4WD, and 3.5L's remain.

Funny thing is I've had people in Trooper ask "What's That?" ...LOL.

Tonka
02/05/2003, 11:05 AM
I took everything off from the isuzu's to the 3.5L and the TOD. I left the isuzu on the wheels, i don' t like the way they look without. I am the one with the new ISUZU on the back. I didn't like the way it looked with the silver and didn't really like it blank either. So i went looking around and found a cool font and like it now. You can see it in the gallery. I too am waiting for Ron's grill. It looks soo cool! Any up date on this?

VXMAN
02/06/2003, 07:39 AM
Striped completely clean, 2 weeks after getting her. Love the cleaner look, But I did add something to the rear. It's in my gallery photo's.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=298&papass=&sort=1
:D

Dave...

VehiCrazy
02/06/2003, 03:04 PM
Everything gone except for the "VehiCross" badging and the "four wheel drive". I left the "four wheel drive" in case I get toed.

ThirtyftFL
02/09/2003, 09:10 AM
I took everything off except for the 3.5L and move the 4WD to the grill.

Daver
02/10/2003, 10:12 AM
Only badge left on mine is the front grill, and that's not an option in the poll. :)

-Daver

Cptnmorgan
02/24/2003, 06:02 AM
I took off the vehi-cross lettering cause one of the V's was bad. Left everything else...... Posted because no option for this in poll.

Vfrider1
02/26/2003, 08:24 PM
Removed the IRONMAN from the hood insert, It was just a little to commercial for me. Replaced it with a Calvin and Hobbs stencil. (see gallery)

John

sam
03/04/2003, 02:24 AM
Does anyone know about how I can get the rear sliver large ISUZU lettering? My VX doesnt come with one (it's from Japan), I only have the lettering in graphic style.

Also, where can I get those silver 'fangs' from, again mine never came with any!:D

edyavno
03/04/2003, 07:23 AM
sam,
I'm planning to take off the ISUZU lettering from the back. I can send them to you if I manage to keep them intact.

As to fangs, check the "got fangs?" thread, apparently they can be ordered from the Isuzu dealers here in the states.

sam
03/05/2003, 04:35 AM
Many thanks for that! Let me know if ur successful in getting the lettering off!

I have email St Charles re:grille fangs, but as yet no luck!:rolleyes:

Moncha
03/05/2003, 08:23 AM
It takes Merlin 2-5 day to reply but, you will get one.

For others, here the link to the "Fangs" (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?postid=3291#post3291) thread..

David Wiltshire
03/18/2003, 01:38 PM
I am definatetly going to remove the rear Isuzu name off the back of mine here in the U.K. One as a protest to the very unhelpfull main importers and second I am going to get made in holographic self adhesive material the name Lunar Rover which I think is fitting for the vehicle and the fact that everyone in our neibourhood seem to have Land Rovers and Range Rovers

Reg Hinnant
03/19/2003, 09:07 AM
Left everything alone except for the Ironman decal under the side Vehicross logo. The decal sticker looked like a cheap afterthought added later. Wanted to take Ironman decals off hood but the VX had sat on a dealers lot and I was sure the image was faded into the gray.

TrooperCROSS
03/19/2003, 10:13 AM
Just wondering, how do you go about removing the badging without ruining the finish? :confused:

RobVX
03/20/2003, 08:15 PM
Doc and I just debagded his green VX last weekend. After our DFW meet, Doc felt that the dark color VX's looked better debagded. I agree. The lettering is attached with adhesive (like doublesided tape) and the lettering comes off very easily... just get an edge lifted with fingernails or a dull razorblade (carefully)and peel it off. Some adhesive residue will remain. I found that a little "Goo Gone" will help remove all the residue.

Doc's VX doesn't get garaged, so i was afraid that there would be discoloration after the debadging; but there was none.;Db;

TrooperCROSS
03/21/2003, 07:05 AM
Robvx,

Sounds easy enough, thanks for the help. :jump:

Dallas4u
03/21/2003, 08:06 AM
Debadgers please read!!!

If anyone has debadged, has the badges and are in good shape, and does not want them... please let me know as I am looking for some OEM badges and would like to take them off of your hands (or out of your trash).

Please email me if you match this description.

Thanks!

VXJohn
03/21/2003, 04:06 PM
Anybody can have my rear badges...just come to my house and take them off the VX. I'm too chicken to do it myself!!!!

edyavno
03/26/2003, 10:20 AM
Just added my vote: I took off the front Isuzu badge and rear lettering this weekend.
I used a blow-drier to warm up the front badge and plastic knife to remove it, with some acetone to remove the residue after I took it off.
Rear lettering came off even easier, I used the same plastic knife to pill off some part of each letter, and then just pulled gently.
No "ghost" marks after washing, even though I keep my VX outdoors for over 6 months.

Sam, send me an email if you still want the Isuzu lettering from the back: all letters except U are intact, and that one can be put together so it won't be noticeable that it's 2 peices now.

skullcap
03/26/2003, 12:16 PM
..and easier debadging, Vasha suggested a warm day, a fingernail and some dental floss.

One you've pried enough space beneath the badging, just drag some sturdy floss beneath the rest of the applique.

I'm starting as soon as the sun will stay-out long-enough to soften the glue.

skullcap
04/12/2003, 03:08 PM
Ok, the "ISUZU" is history. I even removed most of the adhesive. Now to get the residue off without marring the finish. Any suggestions for household solutions?

Moncha
04/12/2003, 03:38 PM
I just used a good cleaner wax

skullcap
04/12/2003, 09:27 PM
A plastic cuticle-remover did the trick at removing the badging and I used a squirt of water-based Goof-off and a rag. I couldn't manage to save the badging, intact, though I tried. It seems there is a clear laminate on the badging that had already blistered in a few places, so the applique was already beginning to look like tarnished silver.

Now debating whehter to remove 4WD, since it's really AWD.

I think I'll keep the VehiCROSS on the sides, but I'd like to be able to remove those intact. Any suggestions are welcome.

edyavno
04/12/2003, 10:19 PM
you might want to keep the 4wd sticker, in case you're not around when your VX gets towed, they'll know to use a flatbad.

David Wiltshire
04/26/2003, 01:42 AM
I am having some badges made to fit in the front grill replacing Isuzu with LUNAR ROVER they will have a black sparkly background with either gold or yellowy coloured LUNAR ROVER they will measure 143mm by 30 mm and have a slight radius to the four corners they are high quality and cost £50 each. As soon as I get it I will post a picture of it to see if anyone else might be interested in one

Moncha
04/26/2003, 06:21 AM
That'd be

As of Saturday, April 26, 2003

50 British Pound = 79.60000 US Dollar
50 US Dollar (USD) = 31.40704 British Pound (GBP)

WyrreJ
04/26/2003, 09:46 AM
This is so poseur, but I've been looking for a cast-iron or black-anodized lamborghini bull (no words, just the logo) to put on the front grill. Just regular size - a couple of inches tall at the most, which means blacking-out or removing the isuzu lettering and the icon itself has to be dark black so as not to really be visible unless someone comes up within 5-10' and looks directly at it.

Heraclid
05/11/2003, 04:19 PM
I have no plans to change any of it, except *maybe* replace the red 4WD on the back just because it is a tad scraped from the previous owner. I had my Avenger's rear end repainted after an accident and they pulled off the badging and I was pissed. I hate that. Very often when someone rips off the badging it means they have the base model with the weakest engine and don't want you to know it, and I think that's so lame and I didn't want anyone to think that of me, even though it was pretty clear it was an ES without the badging. I hate the fake stuff people do too, like putting on a fake 5.O, TypeR, SVT, NOS, and all that other stuff. You're gonna look pretty stupid when I ask to see that NOS installation or that 5.0L engine if you don't have it. I hate to say it, but someone had a pic of a VX with 5L on the side because they pulled off the 3. part of it. First time someone wants to look at it, whatcha gonna do? And especially around here everyone has a VX too, it isn't fooling anyone. Heck, if I had some nice mods I wouldn't make my own silly badges to declare it to the world, either. I'm not much for street racing (nor is the VX built with that in mind), but it never hurts to have more under the hood than it looks like you do, and it's never good to have less than you say you do because some day you may have to back it up. That poser stuff is just... well, you wouldn't catch me doing it. My wife's minivan can take most any Civic with the whiny exhaust that makes lots of noise but little to show for it and that just makes it more painfully obvious you're all show and no go. Those things don't even sound good... if it has some power, it'll rumble like a Mustang GT or RamAir Firebird or something. Now THAT sounds good. So basically I think you have to be very careful what you do with mods. Of course, it is a matter of personal choice and this is nothing but my own humble opinion.

Navigator
05/11/2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by skullcap
A plastic cuticle-remover did the trick at removing the badging and I used a squirt of water-based Goof-off and a rag. I couldn't manage to save the badging, intact, though I tried. It seems there is a clear laminate on the badging that had already blistered in a few places, so the applique was already beginning to look like tarnished silver.

Now debating whehter to remove 4WD, since it's really AWD.

I think I'll keep the VehiCROSS on the sides, but I'd like to be able to remove those intact. Any suggestions are welcome.

Waxed dental floss is the best way to remove badging in one piece.

WyrreJ
05/11/2003, 08:02 PM
The guy with the 5L did that because he has an SC installed. May not look like a NA 5L but it pulls about the same.

skullcap
05/11/2003, 09:47 PM
I was really on the fence about whether to do any debadging, at all.

That was until I began noticing some odd blistering of the metallic appearance of the rear Isuzu badge and the side "3.5 L"

I've not seen any other posts about this, but has anyone else noticed the development of this almost tarnished look on their silver badging? I really didn't notice this until I began waxing with Collinite (love the shine). I wonder if anyone might have any ideas or insight. The "VehiCross" badges do not seem to have suffered from the same condition.:confused:

AlaskaVX
05/12/2003, 03:30 PM
Just de-badged the front ISUZU to make way for the new NASA sticker. I already have NASA on the back so now there is not anything that says Isuzu (unless they look at the shocks) it is now a NASA Vehicross. Can't wait 'till someone asks me if it's really made by NASA.

WyrreJ
05/12/2003, 05:33 PM
Any ideas for debadging the inside?

A quick look around today and all I saw was the horn on the steering wheel and the logo on the stereo. The stereo is easy, but the horn on the wheel is more difficult. Is it safe to glue something on top of that? Would it interfere with the airbag?

Also, any interior logos I missed?

BOARZHEAD
05/12/2003, 05:39 PM
Can't wait to see it Alaskavx.. I just debadged everything last night. Used a heat gun and came off easy. Only took about 3 beers worth of time..;Dr;

David Wiltshire
05/13/2003, 09:21 AM
On the space theme I have had made a badge with LUNAR ROVER on it which fits in place of the ISUZU
As I am so useless at internet things I have posted it on VX modifications it cost me £50

grober02
05/19/2003, 07:03 AM
Do you just pry the badges off? I would like to remove the back Isuzu badge and the 3.5 badge, but I don't want to damage the paint. What's the best technique to remove these badges?

Thanks

grober02
05/19/2003, 07:13 AM
Please don't pay any attention to my last post about debadging. I didn't realize there was 4 PAGES of this stuff. I already got my answer.

VX_PA
11/10/2003, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Heraclid
[B] My wife's minivan can take most any Civic with the whiny exhaust that makes lots of noise but little to show for it and that just makes it more painfully obvious you're all show and no go. Those things don't even sound good... if it has some power, it'll rumble like a Mustang GT or RamAir Firebird or something.

I've seen some of those Civics with whiny exhausts eat Mustang GT's, Firebirds, and even AWD Porche Turbo's. That must be some minivan your wife has? It's super-charged with NOS right?

hchen
11/11/2003, 01:55 AM
VX_PA . . . you'll have to get used to some comments made here. many members here have a dislike for kids in civics 'cause i dont think they've actually ever experienced sitting in or driving one that is correctly modded.

i've actually raced a few "ricers" taht were sleepers that ripped me when i was driving my dad's Carrera 4...and i pride myself in being a very good driver...followed them into a parking lot...and beat the SHIET out of them...haha no...congradulated them in doing things right. anyways...

I dun know of any minivan that can really rip a modded civic...but then again im probably wrong...

VX_PA
11/11/2003, 05:28 AM
I just respect anyone who loves their ride and aspires to make it better, even if it is a civic. I've owned about 30 cars/trucks altogether and I've never once kept one totally stock. The only thing I have never owned is a minivan. I have driven them in the past and (yawn) boring. But I'm sure there's some firebreathing, boulavard briusing, hopped up minivan out there stomping anything that crosses it. I just don't consider them fun and agile vehicles. Let's face it they were made for basic transportation only.

I think that sport compact tuners have gotten a bad rap from a few idiots that don't represent the whole group. Half of the things that are being changed on the VX by their owners have derived from those teenage modifyers. I commend them for their creativity and hope that they continue to push manufacturers to build good looking, great handling, cars and trucks with enough power to create a smile from ear to ear. Isn't that what we think of the VX?

Oh yeah, and I do plan on removing anything that says ISUZU on my VX. I'm not advertising for a company that doesn't take care of their customers. Just my 2 cents.

Raque Thomas
11/11/2003, 05:50 AM
I removed the Izusu logo from the back and off the grille, covered the wheel logos with black vinyl tape (you have to look really close to see that the tape is there), and plan to cover the interior logos as well.

autox-racer
11/11/2003, 08:59 AM
I removed the isuzu from the rear door and removed marks with rubbing compound.

The front isuzu was removed and replaced with my custom VX made from titanium. http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/116grill2.jpg

Kits for the VX are available herehttp://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2636&highlight=badge

Im still looking for a cool way to cover up wheels. the black vinyl or the mirros sound the best way.

-x-
11/11/2003, 01:55 PM
Visit your local decall shop, with any luck the guy there will have some skill (creative input) and be able to help ya out. My buddy came up with these x's for mine...x

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/204dsc00134-med.jpg

autox-racer
11/13/2003, 05:26 AM
I like the X's. Is it silver vinyl on black or is it a print on black?

thanks

VehiSHARK
11/29/2003, 10:37 AM
gonna throw VehiCROSS where it says isuzu in back.

remove front isuzu and put VX in brushed aluminum.

And Make some silver VX's on black vinyl for the rims.

Isuzu is cool. But I want to celebrate the VX.

I'll leave any and all isuzu on interior. I got no beef with owning an isuzu VX.

i got laughed at when I bought a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

Until they came out and saw it!!!!

Bad looking ride!!And SuperCharged!!!:cool:

Heraclid
12/06/2003, 04:45 PM
Going back to the minivan thing... no, it's a stock '96 Grand Caravan SE, and of course it doesn't have NOS and all that. Dude, I'm not pulling a VX King on ya. :-)

I've not driven her van much therefore I've not been next to many ricers in it, but yes, the ricer folks I have been next to in it would have had trouble racing the van, almost without exception. They were showing off and flooring it and getting nothing much for it. I can often pass them in the van without having to even try very hard, and I think that van only pushes about 160 horses, 3.3-liter V6. Feels better than that, though.

Granted, they probably were not real modded out, just a sticker or two and a gaudy exhaust, so no real big performance enhancements. Probably ragged out the poor things with how they drive 'em too. But heck yeah, the minivan can take some of 'em, and this van has 200,000 miles on her and wasn't always taken care of like it should've been. And some of today's Caravans have a lot more oomph under the hood than that. Some of the new ones have 3.8-liter engines with 215hp, 245 lbs. torque. And I bet some minivans out there have better.

That said, I do more driving than most people and I haven't run across many that impressed me no matter what I was driving at the time, which is more often than not a Chevrolet Astro cargo van. I've even handled ricers in that with a 1,000+ lb. load in the back, maybe up to 1,500 lbs. Granted, it has a 190hp, 4.3-liter V6, and it is stripped down in the back for cargo.

This is all just my personal experience, though, but my experience around here says that if it's a car like that, odds are I can beat it with whatever I'm in. Seriously, I see that and I am generally LESS intimidated and more prone to race it because I'm conditioned to think they're easy pickings and I kinda like showing 'em up. Maybe our ricers here just plain suck or can't drive worth a damn? I don't know, but I'm not lying to ya. All I can say is that for me, the fast ricers are few and far between.

TDUB
01/29/2004, 07:53 PM
No Isuzu markings. Dig the "What is it!!!!???? " stuff!!!!

aloha, tw

TDUB
01/29/2004, 08:02 PM
OHHH!!

I almost forgot..................

BADGES?????????????
BADGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, couldn't help it

aloha, tw

CrzyFool
02/09/2004, 10:55 AM
I took off all of the badges except for the 3.5L's on the sides.

I've also removed any form of Vehicle identification from the interior.

You can only tell what it is if you already know or by the VehiCROSS embossing on the seats. :cool:

WyrreJ
02/09/2004, 07:34 PM
What about the horn button emblem on the steering wheel?

BaM*BaM
02/09/2004, 08:16 PM
I covered the horn button emblem with a very, very old and worn navajo brass concho. Looks great.

WyrreJ
02/09/2004, 09:05 PM
Does that impair air-bag deployment? I don't know how the cover opens for the airbag but it sounds like you might lose an eye to that.

Tiger66
02/10/2004, 08:33 AM
I had the dealer take the IRONMAN off the hood before I would drive it off the lot. It looked very tacky to me. I later removed all badges and decals except the side VehiCross. I like the uncluttered look. I also think it looks longer and lower without the distractions. Plus easier to wax. My grill now has a "Spyder" badge from a '67 Corvair, just because it fit and like the the word.

Chopper
02/10/2004, 05:53 PM
Haven't taken floss & heat gun in hand yet, but it is inevitable. The question is, do they go back on?? The paint is awful. I work in a paint and custom shop, so I gotta at least take out the peel. Kinda hard to admit ISUZU made anything this cool. Not sure I want the world to know---ya know?

ctp
02/14/2004, 09:58 AM
All you guys who got replacement badges that say "Lunar Rover, etc" where did you find them? Were they custom made?

I took my front and rear badges off yesterday. When I was coming out of Best Buy I watched a guy walk around my VX 3 times;Do;

Apostle
05/10/2004, 03:27 PM
changed the rear to vcross, going to change it back to isuzu, not sure why, but seems out of place i guess

Thickness
05/10/2004, 06:00 PM
For the izusu badge on the grille,I sanded it and painted it flat black.What is the best way to remove the Izusu from the back?

Chopper
05/11/2004, 05:38 PM
Dental floss, an' a heat gun! Warm it up a bit, then shave it off with the waxed floss. A good wet sanding&buffing will get rid of any shadows. A decent detail shop should be able to provide the service. This ain't an area you want to teach yourself. Start wet sanding paint, the potential for disaster is huge.

Thickness
05/11/2004, 06:04 PM
Thanks,Chopper.I`ll find someone this weekend.

SuperDave
05/14/2004, 03:10 PM
Just debadged the rear billboard. Got started with a plastic knife and the rest peeled off easily by hand. Rubbed away the adhesive residue without a problem.

My first modification. The appearance is much improved IMHO.

mrtew
06/20/2004, 07:31 PM
I finally debadged today and I love it. I was worried that the rear would look like it has a blank spot without the billboard, but on a Proton VX it looks totally fine. The bright color fills in the space beautifully and the same with the C-pillars. The whole truck looks so smooth now. I didn't do it so much to hide its identity, but because I don't think that yellow and chrome really go together. The big benefit that I see from having it debadged is that the five people a month that pull up and ask what kind of SUV I'm driving won't seem so stupid without those huge ISUZU VehiCROSS logos staring them in the face.

David Wiltshire
06/21/2004, 02:36 PM
In reply to the question raised by ctp if you have a look at the picture Lunar Rover badges in my gallery you can see a black plastic backed badge with a brushed type aluminium front I had made by one of those local badge companies that are everywhere here in the UK it cost about $10 each and so far are still perfect. Once you remove the front ISUZU badge (you have to be brutal) give the dimensions to the badge company and hopefully you get a good badge in fact the guy from the badge company came out and measured mine on the spot for me.

VXR
07/19/2004, 09:28 PM
Just finished debadging and it looks great! No problems and would recommend to everyone...

transio
07/19/2004, 10:04 PM
I voted "took everything off". I still have "Isuzu" on the 4 wheels and front grill, but the wheels are changing soon, and the grill not long after that. I also kept the 4WD, ToD and 3.5L for now. They'll follow the rest soon.

UNEVEN THOUGHTS
07/20/2004, 09:58 PM
I removed everything with the exception of TOD and 3.5L (everything else was in rough shape anyway). Any advice on removing the logos on the wheels would be great.

Raque Thomas
07/21/2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by UNEVEN THOUGHTS
I removed everything with the exception of TOD and 3.5L (everything else was in rough shape anyway). Any advice on removing the logos on the wheels would be great.

I cut black vinyl tape and put it over the logos on my wheels - you have to look very closely to tell it is there. I have read that with many hours of work, you can get the black medallions off the wheels, but Izusu is stamped into the center car below - so it is fruitless.

UNEVEN THOUGHTS
07/21/2004, 06:42 PM
Good call on the vinyl, It worked perfect. I just slapped it over the whole circle and then ran a sharp knife in the crease were the black and chrome meet. Done in 15 minutes.

UtahVXer
07/24/2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by UNEVEN THOUGHTS
Good call on the vinyl, It worked perfect. I just slapped it over the whole circle and then ran a sharp knife in the crease were the black and chrome meet. Done in 15 minutes. In another thread someone mentioned they covered the hubs with round mirrors.

Otto
11/08/2004, 05:06 AM
If you go to E-Decal.com you can order center cap decals of any design. I have (VX) in silver letters with black back ground, looks like they came with the wheels. I will try to post some pic's

Maugan_VX
11/08/2004, 06:08 AM
I'm proud to have the isuzu badges on my car. This is my 3rd zu, and while it may be different than the rest on the outside, its the same thing as the trooper under all that plastic. Why hide that fact?

Raque Thomas
11/08/2004, 06:09 AM
OK - now TOTALLY devoid of Izusu ID - off the front, rear, factory radio & CD, wheels, steering wheel, shocks (there is an Izusu sticker on the shocks you can see when sitting beside it in a "normal" height vehicle), and even the remote has been debadged.

Maugan_VX
11/08/2004, 06:26 AM
^ that should be illegal.

Its like you're ashamed to own something that has "isuzu" on it.

Whats the big deal?

Remote? Stereo? Seek help.

VXcaver
11/08/2004, 02:16 PM
This summer I backed up hard into a stealthy tree branch while navigating a rock pile and put a crunckle in my read door just above the halfmoon and right below the glass. The "I" in Isuzu took a gouge too, and not wanting to drive a "suzu", I ended up debadging the rear door when I did the body work.

Since then, I can't go anywhere without someone stopping to ask about the car or compliment me on the unique vehicle, and that didn't happed that often before. I sort of enjoy the mystery the debaged vehicle creates. I don't think its so much a statement about Isuzu, but just the idea that no one can put a label on the truck as easily. Anyhow... debadging is cool.

VXR
11/09/2004, 08:46 PM
I sort of enjoy the mystery the debaged vehicle creates. I don't think its so much a statement about Isuzu, but just the idea that no one can put a label on the truck as easily. Anyhow... debadging is cool.

Well said...

Have you seen the front badge you can get from autox-racer?

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4467&highlight=badge

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/1133new_vx_badge2.jpg

Anita
12/02/2004, 02:41 PM
I want to see the new grill options that Ron at Vehicrossconcepts.com is going to have. Not sure as to when that will be but his 2 grills he offers at present are pretty cool.

Mantronix7
08/23/2005, 10:44 AM
Anyone have side badges and rear badges for sale? I have a JDM and side badges are stickers! :eek:

Maugan_VX
08/23/2005, 03:29 PM
Debadging is like buying a piece of art for $15,000 and removing the artist's signature from the work.

Ldub
08/23/2005, 05:08 PM
Maugan,
What business is it of yours what people do with their car that they bought with their money? I think you are severely over valuing your opinion.
Ldub

Maugan_VX
08/23/2005, 05:31 PM
Sorry,

I didn't see the sign that said "if your opinion differs from that of the majority, keep your mouth shut".

I think my analogy is quite apt and fitting to the discussion. Exercise your right to disagree by all means while I exercise my own.

Ldub
08/23/2005, 05:47 PM
You forgot to answer my question...what business is it of yours what people do with THEIR vehicle?
Oh,btw, you still thinki'n of one of them there non stock super chargin units?

Maugan_VX
08/23/2005, 06:01 PM
Ok, since you seem to be really pissed off that I don't like you people debadging your vehicles, then here's a distinction:

While I may disagree with the practice, call it assnine and frivilous, insulting to the people that poured their professional lives into designing and building the vehicle that we all share a common interest in, it is no business of mine to find a VX owner in the process of debadging his vehicle and tackle him to the ground and beat him to a bloody pulp. Nor is it any business of mine to carry around a bag of VX emblems in my vehicle, and hunt down debadged vehicles and replace said emblems.

However, I do think its my business to tell debadgers that I think what they are doing is wrong, stupid, unattractive and otherwise superfluous in the grand scheme of things, whether they paid for it or not. People pontificate about what other people should do with their investments all the time.

Does that answer your question?

(Oh and yes, the supercharger is on order, but the carbon fiber mirror covers, blue LED horn lights, and the 3rd light flasher are on backorder and wont be available until at least next month. Oh and the LED window squirters!)

mbeach
08/23/2005, 06:27 PM
I like toast.

Exactly -no one cares.

Ldub
08/23/2005, 06:35 PM
Why yes...that does answer my question.I'm not quite sure how you prioritize your time spent crusading against this or that, but hey...It's your time I guess.
If it makes you happy... :rolleyes:

mrtew
08/23/2005, 07:10 PM
(Oh and yes, the supercharger is on order,...

What an insult to the Engineers who spent years making our engine such a perfectly balanced machine, delivering the optimum doses of power, torque, and fuel economy that we all bought our vehicle for. Anyone who tampers with such genius is not only a stupid ***, but is ruining not only one of technology's greatest achievments, but the VX community and the world as a whole. And I am here to let you all know in every thread how wrong you are to change your own vehicles in such a vital way.

Are you getting any feel for what a blowhard you come across as yet?

P.S. As a car designer I can tell you that there is not one amongst my profession that gives one squirt of piss about someone taking badges off their cars so you can drop that angle. In fact the badges are applied graffitti-like by marketing types to our completed designs much like a gallery signing our works of art with their names. And yes we debadge more than the average drivers.

Bulldoggie
08/23/2005, 08:56 PM
I like the gallery shots of nicely polished VX's, the only badge I took off mine was the 4WD, it was damaged removing a dealer decal (a practice that should be outlawed. Dealer Lic. plate frames are ALWAYS first to go!)). Do you have to put 4WD decal on a VX? It screams 4WD! I love the stock design, Isuzu is one of the few manufacturers to use 4 wheel disc brakes on all their vehicles. But some of my badges are getting discolored making the VX look older. I'm thinking of taking them off, I like clean, easy to wax, smooth surfaces also.
I think it is great that the badges "stick on", so there are no holes to be filled in a bodyshop, another beautiful stock design feature.
I drive a wonderful vehicle made by Isuzu and don't mind letting people know it was Isuzu who built it. No one else has put it all in one package like Isuzu.

MachineVX
08/24/2005, 08:34 PM
I took the too huge ISUZU logo off the back and replaced it with a Vehicross side pillar badge. I also thought the 4WD and torque on demand were too much. Also removed the 3.5L badges, as well.

moon buggy
08/24/2005, 11:57 PM
Since our repaint [stickers were all fading and peeling anyway] and the sheer lack of being able to by any VX or Isuzu stickers the only thing on our car that tells you ITS Isuzu is on the grill, which my wife tidied up very nicely with a small art brush and meticulously applied black paint...and because thats the only place that identifies what 'it' is ..its fun watching cars buzz around you looking for the 'label'...on stickers ... I luv the chrome-like 'bubble' Vehicross that the Japanese LTD came with that they stuck to the 'B'? pillar...very nice...[did you folks in the US get that??]

....so being mostly debadged...may be the VX was the true or should I say the ultimate Mysterious Utility... :rolleyes:

biju
09/07/2006, 03:04 PM
Add my Dragon to the list!
(Just the rear logo).

I LOVE the new look, and it's sooo easy to polish and wax that area now!!

-biju.

nfpgasmask
09/07/2006, 03:28 PM
Debadged everything right away, its the only way in an Ebony, its not ALL BLACK until its ALL BLACK.

Bart

etlsport
09/07/2006, 03:28 PM
i ditched the front isuzu logo and the isuzu on the wheels, still says isuzu on back and vehicross on the pillars

Ebony1433
09/08/2006, 11:31 AM
Every logo went away, except the ISUZU logo on the rims, and the 4WD badge on the door.
It's just a sleeker look, and easier to wax.
Just to amuse myself, I slapped the removed logos on the brick facing my usual outdoor parking spot in my apartment complex....stayed pretty much intact for over 2 years....

vxDAKINECHICvx
09/08/2006, 02:28 PM
I like the 'vehicross' on the sides. I might debadge the 'isuzu' on the back-still haven't made my mind up yet. I do plan to change the "isuzu" on the front grill to "vx" if I can find it.

circmand
08/31/2009, 01:28 PM
proud of the Isuzu and I already have enough people asking if its a RAV4 or a Suzuki. I also get the cute comment but unlike others here the comments are not from hot twenty somethings but 40 somethings and frankly thats not the rush you may think.

drdirt
08/31/2009, 01:52 PM
left the 3.5, 4wd and VehiCross on the pillars. new wheels took car of that and previous owner did the Ironman on the hood. Got the great folks at domed letters to make one that says ISITU in the same font. love to keep em wondering

drdirt
08/31/2009, 01:55 PM
What an insult to the Engineers who spent years making our engine such a perfectly balanced machine, delivering the optimum doses of power, torque, and fuel economy that we all bought our vehicle for. Anyone who tampers with such genius is not only a stupid ***, but is ruining not only one of technology's greatest achievments, but the VX community and the world as a whole. And I am here to let you all know in every thread how wrong you are to change your own vehicles in such a vital way.

Are you getting any feel for what a blowhard you come across as yet?

P.S. As a car designer I can tell you that there is not one amongst my profession that gives one squirt of piss about someone taking badges off their cars so you can drop that angle. In fact the badges are applied graffitti-like by marketing types to our completed designs much like a gallery signing our works of art with their names. And yes we debadge more than the average drivers. that was fun

Riff Raff
08/31/2009, 02:04 PM
Hmmm, I've never seen this thread as it started many years ago. Very interesting reading other people's position on this issue. The only thing I've ever considered debadging is the "3." and just leaving the "5L" on the side. I've never converted it because I think the "." is really cute. My VX remains 100% badged the way it left the factory.

Gussie2000
08/31/2009, 02:10 PM
Sorry guys,but i think debadging the horse isn't a excuse to wax it or either have people wondering WTF is that,even with the badges on people still seems amazed when they look at a vehicross.
Out there are worst vehicules than isuzu & i don't see their owners debaging them in any way.
For instants I've seen a member added porche emblems in his VX (.) My ??? is why would you give porche the honor to carry their emblem on the VX ? When you'll never see a porch owner carrying a isuzu emblem on their car ? I don't think isuzu deserve such of disrespectfull action & neither you should be ashamed of carrying the isuzu letters on the VX, why ? simply because it was buildt by isuzu.
I don't have the pillar letters because the were damaged & when i ready i'll put them back because it belongs there.
I do agree the VX looks "uniform" without the letters,but any vehicule out there will also look "uniform" with no letters at all so to me makes no sense.
Another reason ALL cars carries letters is to I'd'ing 'em in case of a unlawfull incident.
Just imagine you witness someone being hit by a car you never saw before & left the scene You can't provide the police the vehicule's name or model because it was "naked"
And if you "debaged" members belief the VX has too many of letters then look at the new RAV 4,the 4runner,the suzuki grand vitara or cherokee limted 5.7L which carries more letters & never saw a single one "debaged" for waxing purposes.

VXorado
08/31/2009, 08:28 PM
Its just personal preference, I know some people who debadge they're cars for styling but thats the only reason.

I personally love the isuzu badges and the ironman decals, but I guess thats just my preference :smilegray

Moncha
08/31/2009, 09:27 PM
The only one I did was the huge ISUZU on the back. IMO it was too big.

don moore
08/31/2009, 10:31 PM
i added a big VX to the back of mine ........lol

mrtew
09/01/2009, 03:55 AM
Sorry guys,but i think debadging the horse isn't a excuse to wax it or either have people wondering WTF is that,even with the badges on people still seems amazed when they look at a vehicross.
Out there are worst vehicules than isuzu & i don't see their owners debaging them in any way.
I don't have the pillar letters because the were damaged & when i ready i'll put them back because it belongs there.
I do agree the VX looks "uniform" without the letters,but any vehicule out there will also look "uniform" with no letters at all so to me makes no sense.
Another reason ALL cars carries letters is to I'd'ing 'em in case of a unlawfull incident.
Just imagine you witness someone being hit by a car you never saw before & left the scene You can't provide the police the vehicule's name or model because it was "naked"
And if you "debaged" members belief the VX has too many of letters then look at the new RAV 4,the 4runner,the suzuki grand vitara or cherokee limted 5.7L which carries more letters & never saw a single one "debaged" for waxing purposes.

I debadged my VehiCROSS because the badges are poorly designed aesthetically (ugly) and look really cheap and plastic and glittery. Do you "buy" that reason? Ironically on my new Camaro I'm adding extra badges! Retro ones from past eras of Camaro greatness. Explain that!

tom4bren
09/01/2009, 05:21 AM
Mine were all gone when I got it. It'll stay that way.

There's nothing wrong with the badges but I prefer the look better without. It's not that I'm ashamed of driving an Isuzu - I just like the debadged look on the VX.

Gussie2000
09/01/2009, 06:45 AM
I debadged my VehiCROSS because the badges are poorly designed aesthetically (ugly) and look really cheap and plastic and glittery. Do you "buy" that reason? Ironically on my new Camaro I'm adding extra badges! Retro ones from past eras of Camaro greatness. Explain that!

Unfortunately the VX has no past era badges to replace with.I do agree they are low quality,however there are options to consider for replacement.

handeeman
09/01/2009, 11:44 AM
I got a set of the VX grill badges from planetsvx. I had them in my pocket in a bar and someone mentioned the thickness of my wallet. I told them I carried a badge. They almost had me arrested, but they couldn't arrest me for impersonating a VX.

Ldub
09/06/2009, 12:20 PM
I got a set of the VX grill badges from planetsvx. I had them in my pocket in a bar and someone mentioned the thickness of my wallet. I told them I carried a badge. They almost had me arrested, but they couldn't arrest me for impersonating a VX.

You are definitely one of my favorite weirdos Handee...:laughing:...:thumbup:

I say find a theme & badge that sucker any ol' way ya like...support individuality!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC03797x.JPG

handeeman
09/07/2009, 06:45 AM
You are definitely one of my favorite weirdos Handee...:laughing:...:thumbup:

I say find a theme & badge that sucker any ol' way ya like...support individuality!

Actually, all my badges are still on..I did think Moncha would like the "I carry a badge part."

Been thinking about a custom tag for the front...somthing like
"2010 ISUZU". Just to appease the questions like "What is it?"

Weirdo huh, as a used to say in my mis-spent ute "Takes one to know one."

Ldub
09/07/2009, 06:58 AM
Actually, all my badges are still on..I did think Moncha would like the "I carry a badge part."

Been thinking about a custom tag for the front...somthing like
"2010 ISUZU". Just to appease the questions like "What is it?"

Weirdo huh, as a used to say in my mis-spent ute "Takes one to know one."

Considering the source, I'll take that as a compliment...:thanx:

You should too...:smilewink

mrtew
09/07/2009, 08:01 AM
I actually took my VX badge off the front grille and ordered a new ISUZU one from the dealer. Is this the right place to post or should I start a RE-badging thread? ;-]

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1631/img3668l.jpg

Ldub
09/07/2009, 08:09 AM
I actually took my VX badge off the front grille and ordered a new ISUZU one from the dealer. Is this the right place to post or should I start a RE-badging thread? ;-]

I dunno, but if Maugan ever see's this, he's gonna pop wood...:laughing:

tom4bren
10/02/2009, 05:13 AM
I dunno, but if Maugan ever see's this, he's gonna pop wood...:laughing:

Dude - you sure know how to 'turn a phrase':)

Ldub
10/02/2009, 05:19 AM
Dude - you sure know how to 'turn a pharase':)

No, I'm serious.

If you remember, he was more than a bit tenacious with his "anti debadging" crusade. And it was Tew who finally took all the wind outta his sails...:laughing:

tom4bren
10/02/2009, 06:12 AM
Sorry, my dyslexia kicked in. I misread your post & thought you said "poop wood".

handeeman
10/02/2009, 08:59 AM
Sorry, my dyslexia kicked in. I misread your post & thought you said "poop wood".

Duh, x2 here. lol

Knivx
10/05/2009, 08:44 PM
The previous owner debadged mine, poorly i might add. Still have ghost letters and a few scratches from the razor or whatever they used. Plus it's causing my clear coat to peel there now. Oh well it's been keyed and scraped along all manner of shrubbery now. I just wish a had the badges still as i really like them. Oh well...

Ldub
10/06/2009, 03:15 AM
No, I'm serious.

If you remember, he was more than a bit tenacious with his "anti debadging" crusade. And it was Tew who finally took all the wind outta his sails...:laughing:

Start reading here for humorus clarification...:smilewink

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=477&page=7

tom4bren
10/06/2009, 10:05 AM
I remember that one Lbud. You were in rare form there as well.:)

BTW, remember ... you can debadge all you want. You'll never get rid of the Isuzu in the center of the steering wheel. Nobody's completely debadged.

vt_maverick
10/06/2009, 10:47 AM
The previous owner debadged mine, poorly i might add. Still have ghost letters and a few scratches from the razor or whatever they used. Plus it's causing my clear coat to peel there now. Oh well it's been keyed and scraped along all manner of shrubbery now. I just wish a had the badges still as i really like them. Oh well...

You can still order the pillar Vehicross badges through Merlin or isuzuparts.com. Kinda pricey though; I think they were like $30 each.

I'm not sure if the tailgate Isuzu logo is still available; they don't list it on isuzuparts.com's OEM catalog, so that doesn't sound good.

vt_maverick
10/06/2009, 10:51 AM
Start reading here for humorus clarification...:smilewink

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=477&page=7

Dude that is freakin' hilarious. Give it to 'Tew, that was a world-class beatdown.

Finding gems like this in the archives makes me wish I had the time to find other funny threads...

Ldub
10/06/2009, 11:13 PM
I remember that one Lbud. You were in rare form there as well.:)

BTW, remember ... you can debadge all you want. You'll never get rid of the Isuzu in the center of the steering wheel. Nobody's completely debadged.

Oh really?...:laughing:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=27331&postcount=64

Still in rare form BTW...:yes:...:smilewink

tom4bren
10/07/2009, 05:52 AM
OK, but we'll just have to hope that bambam never has his airbags deploy. That brass thinggy will become a lethal projectile.

I'm feelin generous today so I'll give it to you tho:

Dub was right ... Tom was wrong ... BamBam is COMPLETELY debadged.

Dancin naner for Dub.:dan_ban:

Ldub
10/07/2009, 06:39 AM
LOL...has nuthin' to do with right or wrong, I just hadn't rubbed yer fur the wrong way for a couple days...:slap:...:laughing:

That is after all, what friends are for...:yesgray:

tom4bren
10/07/2009, 06:52 AM
:slap:

Ldub
10/07/2009, 06:53 AM
:slap:

:dan_ban:

tom4bren
10/07/2009, 08:03 AM
After due consideration, I'll have to renig on my earlier generosity:

Covering a badge is NOT debadging. So ... I was right:cool!:

Ldub
10/07/2009, 08:06 AM
After due consideration, I'll have to renig on my earlier generosity:

Covering a badge is NOT debadging. So ... I was right:cool!:

OK...:flower:

VCrossfan
11/14/2009, 01:49 PM
Oh really?...:laughing:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=27331&postcount=64

Still in rare form BTW...:yes:...:smilewink

I also covered my ISUZU on the steering wheel with a round piece (2") of simulated carbon fiber tape..

Satch
03/17/2010, 04:10 PM
Took it all off except the VehiCross on the side. installed a sound system with two amps and sub. Navagation and back up camera. only the camera comes on when ever i want, via a switch i installed in the dash. It's all good!

p_justin13
03/18/2010, 07:37 AM
I removed all badging except put vx logo on grill and left the 4wheel drive on rear. If I was going to do something on the sides as stupid as it sounds. The vx reminds me of the cobra vehicles from the gi joe cartoons when I was a little tike, fangs and all. I was thinking of a 3d emblem on the sides of the cobra logo in red or carbon fiber. sounds stupid but more nastalga than anything.

tom4bren
03/18/2010, 07:56 AM
There's a VX with a 'Deceptacon' emblem on the grill so ... go for it.

p_justin13
03/18/2010, 08:44 AM
The best one I've seen is there is a mail man in a rural town out here in Illinois who had a 2004 Proton Yellow Vx JDM version as a mail delivery vehicle. US postal emblem's and all. Magnetic but still made me laugh my *** off. Haven't seen it in a while want pics to post!

BeeVenom
03/29/2010, 04:40 PM
Took everything off except the TOD logo on the rear hatch. Did add a Supercharged stainless tag on the side of each front fender (small, but I think effective) since I have the Alpine supercharger. BeeVenom :)

RallyDude
03/30/2010, 11:43 PM
I have no problems with Isuzu, but I haven't received a check for advertising for them either. So I'll do what I want.

I plan on getting a car within a week, so I'm thinking about my first mod. The 4WD, TOD, & 3.5's gotta come off. I might keep the Isuzu on the front and the VehiCROSS on the sides, or change them out with the titanium VX's. I know it's had to be done thousands of times (though I don't remember it), but I think I might move the "I" to replace the "U" to form the name "SUZI" on the back. It seems like it would still be centered and fit the space better. Guessing I'll probably do the black vinyl thing on the centercaps. I'll keep the inside stock badges on.

Guess I like people guessing too. I will save my badges for the next owner (if ever) to hold better value. I do think cars with lousy paint look even cheaper if they debadge, like they got a cheap paintjob, and didn't even bother with the badges. If a obviously really nice vehicle is debadged, i think it usually looks better, and adds to the sleeper look.

RallyDude
06/24/2010, 08:30 PM
So an update:

I got a VX that was completely debadged, so I didn't have to do anything. I'd like to add a V6 badge, from Fords where the "6" is tucked into the "V". I always liked their "V" logos, and since I got one with a supercharger, I'll surprise some people.

Tookie
06/29/2010, 04:12 PM
I have nothin to say, other than

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_0287.JPG

ZubrAZ
08/15/2010, 08:15 PM
fully debadged except limited edition sign instead of front isuzu logo

RamAirZ
08/15/2010, 08:28 PM
I have no Isuzu badges except for the airbag. The grille has a VX badge, the side Vehicross emblems + the 3.5L emblems and nothing on the rear at all. I'm still torn on if I should have left the ISUZU on the back, but too late now lol.

Robbomaz
08/17/2010, 08:23 PM
Well Ive gone the other way :bgwo:
All the Holden identification is removed and I have Isuzu front & rear - and a 'V6 Kompressor' badge off a Benz for the rear once the tailgate is painted :bwgy:

VXR
12/22/2010, 09:27 PM
BADGES?????????????
BADGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yesb:

Etfren
01/30/2011, 12:22 PM
Helped debadge my friends VX on Friday, took off everything including the 3.5 L and the Isuzu in the grille. Took out the fangs to so he could paint them black, not sure why since its black underneath them anyway.

89Vette
04/28/2012, 10:15 AM
Took out the fangs to so he could paint them black, not sure why since its black underneath them anyway.

I'm not sure I'd like that. OTOH, I did think about modding the grill to look more like a [Shelby] Cobra -- basically smooth sides with no center "obstructions". Looks too hard w/o getting into fiberglass (or plastic repair fabbing).

Also, the headlight/fang combo makes that "cobra" appearance for me. If both the headlights and grill were modified, that could be cool.

ALC1717
06/13/2012, 01:17 PM
I removed the factory ISUZU badge on the Rear and replaced it with a Solid Chrome one from Japan. It looks a hundred times better than the stock ISUZU. I have a photo posted on my Gallery Pictures.

tom4bren
06/14/2012, 08:50 AM
Gotta de-badge all over again. The rear door from vt_mav's VX is going on the back of mine & it still has the badges:)

Etfren
06/14/2012, 11:54 AM
Gotta de-badge all over again. The rear door from vt_mav's VX is going on the back of mine & it still has the badges:)

Getting is repainted too or are you going to be rolling around with a Foxfire door on your Proton?

tom4bren
06/14/2012, 12:39 PM
Getting is repainted too or are you going to be rolling around with a Foxfire door on your Proton?

Nah, I live too close to DC. That would be free advertisement for the Redskins. Can't be doing none of that!!!

Welder Guy is going to paint it Proton for me.

blacksambo
06/14/2012, 08:24 PM
My rear end was debadged...decided it looked unfinished, just re-badged it. Looks more professional and valuable, I think.

VxSport
09/01/2012, 08:12 PM
We removed the rear Isuzu (damaged), I also replaced the front grille logo with the VX lettering. I still plan on leaving the side bagding, no one ever knows what a Vehicross is anyway.

The only this I have done different, I made a set of ISUZU mud flaps for the rear. Big Isuzu Letters on mud flaps that only hang down about 2". Flaps were oem from a early 90's Zu PU, I think. I had them on Amigo series too.

Chris

new to the site, thanks

tom4bren
09/05/2012, 11:18 AM
Took out the fangs to so he could paint them black, not sure why since its black underneath them anyway.

Agreed. The fangs were gone on mine before I got it. I like it better without.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/CIMG5224.JPG

mborodi
09/05/2012, 05:04 PM
left side badging in place, replaced ISUZU on the back with TONKA, put VX in yellow on grill.. I've been stopped at so many red light intersections with people asking me what it is.. married couple arguing that Tonka doesn't make a "real" SUV.. lol.. I had 5 city police cruisers pull into Applebees one night, the 5 cops came up around my Proton, my friend ran outside to see what they wanted.. just pictures.. all of the people curiosity is funny.. it can get old.. but still funny..

JMNY
09/05/2012, 06:32 PM
My VX is all original - just the back up camera that was installed. All the badges are on. I flirted with the idea of taking off the big ISUZU off the back....not really a fan and that is the only one that really bothers me looks wise....but since my VX is basically 100% stock for now I decided against it. My VX looks basically looks like the day it came from the showroom.
While I am tempted - there is something nice about it being so original.

Starglider
05/10/2014, 07:17 AM
I'm actually thinking of re-badging, at least partially, since I have a USDM parts car now. Got a couple of these (https://www.etsy.com/listing/111544498/beast-custom-car-emblem) to keep the 'beast' theme the previous owner had going, one for the grill and one for the back.

vehiXrs
05/18/2014, 07:32 AM
My black VX was partially debadged when I bought it in 2011, all I have left now is the engine size on front fenders & the TOD badges on right , bottom of rear Door, I have 20" black MB wheels, and chrome VX letters on grill , and vanity plates, which I can't say what they are, you'd all copy. It's a crazy vehicle for sure, & I have head turning vehicles befor, but the vx turns the most, if I had a dollar for every neck turned or stares while driving, I would always have free gas $$$$.

RodL
07/05/2014, 03:07 AM
Mine had the ISUZU taken off the back before I bought it. Yesterday a guy pulled up beside me at a light and asked who made my VX and I told him. I'd put the badge back on if it would stop those questions. It was really hot and hot air follows cold so as soon as I rolled down my window I was flooded with HOT HUMID air. Good thing the A/C works like a champ.

Rod

HeckaTrebeka
07/09/2014, 09:19 PM
Mine had the ISUZU taken off the back before I bought it. Yesterday a guy pulled up beside me at a light and asked who made my VX and I told him. I'd put the badge back on if it would stop those questions. It was really hot and hot air follows cold so as soon as I rolled down my window I was flooded with HOT HUMID air. Good thing the A/C works like a champ.

Rod

I have all the badges on mine and people still ask me all the time what it is... It was cool at first.

Lfen
08/18/2014, 06:25 AM
Have all badging. Guy walked up in parking lot this week and asked if my VX was something new, LOL. Not bad for a 13 year old SUV. I plan on keeping all the badging.

pdlock
08/23/2014, 09:53 AM
I looked for a long time to find my Proton, and didn't even call on the ones with no badges. Mine is factory-fresh, garage-kept...and ready for my cityboy cruisin' lifestyle! People are gaga over my Proton..if I park it somewhere, I have to rush away or people will run up and ask me all kinds of questions.

Bird Dog 36
09/17/2014, 07:20 PM
I just de-badged mine. I think that the skinned Ebony just looks SEXY.

Petos
10/04/2014, 11:36 PM
All of my 3 VX's were repainted, so I don't even know how those look like ;)

ahdoman
10/05/2014, 07:37 AM
If anybody removes their "Vehicross" badges from the sides I need a good clean pair. Please contact me at ahdoman@gmail.com.

circmand
10/06/2014, 08:58 AM
But time and Mother Nature are slowly debadging

Leon R
10/06/2014, 10:29 AM
My got "debadged" because it was repainted. I only have "VX" on the grill and on center wheel caps. It is entertaining to watch people walk around the car trying to figure out what it is ;).

Vendetta
01/09/2015, 10:31 AM
The only badges that will be on my VX when it rolls from the shop will be the "VX" on the grill and this custom badge I had whipped up for the tailgate.

-V

Jheyson VX
03/08/2015, 08:11 PM
That is awesome V. I would like to check your VX once it is all finished.
Good luck in the process of putting everything together V.

tom4bren
03/10/2015, 09:01 AM
I still like the idea of putting SeaDoo logos on the Proton: Jumping dolphin on the grill, BRP on the hood insert, & 'Powered by Rotax' on the front fenders. It'd look awesome when towing the PWCs or boat. Prolly get so many questions though that I'd go nutz...er.

spoondeep
12/01/2018, 04:40 AM
Hello to all. Without wanting to go against the flow with this DE-badge thread, I'm going to :-)

Having given up trying to find any for sale, I'm in the early stages in getting aftermarket "VehiCROSS" decals re-manufactured.
The company concerned, is based in the UK, and they actually make the badges for a number of high end car marques, so I'm hoping they can reproduce exact replicas, materials, scale, contour and colour.

At this stage, I'm looking to get a small sample batch, but as my VehiCROSS was de-badged, I have nothing physical to compare with.

So this is a call for help from fellow Vehicross owners.
Does anyone have any old badges, (condition is not so important), the aim is to use one as a template, for 3D scanning, and for correct materials identification.

At this stage, I don't expect to make any profit from this exercise, but the price is going to escalate, and the accuracy suffer, if the engineers have to work from photos alone.

So, an honest offer at this stage. If any member is prepared to donate 1 old badge set, and post that to me in the UK, I will do the following.
If we can get a suitable replica, I will post you back 2 replica badges at my cost.
If the company can't do the job, I have 2 backup options, but if all should fail, I will post back your original badge.

Should this be successful, and by then I will have some pricing, and update everyone, but in the mean time, if anyone is interested in potentially purchasing such replicas, please PM me, I'll tabulate numbers etc.
For example if we have 50 committed buyers, I can look to have a batch made.
I'm not looking to profit from this exercise, so any price would be cost+p&p

Thanks for your help everyone
Cheers

Mile High VX
12/01/2018, 07:35 AM
There is a guy on the VehiCROSS Facebook group from Russia that is doing this already. You can check those out over there.

Mile High VX
12/03/2018, 05:32 AM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/132875176466?ul_noapp=true

Camoman
03/07/2019, 09:00 AM
The Russian ebay item is not is stock anymore. Mine was mostly debadged due to repaint before I got it. I changed the front to vx (thanks to the 3d file found online and who created that file!) and the wheel center caps will be redone to be vx as well.

Airlock
04/04/2019, 07:25 PM
Debadged front & rear, replaced with Chrome VX... May take off the 3.5 too.

Thelgord
04/05/2019, 06:26 PM
Pics! :D

jimmyray
10/26/2020, 05:54 PM
My Ironman still has the badging and i like it because when people roll up beside you on right side on the highway they can instantly read what it is that you arre driving. My Green VX however is D badged and i find people racing up ahead of me and trying to get a sneak peek at the name on the grill without driving into the car next to them... had a few close calls already! I’m ALL for keeping the badging especially for reminding all those newer jeep Cherokee and Compass owners where the original hood insert and body cladding design came from!