PDA

View Full Version : Air Intakes??????

NJVX
08/22/2004, 09:11 AM
Ok I have searched the forums for this info, and have not been able to come up with anything. Therefor I have to ask a ? that I am sure has been asked and answered here before. I want to install a new chrome air intake with a K and N cone filter. Does anyone make a simple bolt on version. I have seen some modified ones on this site, but does anyone make a one step bolt on unit. I saw the Calmini one and its basically just the filter. If someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
Dean ;Db;

Chopper
08/22/2004, 09:36 AM
I don't beleive there are any direct bolt ons.:(

NJVX
08/22/2004, 10:30 AM
Thats what I was afraid of. Well if there isn't a direct bolt in, whats the closest thing to it, and who sells it?

MachineVX
08/22/2004, 11:33 AM
Mike from morgantech makes an excellent intake. Do a search for it.

NJVX
08/22/2004, 12:30 PM
Did a search several times, couldn't find anything on morgantech.....Maybe I am missing something...

Moncha
08/22/2004, 01:09 PM
It was actually the way you searched, too specific. I did a search with this "morgan* intake*". (w/o the quotes)
Never underestimate the power of the wildcard (*)

Maybe this will help..

Specific thread (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4612&highlight=morg%2A+intake%2A)

General search (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=47776&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending)

NJVX
08/22/2004, 02:43 PM
Moncha, Thanks bro...;Db; Found the website with the links you posted. Will now be able to follow up on it.....Thanks again...
Dean

NJVX
08/22/2004, 02:45 PM
Thanks Scott...Just saw your name at the bottom of your post....lol;Db;

morgan-tec
08/22/2004, 07:24 PM
I build a complete bolt on kit for your VX, there are five or six members with them now so ask around a little. Oh yea its "Morgan-Tec" thats why you could not find it. I can polish the intake tube if you want a chrome look, let me know, click the link in my sig for my site.;Dr;

WormGod
08/23/2004, 08:36 AM
Also, if you are interested, I am currently in teh works of getting an operational ram air working, if you have the WRX style induction. I put the raim air together this weekend and fitted it all, and it appears to all fot great. Next step is to perforate the hood where I want the air to flow through (I was told NOT to simply cut a hole in the hood for MANY reasons, by the speedshop that I deal with). So, I may just make a series of small, uniform holes where the air os to flow through and seat the induction funnel there. Then I need to port the air to the airbox, where I will need to cut a round hole in the box UNDER the filter. I just need more time in a day, I swear. *sigh*

Maugan_VX
08/23/2004, 10:37 AM
Worm:

Be sure to take lots of pics :P