PDA

View Full Version : Vents

ChryLaser
02/04/2003, 07:20 AM
Hey Everyone,
Ever since I got my car there has always been a white discoloration on the top my on a/c vent louvers. Cleaning it with a regular cleaning spray doesnt get rid of it...the top of the louvers unlike the bottom is textured. Anyone else have this problem? If so have you solved it? .:confused: Thanks

Moncha
02/04/2003, 08:06 AM
Have you tried a protectant? Sounds like the plastic is dry and could use a shot.
I found on my '99, that the surface was rough on the top of the louvers also, I pulled them out and turned them over and swapped side to side.

ChryLaser
02/04/2003, 08:23 AM
how do you take them out? Sorry Im mechanically slow =)~

Triathlete
02/04/2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by ChryLaser
Sorry Im mechanically slow =)~
I believe the politically correct term is MECHANICALLY CHALLENGED!;Dr; :laughr: ;Dr; :laughr: :naughty:

Tone
02/04/2003, 09:57 AM
All vents except the center one below the steering column just pop out. You may want to pry with a sharpened popsicle stick along the edge to get it started if you can’t get a grip. I too took them out and flipped them over so more air is directed at the driver than the passenger when aimed.

ChryLaser
02/04/2003, 10:25 AM
I really feel stupid but I couldnt pry them loose. I dont want to be too rough for fear of breaking the vents. Is there a particular part of the vent id get a grip of to pull it out? Is it a simple pull or what? Thanks for your help.