PDA

View Full Version : Rocking Horse Effect over bumps

SU-Vehi
02/04/2003, 06:07 AM
Hey guys....... the suspension on my VX seems to be severely depreciating. Not only does my rear come out of the seat when I hit a bump at as little as 45 mph....... after the bump, frost heave, etc. the VX rocks forward and backward several times before leveling itself out.

Has anyone else experienced this? What should I tell my dealer? Any insight would be great.

Thanks!

Navigator
02/04/2003, 07:04 AM
Depends on your definition of "BUMP"... I have seen cars break axles and bust oil pans at speeds under 45mph while ingoring residential speed bumps, etc ... The term bump is so ambiguous...

Bump dimensions would be helpful to determine if the reaction is abnormal for that speed. Please elaborate...

AlaskaVX
02/04/2003, 11:17 AM
Sounds like bad shocks to me, time to look into after market, unless your willing to pay what the dealership wants. The stock shocks are great but as soon as mine go out I think I am going with the Rancho 9000 adjustibles.

SU-Vehi
02/05/2003, 09:10 AM
When I say bump, I mean simple stuff..... like frost heaves on wintery roads or even a rift in a bridge when youre on a major highway. Man, I hit one the other day and my head hit the ceiling. And I'm only 5'8" HAHA.

andy454
02/07/2003, 06:05 AM
Sounds kinda normal to me. There is a road on the way home from work that has them every few feet and man is it harsh. I think it is due to our suspension being so stiff. I can hardly feel them in my axiom until I turn non the sport mode. I had a shock go bad and all I noticed was when going around corners that were rough the steering wheel would vibrate from side to side. It was hard to control around the corners when this happened. Seemed like it was fine hitting bumps straight. You could really tell when you bounced each side of the vx. You could hardly move the vehicle on the sides with the good shocks, but the one with the bad one would bounce like crazy. Can you believe the dealer said it was my tires! I had to go to the dealer and show them in person. Goobers.!!!!!

SU-Vehi
02/20/2003, 10:42 AM
Well, it turns out that my dealer said all 4 shocks were JUNK. They yanked em all out and replaced em with 4 new ones all under warrantee (27,000k miles on mine). Now I feel like Eddie Van Halen after hip replacement. :cool: