PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu PR/warranty sucks!

PeteVX
08/19/2004, 12:00 PM
OK, just called very politely to Isuzu about rims peeling all over particularly on the outside around the valve stems, drivers window takes 2 hands to pull up (usual problem) and noisy driveline.

I bought the car 4 months ago at 37,000 its a 2001. I thought the bumper to bumper was 3 yrs/36,000 apparently its 3yrs/50,000 my car was 1st registered in march so its out of warranty timewise, I asked if anything could be done as the window and rims are known and documented problems, I was told absolutely no way whatsoever would it even be considered. I asked if there was anyone i could write to or take it up with as both conditions existed before the warranty expired they were unfortunately not reported in time. I was told any complaint would come to their office where it would be disregarded.

I said i know some of the known issues were taken care of for other people technically outside the warranty period, i was told that may have been in the past but now nothing would be acknowledged whether is is a known problem or not.

The only thing that would be honoured for the time being is engine and powertrain issues to 5 yrs/60,000 miles

So i'm going to take it in next week and have the noisy powertrain looked at at least.

I feel dissapointed in Isuzu, they were not at all helpful or polite

Pete

Dallas4u
08/19/2004, 12:10 PM
Did your local dealer initially turn you down for new wheels? I have seen people get rejected by Isuzu USA, but the dealer took care of them.

May want to ask while you're there, just for the hell of it... unless you've already been shot down.

PeteVX
08/19/2004, 12:15 PM
Havent tried them yet but good idea, I will ask the dealership when i take it in for the powertrain problem, like you say...its worth a try

thanks

transio
08/19/2004, 01:11 PM
Pete,

I don't see why you're upset. This is how warranties work. I have the same issues with my VX, the only difference being that I bought it ONE month out of warranty, and with only 25,000 miles on it. I didn't even bother calling Isuzu about the warranty issues, though. I asked when I bought it if it was under warranty, and they told me that the bumper-to-bumper had expired. At that point, I knew that little things like this wouldn't be covered. That's just the way it works, man. I bought new wheels and fixed my window myself. Oh well. I guess that's why you pay more for a car still under warranty.

Steve

PS - How can you say Isuzu's warranty sucks when you don't have one?

PeteVX
08/19/2004, 02:10 PM
I guess i didnt make myself very clear, its not their warranty that sucks its the attitude of the person on the phone at Isuzu HQ, their customer service. I didnt think the window and wheels were under warranty and really arent that bothered by it, just that knowing its a common problem i thought it was worth a try, i've experienced dealerships before that have repaired things out of warranty that were common problems, they wont go so far as to acknowledge a fault but as a gesture of goodwill have carried out the repair free of charge or at a reduced cost and i think that builds great customer loyalty so i have to disagree that Isuzu's warranty service is just like everyone elses.

What got me wound up is the arrogance i received when i politely inquired if there was anything Isuzu could do to help me out. Even a 'i'm really sorry but there really isn't anything we can do because it falls outside of the warranty terms' would have been fine rather than the 'absolutely no way would we ever consider anything wrong with the vehicle anymore, even if it is a known problem' like i was insulting him by even bringing it up

I'm sorry but a crappy attitude like that is bad customer service in my book.

I still love my vehicle, I just called my local dealer about the driveline noise and they were very helpful suggesting that i stop by anytime tomorrow and they would take it for a drive and see if they can tell whats up. A complete reversal of attitude to Isuzu HQ.

We'll see what happens....

transio
08/19/2004, 02:29 PM
Pete,

Gotcha. I agree that condescending CSR's are annoying to deal with. You've got every right to be pissed about that. I guess the "warranty" part of the title had me confused as to what your post was about.

Steve

WormGod
08/20/2004, 07:47 AM
My last few cars have been a 90 Amigo, 97 Rodeo, 00 VX, and now an 01 VX. I have had extreme rudeness and disregard from ISUZU reps with the previous cars. I have not had to have my 01 VX taken in for anything that called for me to contact an ISUZU rep, so I am lucky in that regard. Although, upon acceleration now, I am noticing a high pitch, almost chain sound underneath in the the chassis. I may need to take it in to have that looked at, and I am already preparing for the usually "negative dog and pony show" from the dealer and ISUZU in general. I bought it new with the 10 year/120k mile warranty (overall, does not include everything, of course) and it's only been in my possession for 2 1/2 years, so we will see what comes of this.

Of course, taking it in means removing some of the aftermarket gear and going stock again, but thats just life. ;)

VCAMILO
08/20/2004, 11:16 AM
;Db; I must be the luckiest one on the board. My roomate works for an Isuzu dealer and his best friend is a Service Rep. He drives my VX right in and it all gets done. Window problems? No problem... They just replaced the whole window. I just took it in because of a exhaust leak.... NO Problem! They are replacing the front pipe and the catalytic converter. $650 bucks worth of parts.
Im just waiting for parts to come in. ;Db;

Dallas4u
08/20/2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by VCAMILO
Window problems? No problem... They just replaced the whole window.

Not sure that this will fix your window problem... I guess you canbe happy that you have a new window and all. :confused:

carlymac
08/20/2004, 12:51 PM
Mine was slow to take gear and had slipped out of gear a few times going 70 mph...so I took my 99' in twice during the bumper to bumper warranty only to be told "Sorry sir we can find nothing wrong with your vehicle. Then 3,000 miles after the bumper to bumper expired the find the transmission mode switch needs replaced. And to boot they said it wasn't coverd as a drive train part. I contacted Isuzu N.A. only to play phone tag for a week. Then they said we refuse any assistance on this issue. I asked for his supervisor, later I contacted her and she also refused any assistance. I then asked for her supervisor and she stated it didn't matter if I spoke wit the board the answer was still no. Again I asked for her supervisor. This woman refused to give me a name. Needless to say I was livid. but i didn't curse. I tried to explain the work orders while the vehicle was in bumper to bumper were worded nearly verbatim about the transmission problem. After several minuets pleading with this woman she hung up on me. I filed a compaint with the BBB and NHTSA.
Within a week I recieved a phone call from an Isuzu field rep who offered to pay for the part if I would pay the $50 labor. being as this was better than the $360 cost before I accepted. He said nothing about the complains but I did recieve a letter from the BBB asking if the matter had been resolved.

Cyrk
08/20/2004, 01:38 PM
carlymac I just had my Mode switch replace at the dealer... they too wanted 350 for the switch, got it from St Charles for 130.