PDA

View Full Version : Question bout SC & AC...

Cyrk
08/19/2004, 09:20 AM
Ok my SC has been whining allot more and cuts down on power or at least it seems lately when the AC is on. Any one know what might be going on, or is this all in my head?

Thanks
-Dave

Dallas4u
08/19/2004, 09:26 AM
It could be in your head... I use to feel that way, too. Extra noises, power different before and after little changes.

I changed from a K&N air filter to an AMSoil filter a while back and it felt like I lost power. I switched back to the K&N and thought I could feel the power back again. Was it true??? Probably not, but I was telling myself that it was.

Sometimes I thought I could hear a little extra ticking in the SC nose cone, more than usual. I couldn't tell if it was causing any problems, but 99% of the time everything felt fine and the noises weren't any different than usual.

Cyrk
08/19/2004, 09:29 AM
Could the SC gear oil be low? I guess I should check it. Any one now how to check it?

Dallas4u
08/19/2004, 09:31 AM
If you pull the fill screw off the front oil should trickle out. If so, you know it's full.

I changed mine after my move to Portland, just to be safe. I'm sure I didn't need to do it, but I did none the less. You can go to your local GM dealer or Buick dealer and buy their SC oil if you are interested.

Nazrat
08/19/2004, 09:58 AM
Or get part number 12345982 from:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com

That's ~$4/bottle supercharger oil.

-Tad

And my SC is noisier at times.

thedutchguy
08/19/2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
It could be in your head... I use to feel that way, too. Extra noises, power different before and after little changes.

I changed from a K&N air filter to an AMSoil filter a while back and it felt like I lost power. I switched back to the K&N and thought I could feel the power back again. Was it true??? Probably not, but I was telling myself that it was.

Sometimes I thought I could hear a little extra ticking in the SC nose cone, more than usual. I couldn't tell if it was causing any problems, but 99% of the time everything felt fine and the noises weren't any different than usual. JUST DUKE IT !