PDA

View Full Version : Help! new VX, Blown engine

spitfire5454
08/18/2004, 07:43 AM
The good news is i finally got one. Its a previously leased Black 99 with 43k and i got it at a steal. The bad news is now the engine is dead. I checked my oil before i left and it was ok. 800 miles later the thing just dies on me in the middle of no where. i then find the dipstick dry. im pretty pissed off. Ive only had it about three weeks and put maybe 2500 miles on it. My only saving grace is the dealership where i got it from said it is under factory warranty until december, so i guess it was better now than later. do yall think im gonna have a hard time with this warranty thing, ive been reading others posts and it sounds like i should be ready to go to war. Whats the best way to handle this? My family has 3 isuzus, my fathers rodeo has the exact 3.5 with 105k miles on it and never had any problems other than the useless intelligent suspension control.

Maugan_VX
08/18/2004, 07:48 AM
If you've only driven it 2500 miles and 3 weeks, then they have no case to deny you your warranty claim.

In fact its against the law for them to deny you the warranty based on previous owner's records. I did the research when I bought my vx. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes.