PDA

View Full Version : Oooh No! PO 301...??!!

xdfarrx
08/17/2004, 02:29 PM
Looks like I am done. I went to an audition at FOX, I leave start my car and the whole thing is shaking. No noise just shaking. I drive away the CHECK ENGINE Light comes on. Flashing, then on as I drive, and if I am standing still flashing. Go to AutoZone PO 301, Cylinder 1 Misfire. Its clearly done.
I'm screwed. I don't don't have 5k for a new engine.... Anita, where is the dealer you suggest I take it to?? Help anyone.......

VXcaver
08/17/2004, 02:49 PM
Hey... don't jump to conclusions based on an Autozone visit! There are other things that can cause what you describe besides the dreaded blown engine. See a mechanic and have things like plugs checked.

Check this thread by triathlete:

#1 Cylinder Missfire (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3103)

xdfarrx
08/17/2004, 03:38 PM
Thanks-
My check engine light is not on but flashing, which is indicative of the worse right. I read the thread, so thanks Iand I will check things out.

Anita
08/17/2004, 03:51 PM
Dylan,

I emailed you my dealer info.

Make sure Mike is the one to look at the truck!

Good luck...

VX crazy
08/17/2004, 04:24 PM
Bad fuel can easily cause a misfire like you describe.

xdfarrx
08/17/2004, 04:40 PM
The car is not physically misfiring. I just pulled the plugs. My factory workshop manuals say the plugs on the right are 1,3,5 and the left 2,4,6. I checked both sides. Tips are white(ish) and look spec (from my experience) Either the injector has gone bad (I Hope), or the cylinder is toast. I had standard oil consumption, no bad noises. The only thing remiss was I had really bad fuel consumption yesterday. The car is running like ****....I am bummed.

XCross69
08/17/2004, 04:54 PM
Mine sorta did the same thing several months ago....My check engine light came on, dumb*ss dealer (not isusu) just reset it the first time. The next time it came on flashing, turns out it was a bad head gasket. Before it was loaded on the flat bed to be hauled 100 miles to local dealer it was started and it was running very rough....as it probably would
I also did the autozone thing and they didn't help out much!!

Hope it nothing major man!!

xdfarrx
08/17/2004, 04:58 PM
Did you do an ODB test and get any codes?? I would be interested if you got the same code as me with a blown gasket??

Maugan_VX
08/17/2004, 06:47 PM
I couldn't count the number of times my 3.2 trooper's acted just like that.

Don't jump to the worst conclusion just yet.

xdfarrx
08/17/2004, 07:16 PM
Yeah...I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions. Well see... flat bedding it to Monrovia tomorrow to get it diagnosed. The ODB II test said PO 301, so it is what it is.